Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Redder,

Wow you started your reno already. All the best to you! I will only start mine on the 23rd! Can't wait!! :dancingqueen:

Hey iceage! Yes walls have been hacked and debris cleared.. Need to check what they're up to later today haha! All the best to u too! ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally chose kitchen and bathroom tiles at Hafary Balestier, took us abt 1.5hrs!

Kitchen wall and floor tiles:

- Grey peranakan flooring with black mosaic look-alike.. We must be crazy to choose this I know lol!

20131217_221714_zpsbeeb4722.jpg

20131217_221859_zps61eacb36.jpg

Common Bathroom:

- Going for the concrete look

20131217_222918_zpscd286512.jpg

20131217_223124_zpsdf46729f.jpg

Master Bathroom:

- Wood tiles for walls and black sparkly lava stone look-alike flooring

20131217_224023_zps623ff5f4.jpg

We have also placed deposit with Parisilk for the kitchen appliances. Now we urgently need to check on aircon. No idea where and which brand to get! Any recommendations anyone PLS? Lol

We have also placed deposit with Parisilk for the kitchen appliances. Now we urgently need to check on aircon. No idea where and which brand to get! Any recommendations anyone PLS? Lol

Using Mitsubishi Electric also known as Starmex. Second system already, please with the performance as well.

New place likely also using back the same.

Using Mitsubishi Electric also known as Starmex. Second system already, please with the performance as well.

New place likely also using back the same.

Yup, found out that Starmex is the best bet. Now the dilemma is... We have existing aircons (abt 6 yrs old, non-inverter) which the technicians said should still be in good working condition after an overhaul, chemical wash, new pipings, etc. Cost ard $1.4k. A new system will cost ard $3k. We would very much like to keep the existing ones to save cost BUT.. What if after the overhaul, something goes wrong.. Maybe not so soon but still, we will have to change everything and incur cost again. *stressed*

Yup, found out that Starmex is the best bet. Now the dilemma is... We have existing aircons (abt 6 yrs old, non-inverter) which the technicians said should still be in good working condition after an overhaul, chemical wash, new pipings, etc. Cost ard $1.4k. A new system will cost ard $3k. We would very much like to keep the existing ones to save cost BUT.. What if after the overhaul, something goes wrong.. Maybe not so soon but still, we will have to change everything and incur cost again. *stressed*

Keep the existing system, do the chemical wash and renew the piping.

I find the overhaul kind of pricey. Imagine new system with piping is $3k plus but overhaul is half that price.

For a good night sleep, bite the bullet and change new.

Keep the existing system, do the chemical wash and renew the piping.

I find the overhaul kind of pricey. Imagine new system with piping is $3k plus but overhaul is half that price.

For a good night sleep, bite the bullet and change new.

Tks for ur opinion, Ocean.. I feel it's better to get a new system too but now our reno cost seems to be going up no thanks to the odd layout of my house! Some changes have been made and we just wanna cut cost wherever we can sighhhh

Currently accumulating a list of things to buy from Taobao.. As of now there are 8 tolix chairs, 3 sets of rainshowers, bathroom accessories and faucets. Still need to get lights, kitchen stuff and decorative items! This is my first time ordering from Taobao and I'm not sure if I shld go with Peeka or Amcon or any other agents. And I feel like I shld go for express delivery as New Year is coming and CNY too so I'm afraid of delays but at the same time, worried abt the shipping cost and GST! Any Taobao experts can help to advise on this? :(

Hey redder, express shipping is very ex.

I think should definitely put in your order soon if want to be in time for cny.

Some items are made to order. Meaning it will take some item before it is shipped from tb seller to agent warehouse. This is particularly truly for furniture type items.

When I bought through peeka, they will find out from tb seller how long it takes to ship out and inform me on whether I want to wait. Then I can either cancel and put in another seller with same item or just wait.

The other advice if time is not on your side, is get all the big stuff which require contractor to install for u. The decor stuff can wait and not so urgent.

GST is bo pian one so don't be fixated on that.

Gd luck!

Hey redder, express shipping is very ex.

I think should definitely put in your order soon if want to be in time for cny.

Some items are made to order. Meaning it will take some item before it is shipped from tb seller to agent warehouse. This is particularly truly for furniture type items.

When I bought through peeka, they will find out from tb seller how long it takes to ship out and inform me on whether I want to wait. Then I can either cancel and put in another seller with same item or just wait.

The other advice if time is not on your side, is get all the big stuff which require contractor to install for u. The decor stuff can wait and not so urgent.

GST is bo pian one so don't be fixated on that.

Gd luck!

Hey tks for ur input Greg! I thought of going for 7 days express shipping for the bathroom stuff and lights only then go for economy shipping for the chairs and other stuff which are not urgent but now no idea how much will express shipping cost me. Or if I just go for economy shipping for everything, I'm worried the items won't reach in time for ID to fix.

Arghhhhh this is so stressful!!

Hey tks for ur input Greg! I thought of going for 7 days express shipping for the bathroom stuff and lights only then go for economy shipping for the chairs and other stuff which are not urgent but now no idea how much will express shipping cost me. Or if I just go for economy shipping for everything, I'm worried the items won't reach in time for ID to fix.

Arghhhhh this is so stressful!!

Actually I think there is a chance for the things to arrive in time if you purchase now.

All your items are almost towards the end of the reno, So even after CNY should be also fine.

Go by Amcon for volume since you have chairs.

Actually I think there is a chance for the things to arrive in time if you purchase now.

All your items are almost towards the end of the reno, So even after CNY should be also fine.

Go by Amcon for volume since you have chairs.

Hey Ocean! Yup planning to order by Monday..

Oh Amcon cheaper? Is it known as Amcon Express?

I will just gamble and go with economy delivery then.. Hope my shipment arrives on time.

Hey Ocean! Yup planning to order by Monday..

Oh Amcon cheaper? Is it known as Amcon Express?

I will just gamble and go with economy delivery then.. Hope my shipment arrives on time.

If bulky items, definitely cheaper. RMB550 pr meter cube plus documentation fees.

Buy on behalf is per line RMB50 I think.

Hey redder, just wanna ask if foo is exactly an ID or contractor? And how are his charges? Reasonable compared to those ID outside? Thanks!!