Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wabisabi

Modern Mix Heritage Style For Postwar Flat

Hi guys

If the parquet floor has been around for a long time, there is a chance it has already been re-sand a few times. In that case, be very careful if you intend to re-sand. Expressly tell the contractor to be very careful. If need to, do one small area first. Check, check, check.

There is a limit to the number of times you can re-sand. In my previous place, the contractor got carried away and the floor was sanded till damaged. In some places where the wood overlap and join, it was very thin or hollow. Some places, a hole formed. Had to use wood putty to fill up. All very ugly and unacceptable.

If I knew, I would have just lightly sanded or maybe don't bother. Better to have nice rough wood than smooth terrible wood.

Edited by kstoh

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi guys

If the parquet floor has been around for a long time, there is a chance it has already been re-sand a few times. In that case, be very careful if you intend to re-sand. Expressly tell the contractor to be very careful. If need to, do one small area first. Check, check, check.

There is a limit to the number of times you can re-sand. In my previous place, the contractor got carried away and the floor was sanded till damaged. In some places where the wood overlap and join, it was very thin or hollow. Some places, a hole formed. Had to use wood putty to gill up. All very ugly and unacceptable.

If I knew, I would have just lightly sanded or maybe don't bother. Better to have nice rough wood than smooth terrible wood.

my observation is that the gaps between the slabs of wood has become big ( around 5mm gap or more) in some of the areas.....is it still feasible to keep the parquet?

I cleaned up the brick wall by hand tools on weekend. It was quite tedious, makes me feel like an archaeologist :)

I still want to clean up further, but very tired...

10756932513_ed16637671.jpg

Is dat the edison bulb from "like lights"? Look kinda bright..

my observation is that the gaps between the slabs of wood has become big ( around 5mm gap or more) in some of the areas.....is it still feasible to keep the parquet?

Better ask the experts. I have no idea.

hi hi wabisabi

i am also thinking of keeping my flooring too, could you pm me your parquet contractor please? will like to ask him for advice

thanks!

Hi! I didn't contact the parquet contractor directly, our main contractor did, so I can only give you main contractor contacts if you want.

Hi guys

There is a limit to the number of times you can re-sand. In my previous place, the contractor got carried away and the floor was sanded till damaged. In some places where the wood overlap and join, it was very thin or hollow. Some places, a hole formed. Had to use wood putty to fill up. All very ugly and unacceptable.

That is very true! Fortunately auntie didn't sand the parquet often, so it is still quite thick.

I guess we are lucky. I am sorry it didn't work well on your parquet.

Is dat the edison bulb from "like lights"? Look kinda bright..

Uhmm no :) that is led from megaman. Like lights will only have stock by end of Nov. So for the time being we will use this.

Today went out to search for pendant light.

Looking for something suitable for balcony area.

10019373064_ea4e400e6d_z.jpg

Option 1 is something similar to Raffles hotel or Cluny court light, but not sure where to find this type of light.

Option 2 is maybe a little bit more heritage feel

Option 3 nice and practical, but will it be too industrial?

Option 4 something different and more outdoor feels, but I guess after a while will catch dust...

Option 5 something that has heritage element and has outdoor feel, but will it be too much?

I haven't decide which one is more suitable.....

Hihi...can share where you get these kinda pendant light? I am gg to diy my pendant light using birdcages :) but I would like to get those bottle lights for my kitchen. Thanks ya

Hi hi....is your exhale fan in yet?

Not yet..... sigh.... their production haven't finished yet I guess. Well this is the risk of ordering from a start up company. But I am really curious about this product....

Hihi...can share where you get these kinda pendant light? I am gg to diy my pendant light using birdcages :) but I would like to get those bottle lights for my kitchen. Thanks ya

Oh those bottle lights you can buy from like lights, can check their facebook.

I got the option 1 from Citilight at Jalan besar.

Not yet..... sigh.... their production haven't finished yet I guess. Well this is the risk of ordering from a start up company. But I am really curious about this product....

Curious too...pls update when it's in ok...thnx much

The double glazed window is quite expensive, for those in the photo I paid $2300. But it is much bigger than average window (my ceiling height 7 feet) and mine is on curvy place, so installation is more difficult. My window total width is about 10 feet. It definitely cut a lot of noise, but not 100 percent. Yes it need HDB approval. I'll pm you my contractor no.

Hi,

Can pm me the contact for the double-glazed window? Thanks