Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

This topic started by dafodil but become bikerguy's main thread to rant? who is who? which is which?

Smells fishy right? That is why forums are complicated................ Many self advertised and as much of those ruin rivals. I will not believe in compliments or complains unless have photos to prove!

Hi there, new to the forum here,

Just had my reno done recently, despite the warranties, guarantees promised by the ID/Contractors, when there is a problem all gone missing after money is paid.

Seems like that is how the industry works irregardless of size of company.

BTW, anyone uses floorrich lamiates before? Had my laminates done up by them through a contractor. I have some pops up after a couple of months.

Call and ask for replacement and doesn't get any reply.

Anyone familir with their after sales service?

Hi there, new to the forum here,

Just had my reno done recently, despite the warranties, guarantees promised by the ID/Contractors, when there is a problem all gone missing after money is paid.

Seems like that is how the industry works irregardless of size of company.

BTW, anyone uses floorrich lamiates before? Had my laminates done up by them through a contractor. I have some pops up after a couple of months.

Call and ask for replacement and doesn't get any reply.

Anyone familir with their after sales service?

I heard of there is a small court to handle all this..... Check it out and share here........ Eliminate all those "black heart " contractors

thanks for the advise guys.

btw any carpenter to recommed? the screw of hinges started to break off from wardrobe door.

just to be fair to the contractor. my kids are the likely culprit in this case and a word of advise maybe sliding door with top hanging hinges are more suitable for those with toddlers or preschoolers.

Problems after renovation: 5months .... counting.

1) Toilet bowl never seal properly. personally have to do the sealing since never pick up complain.

2) Paint peel off. have to scrap off paint and sand paper and paint. (thanks youtube)

3) floor laminate pop up. call up the laminate company myself for re-work and they finally responded after highlighting the power of forums.

4) Unable to close room door ... still thinking how to do.

5) started to find numerous " hidden" cracks in the bathroom tiles.

6) .......

I sent my photos to my friends. to my colleagues and my ex colleagues. "Good" and free publicity for them.

The ID is like a broken record "We want to settle nicely with you. If not, we just add in all the extras that we never charge you" x 10.

I keep thinking to myself, this guy not sibei sian meh, talking the same stuff over and over again and not negotiating. Now threaten to up my fees with all the "extra" stuff that he help to do if I don't settle.

Their manager also super solid. Meeting at 5pm to negotiate whether can settle, I text the ID at 5pm to see whether they arrive and can find the place, that PIG can a few minutes later text back manager busy, so meeting postpone. The ID and the manager appears to have NO proper upbringing and not civilised enough to even have decent courtesy to inform. One of my friend took half day leave, the other rushed down to help. The most go to small claims lo.

PM all the peeps who ask for the company's name. I rather people whos willing to learn from other mistakes, not to take this ID and his firm cos why let others suffer as well.

Hey man, would you mind if you could PM me on this. And for once, I really appreciate the time taken by you to elaborate all in detail. Not to piss anyone off, always heard people saying this ID bad, that contractor lousy, but no pictures to back them up, and usually its only them saying so its kinda one sided.

At least through your posting, we could see much more in details and judge the situation. More real and convincing then those one liner.

Dear friends of reno talk.. Please do not use IDemboss or ko hong. they are the same company. they own sub cons and staffs lots of $$ every mt.. I,m a contactarrow-10x10.png designer there and they ignore the $ they own me for more than a yr... Having said that if your house is reno by them and they did not paid the staff or sub con on time. i dare to say your house would be very much jeopardizes. This report is 100% real, noting is made up, any reporters or media can interview me.( my ID had been around for 5yrs, not made up to create attention)

Best ofarrow-10x10.png lucks my friends

• Like 1

Dear friends of reno talk.. Please do not use IDemboss or ko hong. they are the same company. they own sub cons and staffs lots of $$ every mt.. I,m a contactarrow-10x10.png designer there and they ignore the $ they own me for more than a yr... Having said that if your house is reno by them and they did not paid the staff or sub con on time. i dare to say your house would be very much jeopardizes. This report is 100% real, noting is made up, any reporters or media can interview me.( my ID had been around for 5yrs, not made up to create attention)

Best ofarrow-10x10.png lucks my friends

Thanks for the reminder..... your OWN means owe money?

Can PM me pls?

Be wary if you take this company IDs. PM me if you want their company and names. 3 big companies but 2 are subsidiaries with one main. My company is one of their subsidiary. So even when people say chose big company sure no problem, its like freaking ****.