Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
desatans

Peace & Harmony@punggol

Hello everyone,

been a silent reader since May 2013 and saw so many beautiful homes being created thus decided to create my own t-blog to pen down and share our reno journey as well.

How many ppl actually get the chance to live next door to their parents and siblings? Our chance came when my bro's neighbor decided to put his hse on sale. Fast hand fast leg and we decided to grab this chance.

Fast forward a bit...was browsing the forum almost everyday admiring and looking for ideas. Time flies and tomorrow is actually the first day of reno!

But first up...the floor plan! :D

2i0c6e1.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Some of our purchase so far..

Sofa(but in mocha color with vanilla stripe) and sanitary

nybwol.jpg

Nothing fanciful, lights for bathrooms and kitchen

2h33i40.jpg

Lights for all bedrooms

2h2jwvb.jpg

Foyer lights

10dxunb.jpg

And lights for the dining :D

a316vd.jpg

Altar for guanyin

125hkwj.jpg

Dining table and chairs

34slcuv.jpg

Washer. Initially we got a top loader but due to the protruding beam at the laundry area, we will not be able to open the top cover fully. So we made a change to a front loader. Has not use a front loader before..

n6qvn.jpg

Next up, 3d drawings ^^

Edited by desatans

Your house look nice even you have not renovate, think it will be better after that, Wish you have a smooth reno journey.

Edited by soonliew

Your house look nice even you have not renovate, think it will be better after that, Wish you have a smooth reno journey.

I agree with soonliew - more photos of the process!

I know exactly what you mean about living close to family.

right now, my HTB's family lives in a HDB block where there are only 4 units on their floor. His family takes up one unit while his grandmother takes up another unit on the same floor. The other 2 units are owned by old folks - this is in a very good neighbourhood too. So when it came time for us to start with our househunting, the first thing the HTB's mother did was to go to the 2 neighbours (non related) and ask them if they had any plans to sell their units anytime soon. hahahhhaha

The HTB and his brother still fantasize about buying over those 2 remaining units and then the entire floor will be theirs! haahahhahahhaa

Thanks soonliew and zihui... yes i think it will be really nice living just next to your own family members. Keeping fingers crossed for a smooth journey too..as schedule will be a bit packed. Target to complete reno and move in by 12 Nov which is abt 5 weeks from now.

We are taking dinner at my bro's hse mon to fri. Will also check out the progress of reno and update here according :)

Really sorry to the neighbours.... hacking started one hour earlier just now. Photos updated from id.

mm342d.jpg

20zqom0.jpg

307vnkw.jpg

Protection lay on the floor. This wall has to go. Previous owner hacked it to make the living room bigger. Need to reconstruct back to the original layout.

vdlnox.jpg

How much is the mover, I am looking for 1 also

Soonliew, quote is base on $280 per trip, per 15 ft truck load base on lift level. You might also consider hup hing. They are slight cheaper at $250 with 15ft truck and they also offer 10ft truck at $180 if your load is small. I decided to go with yongshen as they are nearer to my place :)

Some of the 3d drawings. After many months browsing the forum and 'stealing' ideas, I find it hard to pick a theme for this home. There will be a bit oriental, a bit industrial, a bit vintage, a bit etc etc..therefore I think it will become 'Rojak' theme :o

6xt1qs.jpg

2j3pv2g.jpg

rc7peu.jpg

2z4byoj.jpg