Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dannysuz

Who Will Pay The Pre Construction Survey And Soil Test

Hello,

I have engaged a PE with package of $20K for A & A work on building my house to 2.5 floor. He requested for pre construction survey and soil test which cost in total $10k. Should I pay for the pre construction survey and soil test ? Is the package included those items ? Must I do it ? From my understanding, PE is responsible for the building structure. Why must I cover for him ? Please advise . Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Buying a house is usually the biggest investment for most people; and it is even more so when one is buying a landed to rebuild or refurbish, simply because one has to go through a steep learning cycle of the construction process, learning it on the job.

This is probably the only forum in Singapore that covers the landed construction process in great detail; one just has to search and study the threads, some gone back to 4 or 5 years ago.

A few of these pioneer thread-starters have been posting less and less these days.

Nevertheless, in posting an enquiry, it is easier to elicit an answer if the context is described. For example, what kind of landed, the scope of rebuilding or refurbishing, a brief description of the work scope? It is because we want to be careful in answering an enquiry.

Cheers!

Hello,

I have engaged a PE with package of $20K for A & A work on building my house to 2.5 floor. He requested for pre construction survey and soil test which cost in total $10k. Should I pay for the pre construction survey and soil test ? Is the package included those items ? Must I do it ? From my understanding, PE is responsible for the building structure. Why must I cover for him ? Please advise . Thank you.

With my very limited contact with architects/pe, the general understanding is that the fees paid to them are strictly PROFESSIONAL FEES. Any other extra anciallary fees (submission, soil tests, goverment inspection, TOP,.....) are all not included. In other words professional fees are like a doctors consultation fees, which does not include medications, xrays, blood tests.

The soil test is already about 5-10k. Preconstruction survey fees i am not sure.How can any professional engineers' fees be less then 10k?

Edited by fcar

Alternatively, u can get a company and do soil test yourself and pay them directly. Topo survey 1-2k. ura 3-4k, BCA 1k. So at the end of it, you get all these reports yourself, don't have to worry if builder, architect, PE hold on the copy.

For Semi D reconstruction:

Soil test (penetration depth about 50 to 60 metres) about $2,500.00 including GST enough

Pre-construction Land Survey about $1,500 should be enough.

Existing plan search from BCA about $150.

URA submission about $3,210

BCA Submission about $1,500

These are contractor price (not owner price).

For Semi D reconstruction:

Soil test (penetration depth about 50 to 60 metres) about $2,500.00 including GST enough

Pre-construction Land Survey about $1,500 should be enough.

Existing plan search from BCA about $150.

URA submission about $3,210

BCA Submission about $1,500

These are contractor price (not owner price).

i think this is about right... should be somewhere there

Dun forget - NPARKS Fee of $2140

I am getting this as my recon moves along....money really has to grow on trees if you renovate your house.

On original question of whether the professional fees covers the soil test, survey - no. I paid for the soil test and site survey - each about $1200. These are in addition to professional fees to architect and engineer.

Then have to pay PUB for water pipe laying to house, PowerGrid for power line laying.

On 9/30/2013 at 2:47 PM, pantieileen said:

Alternatively, u can get a company and do soil test yourself and pay them directly. Topo survey 1-2k. ura 3-4k, BCA 1k. So at the end of it, you get all these reports yourself, don't have to worry if builder, architect, PE hold on the copy.

On 9/30/2013 at 2:47 PM, pantieileen said:

wonder can you recommend company to do.soil report?

Thk

On 12/27/2013 at 5:36 AM, blackwhite said:

On original question of whether the professional fees covers the soil test, survey - no. I paid for the soil test and site survey - each about $1200. These are in addition to professional fees to architect and engineer.

Then have to pay PUB for water pipe laying to house, PowerGrid for power line laying.

Hi, can i hv the company that u said charge 1200 for soil report?

Thk