Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
YTMO

Our First Home (By K)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi YTMO,

the grey wall, in your study room, what shade of grey is that?

seriously, no pun intended. (50 shades of grey)

i kinda like the cool grey look..just dun want too dark.

Hi ANDiLaLaLa (you have a really long nick hehe), it's called mosaic grey from Dulux paint (sorry,can't remb the color code).

Love your blind. :wub: But looking at the cost. :unsure:

$1200+ is for blinds for the living room + 3 bedrooms. In fact we checked with another vendor and was quoted even higher, hence we decided with Fabulous curtains (higher cost might be also due to the fact that we chose real wood for the blind panels for the living room as laminated wood might warp after long hours in the sun).

Hi YTMO,

Can you PM me the cost of the wooden blinds? Thanks.

Hi verre, we spent $1200+ for the pure wood blinds in the living room + roller fabric blinds for the 3 bedrooms.

Hi ANDiLaLaLa (you have a really long nick hehe), it's called mosaic grey from Dulux paint (sorry,can't remb the color code).

$1200+ is for blinds for the living room + 3 bedrooms. In fact we checked with another vendor and was quoted even higher, hence we decided with Fabulous curtains (higher cost might be also due to the fact that we chose real wood for the blind panels for the living room as laminated wood might warp after long hours in the sun).

Hi verre, we spent $1200+ for the pure wood blinds in the living room + roller fabric blinds for the 3 bedrooms.

Thanks babe! I told my hubby how much i love your wood blinds! :) Beautiful house!

Thanks babe! I told my hubby how much i love your wood blinds! :) Beautiful house!

Hi YTMO,

mosaic grey.....yeah...now that you've told...i think i know why its 50 shades....lots of them!

thanks heaps! :good:

i stumbled upon a paint company website...can mix & match the colors..to give an idea what the space looks like..

http://www.nipponpaint.com.sg/inspiration/colour-paint-selector?color=Neutral

Was about to ask abt the blinds..but verre got to u anyway. :sport-smiley-018:

oh well...more ideas for my new home. :thumbs up:

LaLaLa..hhehehe...

No problem, I love the blinds too! It gives a very cosy ambience yet you can still allow for some sun rays to come in! :)

Hi YTMO,

mosaic grey.....yeah...now that you've told...i think i know why its 50 shades....lots of them!

thanks heaps! :good:

i stumbled upon a paint company website...can mix & match the colors..to give an idea what the space looks like..

http://www.nipponpaint.com.sg/inspiration/colour-paint-selector?color=Neutral

Was about to ask abt the blinds..but verre got to u anyway. :sport-smiley-018:

oh well...more ideas for my new home. :thumbs up:

LaLaLa..hhehehe...

The mosaic grey is really nice, not too dark yet still visibly grey! haha. Glad to be of help anyways!

hi, can u pm me your contractor's contact? thanks~

Hi, you can contact my contractor - Kevin at 90222321.

Great to see that everything is going well! I'm planning to hire K for my upcoming renovation also.. Your design is very similar to what i had in mind too! Do you mind sending me your quotation by K? so that I can roughly gauge how much my reno cost will be and what things I have to forgo to fit into my budget.. Running on a very low budget :dunno: Having my wedding together with flat collection certainly doesn't help!! :help::help::help:

hi can pm me who is K ?

Edited by shorty

Nice reno! I think the concept of our house is eerily similar to yours, but we are not using Mr K (he's too busy).

I suspect we got the same cement screed looking tiles from Soon Bee Huat, but ours is probably the lighter shade.

Will be coming up with our reno t-blog real soon so stay tuned.

The living room is now complete with the TV and coffee table! So relieved all the furnishing we cherry picked gel together fairly well.

photo11_zps9fb9c363.jpg

photo21_zps667a17e9.jpg

Can barely contain my excitement for the walk-in closet to be installed next Sat!

Strangely, we have yet to get our bed frame cos nothing we sort of fancy (YET) so we're gonna take our time on that.

nice & warm feel!

Nice reno! I think the concept of our house is eerily similar to yours, but we are not using Mr K (he's too busy).

I suspect we got the same cement screed looking tiles from Soon Bee Huat, but ours is probably the lighter shade.

Will be coming up with our reno t-blog real soon so stay tuned.

Oh, really? Initially we were undecided with the light or dark version but the light ones were out of stock and had to wait for a month, hence we went with the dark ones in the end. Thank god they turned out pretty well. Looking fwd to your T-blog :)

nice & warm feel!

Thank you!

Oh, really? Initially we were undecided with the light or dark version but the light ones were out of stock and had to wait for a month, hence we went with the dark ones in the end. Thank god they turned out pretty well. Looking fwd to your T-blog :)

Thinking about it, I don't even think they showed us the dark one - perhaps it was our turn for it to be out of stock =p

Yours floors are looking good and I hope it's the same for us in that lighter shade.

Thinking about it, I don't even think they showed us the dark one - perhaps it was our turn for it to be out of stock =p

Yours floors are looking good and I hope it's the same for us in that lighter shade.

Share the pics when it's up! We were worried initially too but it turned out alright! :)

Hi YTMO,

is K a contractor or from ID firm? Mind to share quotations with me, hope to receive pm from you, thanks in advance!

Hi secretgarden, K (Kevin) is a contractor. You can contact him at 90222321. Won't be sharing the quote since different requirements and materials used will result in a different quote, but we spent approx. 30k with K (excluding our WIW closet).

Sharing photos of our 'walk-in' wardrobe. It doesn't look very big but it's the entire parameters of the room already (17ft in total!).

photo22_zpsbb2a1a54.jpg

photo12_zps9bcf3e14.jpg