Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AAAP

Stay Away From Whites D'zigno

Stay away from Whites D'Zigno and its sales manager Lawrence Seetoh.

I had engaged them for my home renovation works. To begin with their price was 30% more expensive than other ID firms we shortlisted. When the work actually started, kept missing deadlines for one reason or another. Poor workmanship. Simple jobs like painting also have not been done properly. Had to repaint my living room walls three times and still has streaks on it (admitted by Lawrence). Last, but not the least they are cheats when it comes to payment. Not refunding excess payment of $3k made to them claiming loss of profit (whatever that means??).

Please stay away.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

We happened to meet two other victims of Whites D'Zigno on the day that we had to go to small claim court for our renovation issues counselling. They were been counterclaimed by Whites D'Zigno (Lawrence Seetoh) when it was the company's fault in the first place. They are still in the process of SCC procedures.

Do hope that you would be able to seek redness on your issue. Do not let them go scot-free with our hard-earned money.

• Like 1

I am a victim of Whites Premium Pte Ltd which I believe is run by the same people from Whites D'zigno.

The key people are

1) the infamous LAWRENCE SEETOH and

2) PRESTON NGE.

I went to Small Claims Tribunals to claim against the company for gross delays, suspected cheating, serious work quality issues, among other things.

I won the case and the Courts ordered the company to compensate me in July 2014. No prize for guessing this right, the company has so far ignored the courts order to pay.

So, I have lodged the 'Examination of Judgment Debtor' (EJD) proceeding against the company.

As far as I know, Lawrence and Preston are also busy fighting fire on another case at the Courts.

You decide whether to deal with LAWRENCE SEETOH and PRESTON NGE .

They may operate under other company names, you know the game.

HI guys

Sadly, I am also a victim of Lawrence seetoh and preston from whites d zigno and we have intended to go to small claim and show them evidence of him telling us many things but did not promise. He also did not pay his contractor and after i given him cash as he was saying he need to pay them before he can begin work. But after paying, it takes the 3 months to install. All his warranties for my house were not given to me as he did not pay his contractor.

My relationship with my wife was also made bad after he manipulated his timing and appointment with us. Moreover we had suffered more than 6 months in a small room while waiting for him to complete our new house. We have to shift in all our new furnitures while he is still renovating.. During teh process, our furnitures are either filled with dust or scratched and damaged.

His promise to get contractor to clean my house after the renovation was only one guy to clean my 4 storey house and all within 6 hours . The best part is that the guy was fasting.. That is his cleaning professionalism. In the end we have to clean the whole house which took us a week before we can stay in.

I had recorded all my meetings with him and will be seeing my lawyers and seeking assistance. All his promises to complete my house within 3 months have dragged to almost a year and still not complete. All his contractors refused to come back to my house to complete the defect too. My MP had backed me up to report him and i will not stop.

I have given him enough warnings and I will see that justice will prevail. Singapore have no place for people like him to take away our money and just pretend nothing happen.

We should all unite and come together and report him and I have enough proof to get him to realise the torment on my family and other families

As for all new owners, be very careful when you look for interior designer.

Sad to hear that, but i myself also engaged to a ID which keeps on delaying my works and it is going to be 3 months now. I will start a new topics on this ID firm so others will not fall into it, once my reno is complete. Hopefully this month...

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.. After reading so many horror experiences from other owners, makes me a little paranoid. But I think its better to be careful than to end up ownself have to be at risk. Right now I am in the mid of doing my reno, carpentry done this wednesday and my ID already asking for payment saying need to pay the carpenter, and mention that if don't pay later carpenter stop work etc..

But I insisted that all carpentry have to be nicely installed without serious defects before I will think about paying up. And even if pay up, I will only pay the carpentry works. As there are still quite a number of leftover works to be done, which the last payment 5% cannot cover.

So I just told my ID, the left over payment I will have to pay accordingly to job done. Never do yet = won't pay first. I guess this is the only way we as home owners who engage Interior Designer company for our renovation can do to protect ourselves. If pay them first, they will start to have the bo chup attitude. Haven't pay yet then got motivation to finish up the work.

We shall see how it goes..

Edited by Nana Chan

Sorry to hear about that.. is really true sometime you have to feel right with the ID before you can sign or commit with them . Hope my house will go smoothly for the one that I sign up with recently.

Hope all turn wells!