Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Honeygal

Rowenta Tabletop Or Ariston Built In Oven? Just As Good?

Deciding between the two. Rowenta tabletop oven is $799 and Ariston FZ51 built in oven is only $499.

Can anyone please advise if the tabletop oven produces lower quality cakes, compared to built-in? Or do they perform just as well?

Why does the tabletop cost so much more than the built-in?

Appreciate your views.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Tabletop oven does not necessarily produces lower quality cakes.

The important part is the heat distribution (and the baker too) but most ovens (if not all) will have their cool spots, you will have to make friends with the oven and know it better over time.

You may also consider the frequency you are using the oven and whether you will need the bigger capacity?

If you are going to roast a turkey every Thanksgiving, the Rowenta may be too tight in space.

But for just cupcakes and cookies for the occasion party, it will work just fine.

If you are not using often, the built-in will become a white elephant and take up space you cannot use, other than to use it as another cabinet, which I have seen so many people do.

That Rowenta is considered a pretty new model, while that Ariston could be the lowest in their range.

For tabletops, Rowenta is pretty good while Ariston is not exactly the best of built-ins.

My 2 cents!

Tabletop oven does not necessarily produces lower quality cakes.

The important part is the heat distribution (and the baker too) but most ovens (if not all) will have their cool spots, you will have to make friends with the oven and know it better over time.

You may also consider the frequency you are using the oven and whether you will need the bigger capacity?

If you are going to roast a turkey every Thanksgiving, the Rowenta may be too tight in space.

But for just cupcakes and cookies for the occasion party, it will work just fine.

If you are not using often, the built-in will become a white elephant and take up space you cannot use, other than to use it as another cabinet, which I have seen so many people do.

That Rowenta is considered a pretty new model, while that Ariston could be the lowest in their range.

For tabletops, Rowenta is pretty good while Ariston is not exactly the best of built-ins.

My 2 cents!

Hi xaleysan,

I think your baking blog is exactly what i need as a beginner in baking!

Alas, I just realize my so-called oven is a steam oven for 3-in-1 functions ie steam, grill and microwave - missing baking i think sob sob. I need to go back and take a look again. Arghhh !!! If can't bake, will look for another tabletop oven. Can recommend?

Hi xaleysan,

I think your baking blog is exactly what i need as a beginner in baking!

Alas, I just realize my so-called oven is a steam oven for 3-in-1 functions ie steam, grill and microwave - missing baking i think sob sob. I need to go back and take a look again. Arghhh !!! If can't bake, will look for another tabletop oven. Can recommend?

thank you, thank you! I haven't been updating my blog, but hope it is of some use to you.

I've been using tabletop oven because I did not change the cabinets from the previous owner.

I used to use a Tefal which lasted me for about 6-8 years if I remember right and I used it quite often before it finally died.

Problem was it is quite small (26L), so it was difficult to buy baking trays that fit.

Currently I'm using a Delonghi tabletop oven at home.

I measured the lengths of baking trays of common brands like Wiltshire or Phoon Huat when looking for a replacement oven, so that I won't have the problem with trays not able to fit, haha!

This is the biggest capacity tabletop oven I can find (42L), and I seem to only see at Best Denki, so you can take a look.

I briefly saw your blog and I guess you like to be tidy and clean too ;).

Downside of this oven is there is no self-cleaning walls.

But it's not a big problem if you wipe after every use when oven is still warm.

Rowenta should be pretty good too. I haven't used it, but have seen many people use it and it gives pretty good results.