Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wabisabi

Modern Mix Heritage Style For Postwar Flat

Hello wabisabi! Where did you get this chest of drawers? Would love to try my own DIY on it. And it looks lovely!

Hi! I got it from Seahorse :) the one that selling matress :) it is solid pine except for the back and bottom of drawer. Price is very cheap only $170.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Really 60 years? If so, those of us who use the real wood floors for a long time can still say we are more eco-friendly than those who use laminated wood but change every few years.

This morning I just met Auntie, the first owner of the flat. She said she got the parquet very long time ago, when she just got the flat. So it is really about 60-65 years old.

My contractor also said that if we don't want to keep the parquet, he will take it for himself, because it is good parquet.

Just to ask, what do you intend to do with the vintage sofa? If you want to upholster the sofa or rather change the cushions and cover, I know of just a place that does tailoring, and even making rattan furniture. Price wise, i am not sure now as it has been many years now but location is in JB. If the location have not changed, it will be near the customs.

I got a cheaper quotation from rattan shop at Alexandra, restoration and re staining is $480 include delivery.

This morning I just met Auntie, the first owner of the flat. She said she got the parquet very long time ago, when she just got the flat. So it is really about 60-65 years old.

My contractor also said that if we don't want to keep the parquet, he will take it for himself, because it is good parquet.

If auntie bought the flat when she was 25 years old, she must be at least 85 to 90 years old now?

If auntie bought the flat when she was 25 years old, she must be at least 85 to 90 years old now?

Yup, she looks like about 80 plus. It is hard for her to climb stairs, but she looks healthy and strong... Auntie said she doesn't have enough strength to clean the flat anymore, and she had been waiting for lift upgrading which never come, that's why she sold the flat.

Our camper desk from Jottergoods has arrived. It looks slim and nice, with the perfect dose of cool contemporary and old school.

10534834085_9bb6a51cca.jpg

How much is this desk going for?

Edited by zetaet

Hi Wabisabi, I like your contractor! We also were thinking of keeping our terrazo flooring but a few contractors and IDs we spoke to would rather hack it off. Do you mind pm-ing me your contractor's contact?

Our camper desk from Jottergoods has arrived. It looks slim and nice, with the perfect dose of cool contemporary and old school.

10534834085_9bb6a51cca.jpg

How much is this desk going for?

I got in on discount from the IMM Jottergoods outlet. It is $644.86. Not sure if they still have stock though..., they said it is just a prototype desk.

Hi Wabisabi, I like your contractor! We also were thinking of keeping our terrazo flooring but a few contractors and IDs we spoke to would rather hack it off. Do you mind pm-ing me your contractor's contact?

Yeah... that's the typical advice from an average contractor... they also want to get bigger profit by changing the flooring.

I have pm-ed you the contact. If you want a designer to help, you can also consider Eugene Yip design or Butterpaper studio. I have contacted both of them. They are unique, stand apart and I am sure they will not ask you to hack the terrazzo floor (unless it is in bad condition). I didn't use them simply because I want to try designing my own flat without an ID (it was not an easy decision, and sometime I regret it).You can check out their website.

I cleaned up the brick wall by hand tools on weekend. It was quite tedious, makes me feel like an archaeologist :)

I still want to clean up further, but very tired...

10756932513_ed16637671.jpg

hi hi wabisabi

i am also thinking of keeping my flooring too, could you pm me your parquet contractor please? will like to ask him for advice

thanks!