Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

greg, my kitchen sink size is 800x 400mm (bowl size) the actual dimensions (cos it's under-mount) is 850 x 505 mm

so if your kitchen sink is smaller or similar size, it should fit i guess

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thanks to greg, i managed to customised my outdoor dining table as well... will look like the one in greg's place except i'm customising the size to be 2.3m in length...hopefully the table will be able to be delivered by mid-december. alot of things happening in december for sure! can't wait!

thanks oldskool! wouldn't have gotten it if not for the discount + i'm desperate!

I was aiming for this console too but the price was too over my budget :jawdrop: ...

anyway nice purchase!

I was aiming for this console too but the price was too over my budget :jawdrop: ...

anyway nice purchase!

thanks.. i knw it's pricey even at the discounted price.. i find it kinda pricey but im getting desperate like i said.. so just bite the bullet and buy it.. at least it's a loose piece i can always sell it away or bring it along with me if i were to shift again (hopefully not!)

if i were to get it customised by the norm carpenter.. it would probably cost me ard 1.8 to 2.2k and they are not even using solid wood.. so forget it lor

Edited by sleepybeauty

so in my earlier post, i mentioned that i will be customizing a outdoor dining table and here's how it looks like:

10961773955_44134198fa.jpg
(photo lifted off secondcharm's website)

the dimensions for my table will be different from the pic above.. my customized table will measure 230cm (length) x 80cm (width) x 75cm (height) with a 3cm thickness in natural solid teak wood. the wood staining choices are below, guess which one did i choose? will unveil when it's delivered!

10960734296_c2f01746a3.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

Nice floor lamp!

All my tb stuff has been shipped to peeka china warehouse but I havent been advised of the shipping charge

Maybe christmas season coming soon so they're very busy

They will let you know the final payment (balance + shipping) after your package has been consolidated and shipped out from China.

Just when i thought the reno will be coming to an end.. the most horrible thing happened! I realized that the counter-top material was different from the one i had chosen initially!!!!!!!!

i was cleaning the counter-top last night and the more i look at it, it dawned upon me that it does not look like the one i had chosen initially. I was going for the Silestone matt black top and they installed a glossy finish with small speckle (similar to granite but the grains are much smaller). Horrors of horrors!!!!!!!!

i immediately search for the old pic i had taken during selection and wasspp the ID. During the conversation, many versions of the story started to appear. It range from "the supplier said the matt finish got no stock and not so recommended to use the matt finish" to "oh i think they don't carry it here and i think the glossy finish is actually better" to "i just called the supplier and i think they made a mistake". oh well, don't give me the bull****… my point is simple… if my original choice is not available, i should have been informed!!!!!!!!!!! that would allow me to decide if i wanna choose a different material from the same brand or go for alternative brands & material instead! Am i right?

So anyway, i told the ID to better give me a good answer the next day (which is today) after he double-check with the supplier. He tried to convince me that the current finishing is nicer and matches the kitchen blah blah blah… honestly, I'm not keen to listen to that at this point of time.

how suay seriously! FML!!!!!!!

just received my LED lighting quote yesterday and makes me wonder if it's really worth it to pay so much just for LED lights.

i'm using a total of 27 single recessed downlight, 8 single dimmable recessed downlight and 3 double recessed downlight!

the lighting plan:

9791887875_a1bfb23aea.jpg

the quote from the lighting supplier with the specs of the LED:

9791975236_48db07e543.jpg

does anyone out there have the same doubts about LED lightings? Is it really worth the high price?

Hi,

LEDs is definately a money-saving factor, less heat and much durable. However the crucial point is the LED bulb that you are using, reputable brand like Philips is good. I was using the standard tungstun bulb and changed to LED eventually.

Just curious how much did your spend on the lighting and electric works? I am doing my maths as I am about to move on to a new pad next year.

Just curious, did you hack away the living room flooring that was left behind by the previous owner?

Just when i thought the reno will be coming to an end.. the most horrible thing happened! I realized that the counter-top material was different from the one i had chosen initially!!!!!!!!

i was cleaning the counter-top last night and the more i look at it, it dawned upon me that it does not look like the one i had chosen initially. I was going for the Silestone matt black top and they installed a glossy finish with small speckle (similar to granite but the grains are much smaller). Horrors of horrors!!!!!!!!

i immediately search for the old pic i had taken during selection and wasspp the ID. During the conversation, many versions of the story started to appear. It range from "the supplier said the matt finish got no stock and not so recommended to use the matt finish" to "oh i think they don't carry it here and i think the glossy finish is actually better" to "i just called the supplier and i think they made a mistake". oh well, don't give me the bull****… my point is simple… if my original choice is not available, i should have been informed!!!!!!!!!!! that would allow me to decide if i wanna choose a different material from the same brand or go for alternative brands & material instead! Am i right?

