Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
belle

Can Local Contractors Make Bathroom Vanity Cabinets Like Ikea Godmorgon?

godmorgon-odensvik-wash-stand-with--draw

Has anyone done bathroom vanity cabinets like the Ikea Godmorgon? I would like a ceramic basin directly on top of the wall hung vanity with drawers (and Blum drawer hardware) without a separate countertop. Is it possible to replicate this look locally?

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/categories/series/15287/16673/

Edited by belle

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

kstoh

Would you mind share the price of this vanity top with cabinet with me? I am thinking of building one as well and unaware that this could be build by reno contractor.

Thanks

Hi

Best to contact my contractor directly. Price may be different due to dimensions & volume (he did all the carpentry including kitchen & wardrobes).

Also need to stress that I have no idea what the Ikea design is, and do not know if my design is the same. It's just that externally, they look similar.

Plus, the carpentry does not include the counter top (silestone from Builders Shop) and basin (from Toto).

Many thanks, everyone! I didn't receive any renotalk email updates so I didn't realise I received replies!

kstoh, your wallhung vanity looks good but the basin top is recessed with a silestone counter.

I already have a wall hung sink installed. I was wondering if it is possible to just add the cabinet underneath. I was trying previously to do the minimalist wall hung sink with exposed plumbing fittings underneath. Problem is - local plumbers don't seem to understand this concept. The undersink plumbing fittings look unappealing compared to overseas. I overlooked this because in all the design pictures, you don't see the plumbing fittings under the sink!! :) Not sure why but you would typically only see the bottle trap.

To do the exposed look properly, the water supply pipes should have a flange or escutcheon covering the joint between pipe and wall and the shutoff valve should be nicer chrome finished ones. Alas, I didn't know all these then. So now, I am thinking of giving up and just covering with a vanity cabinet installed right underneath the existing square sink.

Lapidus - your premade white vanity looks interesting. Where did you buy it? I had considered these before but gave up as I don't think local plumbers or contractors can handle them.