Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wabisabi

Modern Mix Heritage Style For Postwar Flat

Max is very handsome! Our sheltie has pointy and long muzzle and not much white fur. He is also a bit timid and sometime shy, but we love him anyway. He has been with us for 8 years. He will sit if we ask him, but sometime run away if we want to take picture :) He is good with the children, I guess it is part of their shepherd instinct.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I found this lights today from Brokis called memory. Very cute and colorful

me_240113_04-630x412.jpg

Too bad it is quite expensive, and one piece is not enough. But I really like the witty idea, and its colours.

I found this lights today from Brokis called memory. Very cute and colorful

me_240113_04-630x412.jpg

Too bad it is quite expensive, and one piece is not enough. But I really like the witty idea, and its colours.

I have seen these on taobao...have a snoop ard

Slightly off topic now. Need some advice with rice cooker.

How do you usually store the rice cooker? My current rice cooker just stay on a small table beside my dining table, and it never moves except for cleaning. Its position looks awkward and untidy, but it is not practical to hide it as we use it 3 times a day.

I need a better solution for my new kitchen. Any idea on where to "park" the rice cooker, easy to access from dining area, but look tidy and good.

I've considered to put inside a cabinet, but it need to be outside when cooking, if not the steam will damage the cabinet.

To put it on the kitchen counter is more practical but doesn't look very nice. I am considering to ask the contractor to create a special nook for it.

Please do share your solution on rice cooker. I also want to buy new better looking rice cooker, preferably with stainless steel inner pot.

What abt smth like this? :)

image_zpsa04e63b7.jpg

image_zps7f7077b2.jpg

Max is very handsome! Our sheltie has pointy and long muzzle and not much white fur. He is also a bit timid and sometime shy, but we love him anyway. He has been with us for 8 years. He will sit if we ask him, but sometime run away if we want to take picture :) He is good with the children, I guess it is part of their shepherd instinct.

LOL...max was also very shy and timid...if we had too many people in the house...especially kids disturbing him...he would get so stressed he would throw up! LOL. He hated pictures...after each snap...he would bark at me...LOL...he never got use to pictures...

image_zpsa04e63b7.jpg

image_zps7f7077b2.jpg

I have seen a lot of people construct something like the pictures above for their electric kettle and rice cooker. They would extend it when they need to cook. There was one person on RT..so sorry i can't remember the name of the blog...they made a cabinet door..so when they opened it...it would automatically extend the shelf out...thought that was very nifty.

image_zpsa04e63b7.jpg

image_zps7f7077b2.jpg

Hi Thanks for posting this picture. This is a great idea.

Hmm, now have to figure out where I can create this... too little wall space now....

Hi Thanks for posting this picture. This is a great idea.

Hmm, now have to figure out where I can create this... too little wall space now....

No prob.. My other half does not like any appliances on the counter so I had to do some research lol

Some of the progress photos:

10140274416_097a82cd6d.jpg

Laundry area - brand new flooring contrast against vintage mosaic tiles. Glass sliding door that separate this area with other area are not up yet.

10140325403_30f748abed.jpg

Bringing the architectural element indoor. This is ventilation hole for my maid room. A smaller version of the window outside the building.

10140248146_76e4ea944c.jpg

Tiles at shower area are finished. Complete with tile insert floor drain.

I have a dilemma with the vintage rattan sofa.

10140568316_d9bc7d12eb.jpg

10140625193_fb5092e34e.jpg

The cost to reupholster these cushions is $1550 (new thicker cushions and new fabric).

The cost to re varnish is $600, that is not including the shipping cost.

Restoring this vintage piece is expensive. We can get a new sofa with this price.

On one hand, this is a genuine piece that belong to this house. On the other hand, this sofa is a bit awkward (scale is too big for the living room), and I have to throw away my sofa from my old flat (I can't keep two sofas, no space).

If I don't restore it, it already become a bit shaky, and blotchy because some part of the varnish has gone. :unsure:

I plan to buy this stove, because of the vintage look, and also the price is affordable. It is Elba. Anybody have experience with Elba?

10140213315_8d24c5c6cb.jpg

Freestanding cooker! I've been waiting for someone to get this type of cooker instead of the normal hobs. I would love to see how it fits in your kitchen.

These are some of the purchased item, mostly for the home office that will look slightly industrial-vintage.

Small desk and chairs are for the children room.

s10162720743_99e47a8fa9.jpg