Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tcm

Gas Water Heater Storage Or Instant Heater For Bto Flat ?

Hi,

Was told by ID that current BTO flats are deigned to use Gas Water Heater storage, and not Instant heater. Is this true ? I have never used any water storage heater, and through my research there are some issues as below :

1. Hot water will only arrival to my shower head after 5 min.

2. Since gas is burned inside the storage heater, there will be some black fume coming out from it, and dirty the laundry hanging in the service yard.

3. Some noise and smell when gas is burning

Are the abovmentioned true ? Can share your experience ?

Has anyone installed instant heater in the bathrooms, how can I go about it and things to take care of ?

Appreciate your sharing, and TIA.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Huh? Why is BTO flats not "designed" for instant water heaters? Instant water heaters can be placed anywhere you want it... Is your ID trying to push you to get the gas water heater?

It true that new flat all the piping is hidden so it either city gas water heater or storage heater. I just got my new flat and I decided to install instant heater as I don't like to wait for the hot water....just pay extra for the contractor to relocate the piping and tiles

Got for those instant gas heater. saves money and time. very highly reccomend it. Has stove gas heater gas oven and gas dryer.

The best thing one can get in HDB.

Now that i moved out of HDB i very much miss piped gas. so convenient.

2. Since gas is burned inside the storage heater, there will be some black fume coming out from it, and dirty the laundry hanging in the service yard.

Indeed it will take some time for water to heat up but definitely not 5 min. More like 20-30 secs.

There are no fumes, smoke whatsoever emitting at all. Thought the flame may be visible from certain angle when in use.

There are noise but pretty similar to the gas stove.

Initial usage is just on the water supply, a normal/removable/replaceable battery will create the spark for ignition.

Above base on my Rinnai unit using for 10years. Not sure how design and technology evolved nowadays.

Edited by OceanEleven