Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hi I getting my house key soon. can I have the R & R ID contact thanks.

By the way, can anyone share with me should I go to contractor or ID. This is my 1st reno.

I wish to have some suggestion and advice before I make final decicion.

Thank you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,
Can anyone one advise me on the following ceiling work and pricing. My ID is asking additional price for the cove lighting. I do not know all these are compulsory. but just for ceiling work he is asking additional 3K plus.

1. Fabricate & install designer false ceiling ****. 450.00$
2. Fabricate & install designer cove light holder ****. 1,500.00$
3. Fabricate & install designer false ceiling at kitchen. 560.00$
4. Fabricate & install box up at dinning & foyer carpentery area. 300.00$
5. Fabricate & install box up at kitchen sewage area. 150.00$
6. Fabricate & install dry wall at wardrobe area at master. 150.00$
7. Fabricate & install dry wall at bed area at master. 150.00$
8. Fabricate & install 02 dry wall at dinning area. 300.00$
9. Fabricate & install curtain pelmet at balcony & master area. 300.00$

10. Design & fabricate queen size bed frame in solid-ply high grade laminates. 1,200.00$
c/w 4 drawers
11. Design & fabricate L9ft x 8.5ft feature wall in solid-ply high grade laminates. 1,900.00$
c/w tinted mirror.(10in x 9ft)
12. Design & fabricate 2set bed side table in solid-ply high grade laminates. 500.00$

13. To supply & install 2in x8in burmes teak parquet flooring at master bedroom 195sf ---1,463.00$
14. Cement screeding for living, dinning, foyer & master bedroom floor.--729sf----1,094.00$

• Like 1

My last reno is 4 room hdb do all the designer ceiling work for all bedrooms and living dining for only about 3k. The 3k ald included cove lights. In renovation u can't compare through the quotation. Because the design and the materials from different ID company might not be the same.
We r not professional, so we duno how to differentiate wat is the high grade and low grade for all that.
I experienced before on my last renovation.The ID was selling me hack everything for 1 kitchen 2 toilet a for only 18k.Then after I signed the contract, then he wan me to top up addition money.There r a lot of hidden cost the end of the day the renovation cost me 35k.And I feel frustrated v this kind of thing.

Hi all,
Can anyone one advise me on the following ceiling work and pricing. My ID is asking additional price for the cove lighting. I do not know all these are compulsory. but just for ceiling work he is asking additional 3K plus.

1. Fabricate & install designer false ceiling ****. 450.00$
2. Fabricate & install designer cove light holder ****. 1,500.00$
3. Fabricate & install designer false ceiling at kitchen. 560.00$
4. Fabricate & install box up at dinning & foyer carpentery area. 300.00$
5. Fabricate & install box up at kitchen sewage area. 150.00$
6. Fabricate & install dry wall at wardrobe area at master. 150.00$
7. Fabricate & install dry wall at bed area at master. 150.00$
8. Fabricate & install 02 dry wall at dinning area. 300.00$
9. Fabricate & install curtain pelmet at balcony & master area. 300.00$

10. Design & fabricate queen size bed frame in solid-ply high grade laminates. 1,200.00$
c/w 4 drawers
11. Design & fabricate L9ft x 8.5ft feature wall in solid-ply high grade laminates. 1,900.00$
c/w tinted mirror.(10in x 9ft)
12. Design & fabricate 2set bed side table in solid-ply high grade laminates. 500.00$

13. To supply & install 2in x8in burmes teak parquet flooring at master bedroom 195sf ---1,463.00$
14. Cement screeding for living, dinning, foyer & master bedroom floor.--729sf----1,094.00$

Edited by wws0301

• Like 2

I quite agree with you. So any suggestions either go to ID or contractor. My 1 is new condo 4 rooms and this is my very first time to do renovation. And I heard a lot about house owner nightmare on renovation.

Maybe you wanna try my contractor. He will give exact quote after free onsite measurement no extra hidden cost and workmanship is good. My house and gf house all done by him.

• Like 1

So how should I do comparison? I hd been went through a lot of ID company. Most of them offer me package and the price r attractive.

ID or contractor? Any advice?

My advice is better go to ID company. Unless you hv time to coordinate your house when the reno start then you can go to contractor and the price is cheaper than ID. Or maybe you can consider contractor if just minimise work.
Most of the ID company provide 1 stop service which r design your house and coordinate your house. Save a lot of time. But for the contractor they duno provide that kind of services.
It's depends on what you wan. You wan hazel free or you wan something budget?

I quite agree with you. So any suggestions either go to ID or contractor. My 1 is new condo 4 rooms and this is my very first time to do renovation. And I heard a lot about house owner nightmare on renovation.

• Like 1

Actually I agree every house owner to compare before sign the contract but you can't compare through contract. Because there r a lot of hidden cost.
And I never go with package even though the prices r attractive. Because I experienced before. They never educate me well before I sign the contract.
When the project start. Then the ID wan to me top up for everything. Example I need to top up for soft closing hinges and the compartment for all the cabinets and wardrobe. And the additional items they cost me 40% higher than the contract. And i cant even cancel the contract because of the 20% compensation of the contract. So don't gt yourself bound on the contract.

So how should I do comparison? I hd been went through a lot of ID company. Most of them offer me package and the price r attractive.
ID or contractor? Any advice?

• Like 2

My advice is go to ID. My last experienced from contract really make me frustrated.

And I will find ID for this time for my new house.

You should compare apple to apple which means you have to know wat materials and design they giving to you.
Maybe when you meet with the ID then you can request the sample material from them.

So wat should I compare? Actually I more concern about the workmanship.

I still abit unclear on how to compare.