Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luiz78

Renovation Changes Without Notice To Owner!

The reno fixed up my opennet termination point. However it looks like a shabby work. Wires still hanging there.

Wonder how they install the point as the whole thing was missing when I check my storeroom.

20131029_183504_zpsaa147104.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Here is the picture of the drawer runner.

seem like the brand is APEX.

20131029_183922_zps310a112b.jpg

20131029_183900_zpsaa14256b.jpg

Looks like a full-extension ball-bearing slide for light-weight drawer to me, either too light for the drawer or just poor quality slide.

Edited by gettome

They used all the same runner for all drawers (BIG OR SMALL)

It simply stop halfway when you try to give it a push regardless small or big drawers.

Must have got them cheap, as full-extension slides are much more expensive than the standard roller runner and are only needed where drawer needs to be fully-extended (most furniture drawer opens out 3/4 of the way). So if they are not functioning well even for the light drawers, than there is definitely a quality issue.

In case you are thinking to get them to change the slides to the standard roller-runner, it may not be possible as the fixing distance/allowance are different.

20131031_191903_zps25f13f11.jpg

Reno ID rectify our cabinets door by changeing most of the hinges to DTC excel. Now 90% are slow closing now.

They only change 2 drawers in the kitchen to the above. Much better but need to push harder to fully close with soft closing effect.

Does all renovation company give their client a list of additional items provided on the day of handover of the project and demand payment?

I got a shock at the list as most are all verbally agreed to be given FOC during or after signing of the agreement but not stated in the contract.

No cost or detail of the cost was even mentioned or informed to us during the whole renovation and now it is all consolidated and given to us to ask for payment.

Is this a normal trick in this industry?