Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wabisabi

Modern Mix Heritage Style For Postwar Flat

Today they are polishing the parquet. The original color is glossy rusty color.

Can see the original color on the side of this picture. The middle part they already sand it.

10401166245_4ba68b1cd1.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After we left the white wash chemical a while, it turn a bit greyish like this:

10401326493_ce1274edca.jpg

I was a bit worried about the result initially. The parquet design is quite complicated, and the original color of the wood is not even.

So with such sheer white, I scared it will look ugly.

But after a while it looks quite ok. They said tomorrow will be more even color after sanding and varnishing.

Here is the close up:

10401163605_71d08bede7.jpg

I think it look raw, slightly old and suit the old house......

Edited by wabisabi

The double glaze window are up!!

10337591606_0d4d6d1724.jpg

This is one of the reason I bought this flat. All those green outside :)

How much did you pay for the double glazed windows? Are they effective? Do we need special HDB approval cos they are heavier? Can I have the contact please?

The double glazed window is quite expensive, for those in the photo I paid $2300. But it is much bigger than average window (my ceiling height 7 feet) and mine is on curvy place, so installation is more difficult. My window total width is about 10 feet. It definitely cut a lot of noise, but not 100 percent. Yes it need HDB approval. I'll pm you my contractor no.

Today I am going to post some inspiration pictures from magazine. These two design I like most, maybe can be an inspiration for other who want to do renovation.

First one is Tom Browne apartment from architecture digest:

10403684213_31f8086104.jpg

10403510274_bd7489ae5f.jpg

and his boutique

10403506535_5e5c6883b6.jpg

10403508005_f7b1c8a7e9.jpg

Tom Browne place is masculine, neat, and I just like the vibe.

The second design that I like is done by Kelly Wearstler for Cameron Diaz.

Diaz apartment is feminine&glam, but I really like its textures

10403516434_fde95aa828.jpg

10403517564_9cb32e546d.jpg

10403537696_8ef5daac09.jpg

10403529865_37b77fab54.jpg

The double glazed window is quite expensive, for those in the photo I paid $2300. But it is much bigger than average window (my ceiling height 7 feet) and mine is on curvy place, so installation is more difficult. My window total width is about 10 feet. It definitely cut a lot of noise, but not 100 percent. Yes it need HDB approval. I'll pm you my contractor no.

Hi, you can send now. My box was full. Sorry.

Do note that I got the double glazed window from my general contractor, not direct to window supplier. But I have compared the one that done by previous owner 2 years ago (I guess it was done directly to window supplier), and the one I got from my contractor. The one done 2 years ago has a lot of gap, crooked here and there, and also brittle. Some of the lock broke during reno! The new one has followed the curve nicely and no gap. So I guess I got a good quality and the one installed it is quite good. But it cost a lot to replace those many windows...... and I have really lots of windows....

I'll take some details photo of old existing window compare to new one...

I haven't check out the Fascina window, so not sure how much it cost and if it is cheaper or more ex. But I heard it is nice and expensive :). I went along to install this window because my neighbour already installed it and I visited her flat to see how much it cut the noise. After I heard the difference, got convinced already lah.....

Here picture of my neighbour's window (middle), I think it looks quite neat:

10420686795_88548ede2b.jpg

Edited by wabisabi

I just chose my quartz table top today, but forgot to check with my contractor what brand it is. I was in the hurry...

Anybody has suggestion which brand is better? Silestone? Caesarstone? Iquartz?

I want black color, but I don't want something similar to black galaxy granite. After seeing black galaxy for a few years get bored already......

Edited by wabisabi