Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

Looking gd! Your place is gonna be awesome for hosting parties heh

Can share the link for the shop with the laundry basket and cushion covers? Quality looks good!

thanks greg! below are the links for the items:

cushion + cushion covers

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=21255327704

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19455369894

laundry baskets

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16118866935

Enjoy ur TB shopping once again!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Love how your house is coming along & love the items you've purchased from TB.

PS. Is your tablecloth printed on both sides? Had bad experience with my old place where the prints on plastic bags got transferred on my counter top.

By just looking at the picture of your shepherd pie is making me hungry.. doesn't look like a trial effort - it looks perfect and I am sure the taste is even better.

Merry Christmas

i have been trying to find a suitable quilt cover from the stores but didn't managed to find anything that catches my eye.. thus decided to buy via the net. so here it is…nice?

it should take around 2 weeks to arrive in spore… can't wait!

11475375635_5c8484365f.jpg

Hi where is this from?

Love how your house is coming along & love the items you've purchased from TB.

PS. Is your tablecloth printed on both sides? Had bad experience with my old place where the prints on plastic bags got transferred on my counter top.

By just looking at the picture of your shepherd pie is making me hungry.. doesn't look like a trial effort - it looks perfect and I am sure the taste is even better.

Merry Christmas

Thanks for the compliments! I'm pretty happy with most of the items from TB to be honest except for one of the lousy poster. The tablecloth I bought is only printed on one side. Actually it's just loose cloth which could be use to make pillowcases or some other stuff. The quality is pretty good and has a vintage look to it.

Haha the shepherd's pie that I made was 'copied' from Gordon Ramsay's receipe and it turned out to be not bad. Of course nowhere near the chef's standard. For the Xmas party tonight I actually replaced lamb with beef as I think most of ppl would find it easier to take beef than lamb. Just wanna be safe I guess. Not everyone likes lamb...

I just received another batch of shipment from peeka last night .. Will post pics up soon!

Meanwhile, enjoy ur festive hols & merry Xmas!

I love leg of lamb , mum just roasted one with lots of garlic & rosemary for our Christmas dinner as I do not have a oven in my current place. I tried roasting one many Christmases ago - failed miserably, it was dry and tough. Thank God for the honey baked ham if not, it will be meatless Christmas.

Did you get a meat thermometer or does your oven comes with a digital probe? My mum can roast anything without one but I can't; rely on the meat thermometer to get the ideal roast.

Qn on the legrand door bell, is it loud enough to wake you up from sleep? Hehehe

Glad that I saw your posting of it here, just in time to stop the ID for buying a not-so-pretty one for our place. Phew!

Edited by gloke

I love leg of lamb , mum just roasted one with lots of garlic & rosemary for our Christmas dinner as I do not have a oven in my current place. I tried roasting one many Christmases ago - failed miserably, it was dry and tough. Thank God for the honey baked ham if not, it will be meatless Christmas.

Did you get a meat thermometer or does your oven comes with a digital probe? My mum can roast anything without one but I can't; rely on the meat thermometer to get the ideal roast.

haha… i guess we all need a little more practice in cooking… and nothing beats our own mum's cooking hehehe…

i dun have any meat thermometer nor any digital probe as i have not tried roasting any meat actually… after the party on the xmas eve.. i just realized it's a lot of handwork to cook and wash up! so tiring….

Qn on the legrand door bell, is it loud enough to wake you up from sleep? Hehehe

Glad that I saw your posting of it here, just in time to stop the ID for buying a not-so-pretty one for our place. Phew!

the door bell is V loud… i got woken up by it a couple of times in the morning when there are deliveries .. i think it's good enough for me and i always close my door when i sleep

i have to say that the legrand door bell looks better in pics but then again, it's not hideous or anything… anyway it's just a door bell and it works perfectly fine so I'm quite happy with it

awesome table cloth there and ur place is looking great!

hehe yes the tablecloth saved my marble island! had a party on xmas eve and red wine was spilled, thank god for the tablecloth! I'm going to reorder another piece to cover up the small gap of the island as the tablecloth's width is not wide enough… it's around 1.4m but my island is 1.5m in width…good investment & so cheap! hehehe

Thanks for the update on doorbell.

My Man in the house is v practical - doorbell must be audible. I go for the looks :P

Can show me the link for tablecloth fabrics

Looking for upholstery fabrics

Am still quite clueless w searching on TB

I've learnt my lessons with parties - try not to be too ambitious and plan the menu carefully. I try not to have too many stove cook meals and rely a lot on the oven. With parties more than 15 pax - out comes the disposables.

Good that you've had the tablecloth covering the marble island, wine stains are hard / near impossible to get rid. There's a marble spray that you can get from Home FIX, I used it daily on my dinning table after every meal. It helps protects the marble.