Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi everyone

We just had our second discussion with James Tng from #ImageCreativeDesign. All looking very promising!

We covered the following:

1. Quotation
  2. Clarified the kind of workmanship we prefer and the type of workmanship (including finishing, edges etc.. very detailed!) he will use
  3. The type of materials that they will use which are covered in our quotation
  4. More priorities

He gave a tour of the showroom this time, covering the materials, mechanics of wardrobes/cupboards, comparing 45 degrees cut vs 90 degrees cut etc. He made tons of comparisons, showed us the differences between the materials/finishings/workmanship and shared the complains/feedbacks from his previous clients. To be honest, I can't tell the difference of most of the very tiny details that he pointed out, but he made an effort to convey such things to us, explaining them clearly and patiently. We discussed for nearly 4 hours! Our quotation initially was $20k and after further discussion, we added a few more things, it came up to be $25k. Still within budget! :yeah:

We are still gonna meet up with about 2 more IDs, but I think we are almost 90% confirmed that it's him!

oic ..... not sure if you are aware of this thread--> this refers to who http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/19933-image/#entry543710 ne?

No we had no idea! Okay the 2010 reviews were bad but the 2011 reviews look good. We decided that we will establish clear and concise communication with him from the beginning. We are still pretty impressed and we have confidence in him. We will let you all know how it goes if we really engage him. Thanks for showing this to me. :)

Now we have gather all handy system in our showroom, you may come by 629 Balestier Road to view the latest trends of kitchen design, Thousands of laminate colour selection, scratch resistant work top with price lower than market*, hands-on and try on all types of BLUM system to compare with other brand, free Quotation, free design consultation, and also free 3D* upon confirmation,

What are you waiting for to meet ID but offer contractor price? (only for month of Nov 2013*)

*the offer period is for Nov 2013 only

RoadShowpic4-4413_zps92e88a9e.jpg

Above image is from Renovation Road Show at TPY Hub on 24-26 OCT 2103

haha thanks .. the thing is i no idea if the bad review refers to james tan or tng

No we had no idea! Okay the 2010 reviews were bad but the 2011 reviews look good. We decided that we will establish clear and concise communication with him from the beginning. We are still pretty impressed and we have confidence in him. We will let you all know how it goes if we really engage him. Thanks for showing this to me. :)

I have pm-ed you guys! :)

Update: The lady who was supposed to meet us from #IDEmboss has left the company and did not assign us to anyone else. We have decided not to follow up with them.

The Mr K from #H2O design is a little unresponsive on msgs sometimes. We are still keen to meet him.

We initially liked rezt and relax. We spoke to them at expo before but the design style is a little too "dark" for our liking. Pricey too.

Anyways, we followed up with #ImageCreativeDesign a few days ago. Our favourite so far. We spoke to James and he is really professional. He knows his designs well, perspective drawing was excellent, and was able to give us very practical solutions/ideas. E.g. for shoe cabinets, he asked us how many shoes we each have, and proposed a built-in shoe cabinet at the entrance, with exact measurements etc. He also predicted for us how much space or comfort we would have in the shower if we put a glass divider in the toilet. Basically, he tried to understand what our lifestyle is and attempts to design our house to it, and not compromising the design. He also brought to our attention many other details which we have never think of, or even heard of from other IDs. Best part is, he estimated that renovating master bedroom, kitchen, 2 toilets and living room can be done within $30k, which is our budget. This includes top and bottom kitchen cabinets, shoe cabinet, built in wardrobe in the master bedroom. #IDEmboss quoted us $40k and said it is very difficult to make it at $30k. We like that he establishes our objectives right from the beginning, before we enter detailed discussions. I think this is important to both the ID firm and the client.

So far, he is our favourite!

Hi, can you pls PM me James TNG 's contact? Thk u vy much.. =)

Edited by renoshy