Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Munchkin

Has Anyone Bought Cheap Online Furniture From Velofurniture.com Before?

Has anyone checked out velofurniture.com or bought any of their furniture? The packages seem cheap but im scared to purchase them cos they do not have a showroom & i cant see the furniture for myself, so im not sure if it might be a fake company or website. Please help!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hihi... Looks like not many ppl know them... If you looking for cheap furniture but with designerish type online... You can try www.justenjoylife.com.... If u lookin for cheap furniture but don't mind quality think many place has... Hehehe but of course not nice la...

For online furniture store without showroom or inventory, you need to check firstly, the business registration number. Secondly the refund policy. Thirdly, the warranty.

As all these are legally binding, faking the business would be abit too risky. CASE would be on it in no time.

The prices are too good to be true. In other words, to get to those prices, compromises have to be made to quality.

Hey Sam! Thanks for your feedback. The research we have conducted with regards to consumer behaviour is that from a psychological perspective, the higher the price, it is presumably correlated in quality.

But is that really the case?

During one of a competitive intelligence project, we had identified a few European brands sharing the same factory and supply chain from China along with other smaller players. There were distinct differences in the selling price but the quality is essentially the same. As such, we find that the buyer's perception is primarily based on the brand and it's geographical location. Like how you would consciously assume an Italian made cabinet is of better quality than say an Indonesian made cabinet although the cabinet was in fact produced in the same factory in China, just branded differently.

On another note, to clarify your question directly with regards to quality, we didn't compromise anything in that aspect. What we changed however is the supply chain and operational process. No shopfront, no middlemen fees, no big warehouse. All these are operational overheads that would have contributed to the price mark-up. Removing those overheads from a micro level, we are able to shave off up to 70% without compromising on quality.

In this regard, I'd also like to point out that we have a 7 day full refund for all products. If quality is not good upon delivery, you can return it to us and full refund will be made - no deductions :)

Sorry for the long text. Hope this clarifies!

Hey Sam! Thanks for your feedback. The research we have conducted with regards to consumer behaviour is that from a psychological perspective, the higher the price, it is presumably correlated in quality.

But is that really the case?

During one of a competitive intelligence project, we had identified a few European brands sharing the same factory and supply chain from China along with other smaller players. There were distinct differences in the selling price but the quality is essentially the same. As such, we find that the buyer's perception is primarily based on the brand and it's geographical location. Like how you would consciously assume an Italian made cabinet is of better quality than say an Indonesian made cabinet although the cabinet was in fact produced in the same factory in China, just branded differently.

On another note, to clarify your question directly with regards to quality, we didn't compromise anything in that aspect. What we changed however is the supply chain and operational process. No shopfront, no middlemen fees, no big warehouse. All these are operational overheads that would have contributed to the price mark-up. Removing those overheads from a micro level, we are able to shave off up to 70% without compromising on quality.

In this regard, I'd also like to point out that we have a 7 day full refund for all products. If quality is not good upon delivery, you can return it to us and full refund will be made - no deductions :)

Sorry for the long text. Hope this clarifies!

I was referring to velofurniture, did you see the pricing? Their selling price is factory pricing for decent quality products. I was not referring to your company.

I was referring to velofurniture, did you see the pricing? Their selling price is factory pricing for decent quality products. I was not referring to your company.

Hi Sam, my analysis applies to all online shops including velofurniture which I believe have a similar business model. I haven't shop there so I can't comment on their quality though.

Hi to all people looking for furnitures, there will be a furniture fair at expo hall 6 (Interior and Living Asia 2013), from the 21st - 29st dec 2013. There will be many furniture brands that will take part in this fair, and Renotalk will also be holding its booth at the fair (A9a) (Free gifts, lucky draw, interesting kitchen products for sale)!

If you are looking for furnitures, why not come down and take a look since the brands may also be holding their promotions in this fair and there are plenty of brands to choose from?

Renotalk looks forward in seeing you there!!!

Hi Sam, my analysis applies to all online shops including velofurniture which I believe have a similar business model. I haven't shop there so I can't comment on their quality though.

Dear Natalie,

There is a baseline cost to everything. IKEA is the benchmark for cheap furniture. If anybody can sell cheaper than IKEA then something is wrong.

You run an online business, that does not mean that every online business is the same.

You keep your costs down by not stocking, therefore you will need a long time to fulfill an order.

I have been buying and selling furniture for more than 10 years. I know what it cost to make a piece of furniture.