So anyway, i told the ID to better give me a good answer the next day (which is today) after he double-check with the supplier. He tried to convince me that the current finishing is nicer and matches the kitchen blah blah blah… honestly, I'm not keen to listen to that at this point of time.

how suay seriously! FML!!!!!!!

OMG !! your ID needs to be more responsible. Hope this gets resolved.

Hi,

LEDs is definately a money-saving factor, less heat and much durable. However the crucial point is the LED bulb that you are using, reputable brand like Philips is good. I was using the standard tungstun bulb and changed to LED eventually.

Just curious how much did your spend on the lighting and electric works? I am doing my maths as I am about to move on to a new pad next year.

Just curious, did you hack away the living room flooring that was left behind by the previous owner?

Hello sumobear,

the LED I'm using at my apartment is supplied by a company called HIIGA. Maybe you can google for their FB page for more info. I think the crucial point should be the driver which they used it seems. I do agree that LED emit less heat and as for money-saving factor, i think unless you gonna switch on ur lights for a long period of time daily. The differences saved (on electricity bills) should be negligible other that the costs of replacing the light bulbs. The capital outlay for installing good LED lights are much higher than using non-LEDs thus it would be useful if you intend to stay put in the place for a longer period of time in order to make it more worthwhile.

as for my electric works & lighting costs, i will PM you separately ok?

actually my apartment is brand new, however i did a major reno and i hacked away the flooring at the kitchen/dining area and a small section just outside the bedrooms.

11018830494_f5b9d817f2.jpg

you can see from the above that the area in RED was hacked and re-laid with new floor tiles. I hacked away the wall as well to combine the dining & kitchen together and make it an open concept kitchen. Hope the info helps!

Btw, congrats on your new pad!

Edited by sleepybeauty

OMG !! your ID needs to be more responsible. Hope this gets resolved.

the issue was somewhat resolved and the problem lies in the slight color difference of the sample and the actual material that was supplied. The color of the sample which i had chose from is darker (black) Vs the actual supplied was like a faded black nearer to a very dark grey upon comparison. The contractor came down personally to explain to me that there's no mistake in the material and why it looks different is due to the tone of the color which is hard to control as the material was done in batches by the supplier.

After looking at the original sample i had chosen, the reason why it looks matt and the speckles were less obvious is becos the color is kinda pure black thus the specks dun show up as much. the one that was installed has a lighter shade and thus making the specks looks more obvious.

since no mistake was made by either parties and i don't wanna make things difficult for them, i guess i just have to accept the fact that no 2 stones can be the same. the overall look of the counter-top is still nice but just not perfect ...

finally bought the sonos playbar today and pre-ordered the subwoofer from paris-silk as well… the subwoofer should be avail 2nd week of Jan 2014

11024886474_7e140cc6e2.jpg

saw a promotion in harvey norman that day.. this time round, I'm going to take the opportunity to get the free bridge given if you buy PLAY 1, 3 or 5… undecided which one should we get though… any thoughts or feedback?

11025224134_d3a91b21fd.jpg

Internet connection (fiber broadband) was also activated and set-up yesterday at the new place and so far we are quite happy with the speed (although we haven't tested it out by doing online streaming of shows). will share more about it when we shift in :)

Edited by sleepybeauty

Thanks for sharing...I must have skipped some posts and thought it was a second-ownership.

Have you tried the Chan Huat for lighting? The biggest light supplier in Singapore. But anyway I believe you are pretty much done up....Nice Pad!

The price point of stuffs today have shifted quite a lot since I last did my renovation 5 years ago. My pocket is about to bleed!

Thanks for sharing...I must have skipped some posts and thought it was a second-ownership.

Have you tried the Chan Huat for lighting? The biggest light supplier in Singapore. But anyway I believe you are pretty much done up....Nice Pad!

The price point of stuffs today have shifted quite a lot since I last did my renovation 5 years ago. My pocket is about to bleed!

oh yes tell me about it... even the haiku fan's price shot up so fast.. from 600-700+ early last year to now around 1.1 to 1.3k i think... it's just ridiculous!

i haven't been to chan huat though.. thanks for the info and i will pop by to see any nice pendent / chandelier which i seriously need to get it soon... still haven't found anything that's suitable and nice yet easy to the pocket.... sigh...

thanks for ur compliments and looking forward to seeing u start ur own t-blog here! hehe