Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cynthiazen

A Frest Affair

Hi cynthiazen, very French look on ur house! Nice!

Mind sharing ur quote?
U can email me at nauzijah@yahoo.com.sg or PM me.
Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Cynthia, you've totally transformed your dresser into an ornate European style dresser! :) just curious, how much time did you spend priming and painting the dresser? Want to see if I can pull off something like this for a small piece of furniture....

Hi Cynthia, you've totally transformed your dresser into an ornate European style dresser! :) just curious, how much time did you spend priming and painting the dresser? Want to see if I can pull off something like this for a small piece of furniture....

Thanks!

2 coats of primer, allowing to dry between coats. After an hr or so, we started painting and let it dry overnight. The second day we started on our 2nd coat of paint. The whole process wasn't difficult but have to be really patient and thin coats throughout.

Hope it helps! :)

Hi Cynthia!

Its a very simple yet nice design you have here.

Do you mind sharing the ID contacts and the quotation?

thanks in advance! :)

Hi Cynthia,

Do you mind to share where you bought all your lighting and the fake window frame link ?

I also need your ID contact and quotation.

Thanks !

Hi Cynthia,

Would like to have your ID contact and quote too, hope you can pm me. Thanks!

Hi Cynthia!

Its a very simple yet nice design you have here.

Do you mind sharing the ID contacts and the quotation?

thanks in advance! :)

Hi Cynthia,

Do you mind to share where you bought all your lighting and the fake window frame link ?

I also need your ID contact and quotation.

Thanks !

All sent! =) Fake window link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=20406636483

Been sooooo bz! I'm trying to DIY some small curtain for the toilets windows. Our MBR's toilet window is facing my neighbors living room. Wanna do something like this:

Toilet+Curtain+DIY.JPG

It seems so easy from the instructions of Pinterest with using a sewing machine BUT i don't know how to use a sewing machine :dunno: ! My MIL used to be a seamstress, she can easily sew it within minutes i guess, but i don't wanna trouble her :unsure: . I have no choice but to hand sew. I'm still doing the sewing as the fabric was pretty thick and i took such a long time. Will post up pics once it's done!

If it works, i wanna do something like this for the living room.

Roll+Up+Curtain+DIY.JPG

I think for living room, it will take months to complete. LOL. For roll up curtains, u need long enough fabric to be able to roll ;)

Edited by cynthiazen

Some of the furnitures that we bought:

Mattress from Maxcoil at Posturecare:

20131113_075516.jpg

Got it when it was on some sales @ $760 0r $780 (can't rem as we bargain and bargain, hehe), U.P. @ $1,299 or something. Managed to get 4 free pillows + 2 mattress protector!

Sofa from Notion Design:

DSC04036.JPG

Initially wanted to get chesterfield type of sofa, but it was so expensive in SG. Came across some facebook page, this 3 seater sofa is about $700++ at a strictly no-bargain place. lol

Carpet from Taobao. Living room looked kinda empty with no coffee or side table. Still sourcing for a suitable one and since it was no urgent, we took our time.

• Like 1

Received many PMs about the sofa. Forgotten to share with you guys that the backrest, seat and the side cushion covers can all be removed to wash! They have swatches of fabrics for you to choose too. Notion design do customised headboards as well and you can always add on the ottoman for the sofa if you like =)

Hope it helps! :D

WIW =)))

2013-12-28-17-51-45_deco.jpg

Edmund has very limited options of the door handles for us to choose from as this door cannot have mechanism-kind of handles/lock. He actually suggested me to source from taobao, but I'm too lazy to search and i couldn't wait for the completion of this door! The wall color on the outside is also Granite from ICI =)))

2013-12-28-17-55-46_deco.jpg

Expedit shelving unit from Ikea which i mentioned in my earlier post that i will be using it as an island. Wall color in this room is Latte from ICI, carpet from taobao which i think is overly pink! It looks alright from the picture, but in real life, it is really pinkkkkkk.. :wacko:

2014-01-11-11-34-24_deco.jpg

• Like 1