Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ProjectH

Happy Couple Decorates: A House, Not Yet A Home

Haha Ah Gui is really nice but a bit blur at times. A few weeks back, we saw him buying 4D. Almost wanted to 'disturb' him - Ah Gui, eat snake har? Lol

Anyways we intend to look for him directly next time if we need more carpentry work. Good for u to keep the numbers of the better sub-cons...

We don't have much carpentry in the first place. Kitchen, toilet cabinet, shoe cabinet and bay window in living room and warerobe. Room for error is smaller I guess.

I only have his hp coz I took half day to pop down... Did not meet the rest. Good tip re. getting the nos. of plumber and electrican direct. Can pm me? haha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Review on Furniture Club IMM

Despite all the bad reviews on renotalk, I decided to purchase a sofa from FC because the saleslady promised top quality work. I even gave a good review on the forum.

Delivery was due on 16th November and I called service hotline on 4th to reschedule to 30th November. Someone called us later to inform us the colour of the sofa is out of stock. I understand it takes at least a month to customise the sofa. Am surprised it was inform so late which I believe they totally forgot about our order.

This is totally unacceptable considering we paid our deposit on 30th June, a good 5 months earlier and paid the remaining amount on 15th October.

We choose the sofa because we were attracted to the unique colour (which I mention in the forum) and to be informed so last minute the colour is no longer in production is outright ridiculous.

We went down on Friday and could not fancy any other colours. The store manager promised us FULL refund. The main office called us today and told us they will refund us full refund. (DUH)

It is very distressing having to find another sofa so last minute. Boo

Oh dear....

On the bright side, at least you'll be getting a full refund

that's a lot better than some of the other horror stories that we've heard of in the forums, particularly with other furniture shops

Yah as long as they do full refund coz honestly sofas are not diff to find.. Already purchase one on Friday at IMM.. Haha

Oh dear....

On the bright side, at least you'll be getting a full refund

that's a lot better than some of the other horror stories that we've heard of in the forums, particularly with other furniture shops

Hi ProjectH, sorry we thought we have Ah Kiong's number but apparently we didn't saved it :( but we do know he works as a team with Ah Gui. So best to get his number via Gui.

I wonder why all the sub contractors / workers are always called Ah Something. My carpenter was Ah Jia, electrician Ah Boy. The rest also Ah something.

Edited by kstoh

No worries Mrs E!

Hi ProjectH, sorry we thought we have Ah Kiong's number but apparently we didn't saved it :( but we do know he works as a team with Ah Gui. So best to get his number via Gui.

Np. Will pm u over the wkend. Sorry, tonite gg Robinsons sale and tmr will be at new plc for deliveries and aircon installation.

Hello, mind sharing the links for the maple leaf door stopper n small tracklights? Thanks

Haha .. No idea Ah Toh!

I wonder why all the sub contractors / workers are always called Ah Something. My carpenter was Ah Jia, electrician Ah Boy. The rest also Ah something.

Hi All,

Just to sidetrack a bit, anyone shipping back stuff using amcon?

I bought a 260 pieces of luggage tag during my trip to Guangzhou. Planning to use them as my wedding favor.

However the shop couldn't get the stock ready for me to bring back, no choice had to ship back using amcon. But the items are too small to make up 1cbm. Its only about 0.1cbm. Can I tag along anyone's shipment if you are goin to ship back using amcon soon?

Do let me know if you can help ok? Thanks a lot.

By the way, my contractor is Alan too. And yes, I have to agree that out of all his work, im most pleased with the carpentry (Cant remember the name) and electrical (Ah Keong). Workmanship is very good.

Alan is also a very easy going person, but really quite forgetful at times. His price, is very reasonable too.

Mine was a major overhaul of a jumbo unit, about 159sqm. I've got quotation ranging from 68k to 80k. He quoted 65k with more stuff included.

Of coz there were hicups here and there but overall I must say that we have no regrets engaging him. :)

Back to my shipment.... someone help meeeeee.... haha

Edited by jojojo0209

Hi there!

I didnt use amcon. http://ship2order.com/. They do charge either weight or volume. My first order is charge by weight and second order (chairs) by volume. Maybe u can check them out if u cant't find anyone to tombang.

HTH!

Hi All,

Just to sidetrack a bit, anyone shipping back stuff using amcon?

I bought a 260 pieces of luggage tag during my trip to Guangzhou. Planning to use them as my wedding favor.

However the shop couldn't get the stock ready for me to bring back, no choice had to ship back using amcon. But the items are too small to make up 1cbm. Its only about 0.1cbm. Can I tag along anyone's shipment if you are goin to ship back using amcon soon?

Do let me know if you can help ok? Thanks a lot.

By the way, my contractor is Alan too. And yes, I have to agree that out of all his work, im most pleased with the carpentry (Cant remember the name) and electrical (Ah Keong). Workmanship is very good.

Alan is also a very easy going person, but really quite forgetful at times. His price, is very reasonable too.

Mine was a major overhaul of a jumbo unit, about 159sqm. I've got quotation ranging from 68k to 80k. He quoted 65k with more stuff included.

Of coz there were hicups here and there but overall I must say that we have no regrets engaging him. :)

Back to my shipment.... someone help meeeeee.... haha

Edited by ProjectH

Hihi retchlow!

Good to see u ard! Thot no one is reading so didn't update my t-blog. Tx for dropping by!

Anyway, after three massages, one tuina later, i finally have the energy to write. Cleaning, packing and unpacking is no joke.

Will write a review on Alan once I more or less settled. There are good days and bad days of Alan. If he's in a bad mood, he can be defensive when u tell him things. But if u catch him in a good mood, he can be rather nice. Going to settle the final payment with him soon.

But overall, house is lovely. Both parents loved the cosy feel and even my fsm said she visited many places and she liked the feel of our house.

Many thanks to lots of renotalk members who guide me along and lots of inspirational pictures.

Starhub is coming over to install broadband later so will upload photos once I finished unpacking. (Boxes everywhere!)

But it shall be ready for three parties in the next two weeks.