Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

didn't expect online interior design enquiry could lead me to so much phone call.

Still not decide any yet.

What should i look out for when choosing ID?

think can look at their portfolios, price and recommendations from forumer.. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We initially liked rezt and relax. We spoke to them at expo before but the design style is a little too "dark" for our liking. Pricey too.

Anyways, we followed up with #ImageCreativeDesign a few days ago. Our favourite so far. We spoke to James and he is really professional. He knows his designs well, perspective drawing was excellent, and was able to give us very practical solutions/ideas. E.g. for shoe cabinets, he asked us how many shoes we each have, and proposed a built-in shoe cabinet at the entrance, with exact measurements etc. He also predicted for us how much space or comfort we would have in the shower if we put a glass divider in the toilet. Basically, he tried to understand what our lifestyle is and attempts to design our house to it, and not compromising the design. He also brought to our attention many other details which we have never think of, or even heard of from other IDs. Best part is, he estimated that renovating master bedroom, kitchen, 2 toilets and living room can be done within $30k, which is our budget. This includes top and bottom kitchen cabinets, shoe cabinet, built in wardrobe in the master bedroom. #IDEmboss quoted us $40k and said it is very difficult to make it at $30k. We like that he establishes our objectives right from the beginning, before we enter detailed discussions. I think this is important to both the ID firm and the client.

So far, he is our favourite!

Hi,

Could you PM me your ID / contractor's contact?

hi guys, i used james tng frm ***** as well. nothing but praises for his works. me n my wife are quite busy with our work so we only check out 2 ids referred by our close friends. one of them is james, the other is a designer w*****m who left summit de**** to set up his own company. we talked to both of them, told them what we want. although w*****m quoted us a lower quote, he used compressed wood rather than plywood in his carpentries. i guess when deciding renovation, it is a quality vs cost, workmanship vs cost and how closely the id follow up on his contractor's work. w******m disappeared after i questioned him on the quality of wood he used. we took up with james. before signing with james, i warned him tt we are very particular on details and workmanship and he should nt take up our job if he do not have the confidence. this man confidentally assured me he will do a gd job n nw i understand y my friend recommend me. throughout the renovation, i believe one should be realistic should nt expect things to be smoothly done for the first time. can ask ard those who done renovation b4, all will tell u this is nt possible. we like james n eva for their self initatives. for example, they saw that the walls painted have particles and paint staining my parquet flooring, they actually ask their painters to come dwn again to redo n rectify before we even notice it. we din even know tt my kitchen table top should be built to caucasian height cos me n my wife are tall till they tell us. these are some of the many advices n initiatives tt they have provided in their services to us which we really appreciated. we wanted 3 focus attractions in our hse with the wow factors, a walk in wardrobe, kitchen with black and metallic finishing and a nice feature wall with practical storage cupboard. james was able to execute them surpassing our expectations and winning the praises frm our hse warming guests. we spent ard $38k in all but felt that it is all worthwhile after compliments from our visitors. for all newbies, just wanna advise the followings: get a gd id who is responsible, will be good if u can see his actual work in person. understand the reality of cost vs quality. cheap is usually suspicious, unless u r really lucky. learn to give n take in ur relationship in id, a gd id will be frank in wat he can offer n do, do things in ur interest but he too need to earn a living too. dun make ridiculos request which u urself know is nt possible. hope my post is useful for newbies out there. feel free to post questions if you have any! happy reno experience for all ! :)

May I Have James contact pls?

Hi all, sorry we have been really busy lately. Their contacts are as follows: James Tng: 9875 9809

Mr K: 9022 2321

Hi Leonjennawong,

Is Mr K, chinese speaking only? How do you communicate with him?

Rdgs

This is a testimonial to the ID, William Wong of Summit Design Studio. We highly appreciate of what he has done for the renovation of our resale house recently, from the pre-qualification, design, negotiation, renovation work until the delivery of the house.

We interviewed 5 Interior Design Studios and Summit Design Studio was our final selection. Here are the reasons "why":

1. Attention to details - all items were well categorised and itemised, with transparency and honesty. We were thoroughly impressed with the detailed quotes, professionally drawn Reno Plan and excellent execution of Project Management Implementation Plan.

2. Patience - William came to our house a few times, even before the handover from the last owner. We made several visits to talk over the materials and the differences. The design plan was requested to be revised. He demonstrated great patience and professionalism in listening, understanding and meeting to our needs.

3. Quality contractors - William ensure that high quality contractors were engaged and they delivered their work seamlessly and on time. For any corrections, he has the "power" to activate and align with the contractors for immediate remedies. In other words, he has the high credibility and good relationship amongst his team of contractors.

4. Hands-on - William is a very hands-on person and he demonstrated great experience in the industry. Should there be any doubt or discrepancy, he will personally review the case and get the things fixed quickly. Well we do not expect knows everything, he seems to be very knowledgeable to a lot of building materials and be open-minded to explore any new one. For example, we introduced one new table top material from Italy. He did not push away (like some other IDs) and yet explore more with the local distributor and his other colleagues.

5. Responsive - one of the greatest concerns of many house owners is the response time of the ID. As some of us may be rushing with time to move in, or be away a lot for biz trips, we would expect a fast response from the ID. William was very quick in responding to any text messages, emails or phone calls. He always managed our expectations well.

Overall, we have an extraordinary experience in deploying Summit and William's professional service. Rest assured we have no hesitation in highly recommending William as your ID!!! Feel free to let us know if you need any info.

The design from Image** ***** is nice but workmanship is bad. their suppliers are not up to expectation. Windows cannot close properly, bad plastering and painting job, my wall cracks, carpentry is no good, need so many verification works after handover. Could have chosen another ID.

Edited by JJCool

Hi all, after meeting with many IDs and Contractors, my hubby and I decided on In Interior Design Pte Ltd(https://ininterior.com.sg/). They are very efficient and reliable. Their quote was very reasonable when compared to the rest of the quotes I received for the same reno job. I needed my flat to be completed within 4 weeks and my ID, AamesTieh did an excellent job and managed to han Even after the handover, Aames was always contactable and helpful to fix any issues encountered. Eg. Touch up Painting at certain areas, replacing mirror in my wardrobe. I highly recommend In Interior Design Pte Ltd(https://ininterior.com.sg/).

Their after sales is great! Aames always accommodates to what we want and never says no.

Great Job Aames!

On 4/10/2014 at 9:31 PM, Williamhoi1 said:

Ok. So Others recommended of ID?

For us, we recommend this interior design firm called Leinteri. Do look for Andy or Si Si. First of all, they are not pushy type (which i really hate). In fact, they are quite friendly and follow though. When my wife and I are at work, they even help to coordinate the furniture delivery to our house. Price is reasonable too for ID. I personally think that most important you should feel comfortable with the ID and look through all the reviews. But of course, you just want basic renovation like drilling, painting, you should just get a handyman. :)