Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
snowblind

A Long Wait For The West

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Quite an happening week. Went to my house to check on the tiling progress. The tilers are almost done. Some sneak preview.

Hall Tiles

10941664755_14beac297c_c.jpg
Hall Tiles Close up
10941808994_fac4733e8a_c.jpg

Hall Tiles with the possible paint colour

10941918943_92223cc5f0_c.jpg
Room Tiles.....abit dirty now. But the design itself is abit rusty look.
10941705356_642fe284b5_c.jpg

Received my 1st Taobao shipment lights, tap, vanity tops and etc. Due to the recent theft case in my home, I arranged all the items to be sent to my current place and have stacked it into my father's bar counter. Made 3 mistakes.....wrong bathroom tap design, kitchen tap too tall at 70cm and 20 pieces of 3W daylight LED downlight (anyone want to buy).

All hidden away in a corner for now.

10962089623_c9b344b318_c.jpg
Wrong Tap design (Anyone want to buy)
10962032774_565fff2afa_c.jpg
Too tall for my cabinet (Anyone want to buy)
10941923403_eb7360f36a_c.jpg
Bathroom Corner rack
10941724406_178cc2cc95_c.jpg
Toilet faucet
10941722636_95d843cc7c_c.jpg

Got limit of pic posting????

Thanks. Did not take pic of the other items. Unboxing these stuff almosted killed me. Plus I had to make s little noise as possible as it was getting late. Got another shipment coming in soon again with some mistakes. Stay tuned for more bargains.

Purchased from both before.. it's ok to get from either. If you are more fussy about what you get in the BR, then you need to read up on what is the difference between the US and UK release.

Amazon started their sales... So has anyone started the shopping?

Been busy with my reno stuff. I bought harry potter series, dark knight series, twilight series, xmen series and a musical on tuesday as I would be busy with work and stuff. Now regret abit cause will have to miss out on pacific rim for us 8 bucks. Already spent close to 200 for the blu rays.

Update on the flat after a busy week or 2.

1. Aircon is up. Single split 12k btu in my masterroom which is joined with the commonroom. Don't feel the need for aircon in the other rooms as there will be almost zero usage for at least 4 to 5. Cost ard $1100 for panasonic sys 1 12k btu with upgraded insulation/piping and free 5 yr warranty from gain city. The installation went alright....not smooth due to some stupid layout design on the flat in my opinion.

2. Tiling completed. All looks fine but can't really see the full effect till cleaning of the flat is completed. Glad that I went for the glossy black tiles rather than a semi gloss. The shiner surface looks nicer and doesn't make the house look dark.

3. All taobao items have arrived and installation in progress. Out of ard 60-70 items, only 1 light came broken. Which is too bad since I didn't like it in the first place. Also notice I ordered 3 85cm red settees instead 1. Not sure how that happened.

4. Painting completed. Need some touchup but will hold it till most of the items are in. Made one mistake choosing a grey which ended up too light and had to top up to get another grey painted in its place.

Some pics to share.

A preview of the colours in the home. Except the white which will have wallpaper on it soon.

11131255366_9b236d263f_c.jpg
Improvised light yesterday night while I was sorting thru the many many taobao items.
11131291054_ce41557476_c.jpg
Something which I tried yesterday night and looked quite nice. Now thinking if I should do something like this.
11131402363_ecccef5562_c.jpg
Lastly, the quadcore samsung note 2 camera sucks. My old single core htc sensation XL camera was such a joy to use.
Edited by snowblind

Ard 2 weeks have past since I last posted. The 2 weeks was a rush to complete most of my reno so that it will be ready for move in. I will update soon with lots of pics and experience I gained. Stay tuned.