Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
YTMO

Our First Home (By K)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Share the pics when it's up! We were worried initially too but it turned out alright! :)

Hi secretgarden, K (Kevin) is a contractor. You can contact him at 90222321. Won't be sharing the quote since different requirements and materials used will result in a different quote, but we spent approx. 30k with K (excluding our WIW closet).

Hi YTMO, I've got my t-blog set up, and will be posting pics soon. Stay tuned ya.

Btw and I'm no longer surprised, we are also using Design Closet for our wiw! Did you go with Luke? His service has been pretty good thus far.

We are also getting the ICOL fan from Chan Huat :good: - love the matte look of it, and apparently it generates quite a bit of air because of the design of its blades. Do you find this to be the case with your fan?

The living room is now complete with the TV and coffee table! So relieved all the furnishing we cherry picked gel together fairly well.

photo11_zps9fb9c363.jpg

photo21_zps667a17e9.jpg

Can barely contain my excitement for the walk-in closet to be installed next Sat!

Strangely, we have yet to get our bed frame cos nothing we sort of fancy (YET) so we're gonna take our time on that.

hello may i know where did you get the coffee table and how much does it costs?

And also how much is your TV console too? Thanks in advance!! :D

- mrs merry

what type of kitchen top are you using? Met up with K today.. Mentioned that I want a quartz top and he highly recommended Caesarstone to me but I understand that it's costly though.. :dunno:

what type of kitchen top are you using? Met up with K today.. Mentioned that I want a quartz top and he highly recommended Caesarstone to me but I understand that it's costly though.. :dunno:

We used the brand Hanstone for our quartz tabletop. So far so good! :D

Hi YTMO, I've got my t-blog set up, and will be posting pics soon. Stay tuned ya.

Btw and I'm no longer surprised, we are also using Design Closet for our wiw! Did you go with Luke? His service has been pretty good thus far.

We are also getting the ICOL fan from Chan Huat :good: - love the matte look of it, and apparently it generates quite a bit of air because of the design of its blades. Do you find this to be the case with your fan?

We went with Design closet as I had 2 friends who used them as well. And yes, we were serviced by Luke but do book your installations with them early as we had to wait 2 weeks for ours after confirmation of the drawings. The installations were done by 2 Bangladesh workers in which 1 of them can speak mandarin lol!

hello may i know where did you get the coffee table and how much does it costs?

And also how much is your TV console too? Thanks in advance!! :D

- mrs merry

Hi mrs merry! We got our coffee table from Galanga, they had a few items that were made of this similar screed material. Cost $399 if I remb correctly but had to pay additional $50 for delivery (or you can pick up on your own but its really heavy and have to fix on your own too).

Console's from Helping hands located at Kovan (you can google their address!). They sell all sort of teak furniture made by ex-convicts. We paid abt $700 for it. Very value for money and meaningful purchase ! :)

Edited by YTMO

• Like 1

Hi AnW, I'm not sure what's the exact material for the top, solid top in general. We used granite for our toilet though. Perhaps you can show K my house photo and he should be able to tell you :)

We used the brand Hanstone for our quartz tabletop. So far so good! :D

Hello Mrs merry! Can share how much did it cost per ft?

Hi AnW, I'm not sure what's the exact material for the top, solid top in general. We used granite for our toilet though. Perhaps you can show K my house photo and he should be able to tell you :)

Ok I'll ask him about it when I see him again.. Thanks!!

More photos of the house from today!

Sofa's in and blinds are up!

photo41_zps59c48498.jpg

Walkway with frames of doors painted black and doors white for contrast.

photo31_zpscebcfcca.jpg

The hubby-to-be's work desk.

photo11_zpsf173159b.jpg

Hello YMTO, congrats on ur new home...looks lovely!!

May I know what brand of fan did you get? Isit Cresta? Also can share the place u bought ur track lightings a d blinds? How much huh?

Thanks! :)

Edited by EMinlove

Hello YMTO, congrats on ur new home...looks lovely!!

May I know what brand of fan did you get? Isit Cresta? Also can share the place u bought ur track lightings a d blinds? How much huh?

Thanks! :)

Hi EMinlove, thank you for your kind words. Fan's from Crestar (from Chan Huat, Balestier). Track lights from Philips Lightings. Blinds from Fabulous curtains (also located along Balestier) at about 1.2k (living room + 3 bedrooms). Hope that helps! :D

Haha, oops I made a typo error, I meant opsh. Another company doing wiw!

Sorry, what is osph? we got it from design closet along balestier road.

Edited by klimoo