Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ProjectH

Happy Couple Decorates: A House, Not Yet A Home

hey vi, it's also worth considering the use of T5 lighting situated on top of the top kitchen cabinet to give the illusion of height i.e more spacious

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Your house is looking good. I vote for white laminate too. The white laminate will definitely brightens up the house...

whoa .. didn't know that. Let me discuss with electrician whether poss to add pts at this stage.. heehee...

hey vi, it's also worth considering the use of T5 lighting situated on top of the top kitchen cabinet to give the illusion of height i.e more spacious

Hi Jaykr,

I research a loooooooooooooong time whether it will turn yellow. Some swear it won't. Some say it will. Thought for a long time and decided to take the chance here.

How r u? Do show us pixs of your live in condition. Absolutely love your big kitchen with all blum fittings.

Would the white laminate turn yellow over time? Would you be ok with it ?

i doubt it will turn terribly yellow. perhaps a weekly maintenance of wiping them down might help?

i vote for white cabinets too coz mine's white. :notti:

Hi Vi,

So exciting to see your progress!

Possible to PM me Alan's quote. Am interested to engage him to do reno for the living and study room of my new house.

Hi Jaykr,

I research a loooooooooooooong time whether it will turn yellow. Some swear it won't. Some say it will. Thought for a long time and decided to take the chance here.

How r u? Do show us pixs of your live in condition. Absolutely love your big kitchen with all blum fittings.

I think most items that are white will turn off white with time. Like painted white walls for instance.

Sunlight is probably the culprit, including indirect sunlight.

Many thanks to those who voted. :thumbs up: Nice carpenter ah gui called this morning and I told him yes to white laminates. It's always good to have fellow members input. Thanks peeps for clearing my doubts.

i doubt it will turn terribly yellow. perhaps a weekly maintenance of wiping them down might help?

i vote for white cabinets too coz mine's white. :notti:

Hi,

Your house is looking good. I vote for white laminate too. The white laminate will definitely brightens up the house...

Edited by ProjectH

Hi Edwin,

His hp is in my signature. Why don't you give him a call, have a meet up and get a quotation? My quotation will not be relevant because I didn't do anything for study room. Alot of furniture I bought off the shelf.

Hi Vi,

So exciting to see your progress!

Possible to PM me Alan's quote. Am interested to engage him to do reno for the living and study room of my new house.

I did blinds for living room and short curtains for the rest of the bedrooms. HTH

1) Did you do all your 3 bedrooms all long curtains?

2) For your 2 common rooms, did you do long curtains or roller blinds?

Nothing much done on the flat due to my fault for ordering my lights via TB juz two weeks ago. Luckily they will arrived this week so fingers crossed more action next week.

Bought cleaning materials to the flat so that we can clean the living room after the chemical wash so that Evorich can install our HERF. Thanks to Greg who remind everyone who will be using HERF to clean the floor before overlaying the HERF.

Have not decide whether to engage a professional cleaning crew to do post-reno clean-up. Need to see what is the remaining funds after the reno. Boo~

10396861633_eaed1cd50b_n.jpg
cleaning stuff by Vi&Seb, on Flickr

Bought cleaning materials to the flat so that we can clean the living room after the chemical wash so that Evorich can install our HERF. Thanks to Greg who remind everyone who will be using HERF to clean the floor before overlaying the HERF. Have not decide whether to engage a professional cleaning crew to do post-reno clean-up. Need to see what is the remaining funds after the reno. Boo~

I'm thinking of getting a steam mop to clean my HERF. A fellow Renotalker recommended Black & Decker brand. :)

Nothing much done on the flat due to my fault for ordering my lights via TB juz two weeks ago. Luckily they will arrived this week so fingers crossed more action next week.

Bought cleaning materials to the flat so that we can clean the living room after the chemical wash so that Evorich can install our HERF. Thanks to Greg who remind everyone who will be using HERF to clean the floor before overlaying the HERF.

Have not decide whether to engage a professional cleaning crew to do post-reno clean-up. Need to see what is the remaining funds after the reno. Boo~

10396861633_eaed1cd50b_n.jpg

cleaning stuff by Vi&Seb, on Flickr

Your friend and I considered hiring a professional clean up crew to clean up the house post reno, especially since we need to bring our brothers & sisters down to the new house for some Chinese customs on the day of the wedding.

however, one look at our bank accounts and we've decided to take leave and clean the house ourselves.