Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We initially liked rezt and relax. We spoke to them at expo before but the design style is a little too "dark" for our liking. Pricey too.

Anyways, we followed up with #ImageCreativeDesign a few days ago. Our favourite so far. We spoke to James and he is really professional. He knows his designs well, perspective drawing was excellent, and was able to give us very practical solutions/ideas. E.g. for shoe cabinets, he asked us how many shoes we each have, and proposed a built-in shoe cabinet at the entrance, with exact measurements etc. He also predicted for us how much space or comfort we would have in the shower if we put a glass divider in the toilet. Basically, he tried to understand what our lifestyle is and attempts to design our house to it, and not compromising the design. He also brought to our attention many other details which we have never think of, or even heard of from other IDs. Best part is, he estimated that renovating master bedroom, kitchen, 2 toilets and living room can be done within $30k, which is our budget. This includes top and bottom kitchen cabinets, shoe cabinet, built in wardrobe in the master bedroom. #IDEmboss quoted us $40k and said it is very difficult to make it at $30k. We like that he establishes our objectives right from the beginning, before we enter detailed discussions. I think this is important to both the ID firm and the client.

So far, he is our favourite!

Hi, can PM me James Tng contact details. Thanks.

We initially liked rezt and relax. We spoke to them at expo before but the design style is a little too "dark" for our liking. Pricey too.

Anyways, we followed up with #ImageCreativeDesign a few days ago. Our favourite so far. We spoke to James and he is really professional. He knows his designs well, perspective drawing was excellent, and was able to give us very practical solutions/ideas. E.g. for shoe cabinets, he asked us how many shoes we each have, and proposed a built-in shoe cabinet at the entrance, with exact measurements etc. He also predicted for us how much space or comfort we would have in the shower if we put a glass divider in the toilet. Basically, he tried to understand what our lifestyle is and attempts to design our house to it, and not compromising the design. He also brought to our attention many other details which we have never think of, or even heard of from other IDs. Best part is, he estimated that renovating master bedroom, kitchen, 2 toilets and living room can be done within $30k, which is our budget. This includes top and bottom kitchen cabinets, shoe cabinet, built in wardrobe in the master bedroom. #IDEmboss quoted us $40k and said it is very difficult to make it at $30k. We like that he establishes our objectives right from the beginning, before we enter detailed discussions. I think this is important to both the ID firm and the client.

Hi leonjennawong, kindly pm me James Tng contact please. Thank You in advance.

Hi leonjennawong,

Can you PM me James contact too.... Really appreciate it.. Thank you!

Since the last update, we met up with #imagecreativedesign the 3rd time:

We have viewed a couple of 3D designs and drawings. I have to say, the kitchen was EXACTLY what I wanted. I absolutely loved it. We couldn't really decide on how we want the living room, bedroom and toilets to be, so that still requires some discussion. After further discussion, the quote turned out to be almost $29k. Of course they managed to give some discount. We really wanted to go ahead and sign the contract, but since it was a huge amount to spend, and we haven't discussed till this stage with any other ID, we asked him to wait. He was very patient and understanding, no hard selling. :good:

We managed to meet up with the LEGENDARY #MrK. But this guy is from #H2Odesign. I think there is another one from #IdealHouse? Anyways, he is more like a contractor uncle. He obviously knows his stuff and has surprisingly creative ideas too. Our friend compared James's and MrK's quote before and MrK's is cheaper. We have shared our ideas with him and still eagerly waiting for his quote!

We went to #Absolook's open house and spoke to Michelle. Nice lady to talk to! We went ahead to discuss our reno and design plans.. quote also turned out to be roughly $29k. But we discussed it at the open house in a rush so there were many things to change in the quote. We haven't seen the final quote yet.

Comparing these 3, we find ourselves ranking #MrK first. Mainly because of his many other good reviews and generally cheaper quote. He did mention that some have feed backed that his quote is more ex. #Imagecreativedesign is a little pricey even though we love his service and attitude. We find ourselves trying to remove or reduce things here and there so that it is still within the budget. #Absolook's Michelle is a little inexperienced because she is quite young.

• Like 1