Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wabisabi

Modern Mix Heritage Style For Postwar Flat

Ok, this is the design for the kitchen part.

I try to design in to be in tune with the building architecture, which is late art deco style (streamline moderne).

So I try to mix in modern contemporary, late art deco, and peranakan element in it. Hopefully doesn't turn out to be a rojak :)

So which one you like better:

Option 1 is more modern, clean look.. The part in the middle of the top cabinet is peranakan tiles.

10204174566_893c15e63a.jpg

Option 2 is a glamorous peranakan look, more of a modern interpretation of peranakan look:

10204174506_a2f9b42cc4.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ok, this is the design for the kitchen part.

I try to design in to be in tune with the building architecture, which is late art deco style (streamline moderne).

So I try to mix in modern contemporary, late art deco, and peranakan element in it. Hopefully doesn't turn out to be a rojak :)

So which one you like better:

Option 1 is more modern, clean look.. The part in the middle of the top cabinet is peranakan tiles.

10204174566_893c15e63a.jpg

Option 2 is a glamorous peranakan look, more of a modern interpretation of peranakan look:

10204174506_a2f9b42cc4.jpg

Option 2 looks like some ancient Chinese decor that you will see in movies.... Nice... A bold move if you go for that...

Just finished discussion with carpenter. We had a long discussion on how to make option 2 design. They find it quite a challenge to create the cabinet door with tile in the middle of glass.

I have been busy for a few days, and the family got some virus, so everybody get sick since Tuesday.

Yesterday went to visit the site and the progress are very good. This contractor did the job neatly, looks like I am going to recommend this contractor if the progress is always like this. The finishing are smooth, edging sharp, no complain if need to change things, and handle all our demand patiently.

Some photos:

10324113286_b71db8b3fa.jpg

This is ceiling light for kitchen area, bought from Vlux at discounted price. Made in Spain, edging are real mahogany. Looks good.

I am looking for mirror with black frame plus black glass shelf. I want the front shower to look and feel masculine.
24896.jpg

Anybody know where to get this? I have visited many bathroom supplier but haven't seen one like this.

Edited by wabisabi

Haha thank you for the encouragement! I am now waiting for the carpenter to finish "their study". They haven't figure out the technique on how to put tile in the middle of glass door cabinet. Although there are wood frames, but they say it is difficult to make. So hopefully we can go ahead with option2 design for the kitchen.

Balcony light is up. I found the exact same style as the one in Cluny court. The bulb will be changed to LED bulb

10400491916_59edbf0494.jpg

Those windows are existing window. It was done poorly, but it is quite new.

I wanted to change these window, but it is expensive for such a long long window.

Maybe in a few year can save money to change this to double glazed version with clear glass instead of tinted.

We need double glaze because the sound of buses are quite loud. It looks green and serene in this picture, but actually outside is very near to main road.

Edited by wabisabi