Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jinnous

Window Solar Film

Hi.. I know this topic has been discussed to death but can I know what u used for your house windows?

Our living room windows all face the afternoon sun and it bakes us whenever is afternoon. So we are looking for solar films to block out the heat and glare.

I contacted a few suppliers and these are the rough quotes:

1. Basic Deco- $780 for reflective

- 1.2k for ceramic IR film

2. Sun Shield- $1142 for ceramic

(ceramic per sqf $6.50)

(black out per sqf $4.00, we have 2 glass panels block by cabinets due to FS)

Less 15%

7 year warranty

3. Jestac 3M- $1983 (most ex!)

Living room area $1552

(Prestige series per sqf $16.00, discounted $12.00 per sqf)

3 bedrooms area $431.17

(Night vision series per sqf $6.00, discounted $4.80 per sqf)

15 year warranty

4. Sun-X- $1050.00

$5.00 per sqf for models 8H / 18H /28H (Not sure what these models are, haven not checked out)

Are the above quotes ok? Or am I being chopped? The total sqf of my windows is 213! I have 28 pcs of windows! :(

I haven't call Huper Optik, Llumar and V-kool. Incidentally, I was told that Marc from V-kool went over to Sun Shield... Anyone has contacts for these 3 companies? Which company did you use in the end?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Jinnous

I'm also interested in the 3M solar film - prestige series.

Could you advise me which sales person you contacted please? Thanks!

Edited by anemone

Hi Jinnous

I'm also interested in the 3M solar film - prestige series.

Could you advise me which sales person you contacted please? Thanks!

i noticed yr reply is exactly 1 year after the thread was started :bleah:

You'll be surprised. There were cases where nice and kind people exists who are willing to help, even on an "old" thread. We get the good and the bad, they come hand in hand. Never try, never learn. Good luck to your search.

i noticed yr reply is exactly 1 year after the thread was started :bleah:

hello, 3M prestige series is really high performance. When they say they block out 99% Infrared, they mean it as I have tested with my meter. Together with VKool and Huper, they are the market leader in terms of quality.

That said, we have equally good solar films (will bring the meter to show you the values) at a good price. We also give warranty. Please PM me for more details.

Do you provide labour to apply solar films? Can you quote labour per day without films?

Guys, I bought my own film, if good I shall share lobang here ;) priced at a small fraction of these quoted locally.

Do you provide labour to apply solar films? Can you quote labour per day without films?

Guys, I bought my own film, if good I shall share lobang here ;) priced at a small fraction of these quoted locally.

hello i freelance film installer if you need help on instaling film please give me a call 83991660

Hi.. I know this topic has been discussed to death but can I know what u used for your house windows?

Our living room windows all face the afternoon sun and it bakes us whenever is afternoon. So we are looking for solar films to block out the heat and glare.

I contacted a few suppliers and these are the rough quotes:

1. Basic Deco- $780 for reflective

- 1.2k for ceramic IR film

2. Sun Shield- $1142 for ceramic

(ceramic per sqf $6.50)

(black out per sqf $4.00, we have 2 glass panels block by cabinets due to FS)

Less 15%

7 year warranty

3. Jestac 3M- $1983 (most ex!)

Living room area $1552

(Prestige series per sqf $16.00, discounted $12.00 per sqf)

3 bedrooms area $431.17

(Night vision series per sqf $6.00, discounted $4.80 per sqf)

15 year warranty

4. Sun-X- $1050.00

$5.00 per sqf for models 8H / 18H /28H (Not sure what these models are, haven not checked out)

Are the above quotes ok? Or am I being chopped? The total sqf of my windows is 213! I have 28 pcs of windows! :(

I haven't call Huper Optik, Llumar and V-kool. Incidentally, I was told that Marc from V-kool went over to Sun Shield... Anyone has contacts for these 3 companies? Which company did you use in the end?

Window film is quite useful to myself and I get a quote from 3M and V Kool,the price is sky high, and another sales came in with same specification of film with lower price, of cos he did a comprehensive film testing before I signed with him. You may look for him to compare too,

Tristan 9771 3892

With singapore's hot weather and overall rising temperatures, window films are becoming more popular. It is cost effective to block out a great amount of heat and increase comfort levels.

Do look out for the different types of film - mainly ceramic film, metallic film or sputtered film.

Sputtered films are more effective in blocking heat as it reflects heat away, and do not have the mirror like effect which can be ugly and also is against BCA Laws.

Do let me know if anyone have other questions. :)