Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wabisabi

Modern Mix Heritage Style For Postwar Flat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Cool looking fan. Sadly will not work in my place as it will jam in a week with the hairy monster in my house ... tikiboy :)

Totally off topic...but what a lovely GR you have there!!

From a fellow GR owner :)

Today went out to search for pendant light.

Looking for something suitable for balcony area.

10019373064_ea4e400e6d_z.jpg

Option 1 is something similar to Raffles hotel or Cluny court light, but not sure where to find this type of light.

Option 2 is maybe a little bit more heritage feel

Option 3 nice and practical, but will it be too industrial?

Option 4 something different and more outdoor feels, but I guess after a while will catch dust...

Option 5 something that has heritage element and has outdoor feel, but will it be too much?

I haven't decide which one is more suitable.....

Congrats on your TB place! Love the estate and it's yummy food. Couldn't imagine having only one toilet tho else we could be neighbours. :)

Vote for any fixture that can use LED bulbs to avoid frequent bulb change, but option 1 looks good. Have you tried Lightcraft?

Thanks for the vote everyone!

Adidaem, thanks for reminding me to check Lightcraft. I went there when I renovated my old flat, but forgot to visit them this time. They have the birdcage light in their website :)

Oh ya, the toilet issue is quite unique in this area. I have to admit that the idea of installing "masticating toilet" pop up in my mind, but I guess this will not be approved ; for basement in commercial building maybe, but not in HDB.

Another option is compost toilet :( better forget this idea hahaha. So, one toilet will do.

This is the progress today, one of the shower wall has finished. Look nice and tidy. We choose tile that comes with wavy groove, so the groove lines are not obvious. Smaller pattern is more suitable for small space.

10036873125_864b0ba0d6.jpg

Edited by wabisabi

Initially I want to have a dog door between my kitchen and laundry room for my Shetland sheepdog.

His food, drink and toilet will be located at laundry room.

Something like this : dog-door-sheltie-plexidor.jpg

But we decided to change the door there to frosted glass sliding door so the kitchen will be brighter, so contractor said dog door can't be done on glass sliding door.

Hopefully my dog can open the new sliding door. In my current home he can open my 1.2m width sliding door with his paw. So, I guess shouldn't be a problem.

This is him posing: 10040268024_e0b0b27555.jpg

Slightly off topic now. Need some advice with rice cooker.

How do you usually store the rice cooker? My current rice cooker just stay on a small table beside my dining table, and it never moves except for cleaning. Its position looks awkward and untidy, but it is not practical to hide it as we use it 3 times a day.

I need a better solution for my new kitchen. Any idea on where to "park" the rice cooker, easy to access from dining area, but look tidy and good.

I've considered to put inside a cabinet, but it need to be outside when cooking, if not the steam will damage the cabinet.

To put it on the kitchen counter is more practical but doesn't look very nice. I am considering to ask the contractor to create a special nook for it.

Please do share your solution on rice cooker. I also want to buy new better looking rice cooker, preferably with stainless steel inner pot.

What a beautiful sheltie! How do you guys managed to get your dogs to sit and pose? Ours is never still except when she's sleeping haiz

Initially I want to have a dog door between my kitchen and laundry room for my Shetland sheepdog.

His food, drink and toilet will be located at laundry room.

Something like this : dog-door-sheltie-plexidor.jpg

But we decided to change the door there to frosted glass sliding door so the kitchen will be brighter, so contractor said dog door can't be done on glass sliding door.

Hopefully my dog can open the new sliding door. In my current home he can open my 1.2m width sliding door with his paw. So, I guess shouldn't be a problem.

This is him posing: 10040268024_e0b0b27555.jpg

LOVE shelties...my sheltie was with us for 19 years. One of the best breed of dogs out there.

This was Max, our Sheltie:

maxpaintingmerged_zps850b9a2d.jpg