Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cynthiazen

A Frest Affair

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If you guys has been browsing on Ikea Hacks or Pinterest, those people are amazing! They could transform many ikea furnitures to many purposes!

I have this old (really old) Kullen 5 chest drawer from ikea which was in brown-black color which i totally wanna change the color.

Capture.JPG

Went to that paint shop in Geylang again, and that lady was like telling us no paint/primer can adhere to furniture in laminates finish unless we would consider to sand it down. She actually suggested us to get wallpaper sticker to paste over it instead. To sand it down, is too much work :rolleyes: ! Well, not giving up, back to my research on pinterest, majority uses this primer brand called "Zinsser". I googled and found there is a distributor in Singapore!

Primer.JPG

We painted about 2 coats of the primer & 2 coats of the oil based white paint with a paint brush as rollers won't work.

Stick some accessories that i bought from Taobao.

And viola!

2013-12-18-22-42-11_deco.jpg

2013-12-24-18-06-23_photo.jpg

I like it :wub: ! Except for the 3rd row if you notice is done up by hubby which obviously shows that i have more patience :bleah: . Hehe! Initially we used a kind of glue from Daiso which is useless, and it drop 1 piece in every other day. Went to spotlight again, and bought polyurethane glue which states "super strong". Actually, the right way is to stick and clamp it for few hours. We didn't have a clamp to work with, so i used pegs & scotch tape (LOL). Kinda worried that the scotch tape would cause the paint to peel, but luckily it didn't! =))) :thumbs up:

Hi! You have done a great job in revamping the cabinet! Can you share with me where to get the Zinsser primer in Singapore? Thanks! :)

Hi there...

I love ur WIW...! Those doors, OMG...!!

Anyway, can you please email me ur ID contacts & reno quotation to enadee_85@hotmail.com...?

TIA...! 😉

*clap clap clap* !!!

I am also intending to opt for french (Black/white) for my upcoming place. :wub:

My budget is also small hence have a feeling I will do the basics and probably furnish from there.

Could you share Edmund's quote and his details via PM ? :yamseng:

Hi! You have done a great job in revamping the cabinet! Can you share with me where to get the Zinsser primer in Singapore? Thanks! :)

Hi there! Add as follows:-

189 East Coast Road

Singapore 428895

t: 63461695

The people there are not friendly though :(

Hi hi, thanks for sharing!

Can u pm me your quote? Thanks!

Hi Cyn

Can email me a copy of your quotation for reference? My email is joyllee@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks! :)

Hi there...

I love ur WIW...! Those doors, OMG...!!

Anyway, can you please email me ur ID contacts & reno quotation to enadee_85@hotmail.com...?

TIA...!

hi, lovely house you have and all the loots u got from taobao is :good: . mind to share your reno contacts and quote?

Thanks!

Hi Cynthiazen,

very nice house!

can you share with me your quote and ID as well?

thanks! =)

Hi Cynthiazen, care to share your ID contact?

Really admire your talent in DIY! you are so creative, so unlike me.

*clap clap clap* !!!

I am also intending to opt for french (Black/white) for my upcoming place. :wub:

My budget is also small hence have a feeling I will do the basics and probably furnish from there.

Could you share Edmund's quote and his details via PM ? :yamseng:

All sent! =)

Hi cynthiazen, so envious of all your nice DIYs! it will be ideal to have an ID flexible to your need and design! can you send me your ID detail & quotation? thank you! happy renovating!