Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
greekrose

Pre-Reno Rituals

M starting my reno in another week, and would like to know if there is any rituals to follow through, like when i should roll the pineapple or other fruits, when and where to sprinkle the rice, bury old coins where, hammer knock where, what to burn etc. i am a free thinker, but just feel that it is better to follow what the old folks say. Better safe than sorry right?

TIA!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

M starting my reno in another week, and would like to know if there is any rituals to follow through, like when i should roll the pineapple or other fruits, when and where to sprinkle the rice, bury old coins where, hammer knock where, what to burn etc. i am a free thinker, but just feel that it is better to follow what the old folks say. Better safe than sorry right?

TIA!

Pick the correct date to do it.

Cheers !

yes pick d correct date 动土。 Basically it is to pray to the 土地公 that governs your house..buy those paper offerings(commonly found packed in shops), some fruits, 01 packet of Vegetarian Rice and tea. Pray during the 吉时 of that day from 7am till 5pm(after 5pm is YIN).

The Logic is to inform the 土地公 that u are the new owners now and is starting reno on which day/month and any disturbances to him just say SORRY! and by doing this simple ritual, the 土地公 will not be displeased and importantly, the presence of a 土地公 will guard your house against spirits!

When you wanna move in..Same Ritual and same offerings again..this time is to inform 土地公 that you are the NEW owners and is moving in date/month and thank him for his help..

Don't do stupid things like asking for 4d or toto..haha

yes pick d correct date 动土。 Basically it is to pray to the 土地公 that governs your house..buy those paper offerings, 5 INCENSE AND RED CANDLES (commonly found packed in shops), some fruits, 01 packet of Vegetarian Rice and tea. Pray during the 吉时 of that day from 7am till 5pm(after 5pm is YIN)..WRITE 土地公 or 福德正神 on red paper and then cover a jar/container with this cloth. All incenses and candles are to be put into this container only...

Light all incenses/candles and put all offerings in the middle of your living hall(with face facing inside of house..not towards the door!) and Call out 土地公/ 福德正神 3 times. Then tell him you are going to 动土on date/month/time and ask him to bless you and d house. After 5 mins, burn d paper offerings in front of the offerings/food. After 30 mins or longer..tell 土地公/ 福德正神 hopefully he finish his food/drinks and tell him u are going to clear the stuffs. Before clearing, touch d edges of the food/drinks and humbly clear all stuffs and put them under any trees near your home. JOB done!

The Logic is to inform the 土地公 that u are the new owners now and is starting reno on which day/month and any disturbances to him just say SORRY! and by doing this simple ritual, the 土地公 will not be displeased and importantly, the presence of a 土地公 will guard your house against spirits! AFTER ABOUT 5 MINS...THEN TAKE A HAMMER WITH ENDS COVERED IN RED CLOTH TO KNOCK THE 4 CORNERS OF YOUR LIVING HALL TO SIGNIFY 动土.

When you wanna move in..Same Ritual and same offerings again..this time is to inform 土地公 that you are the NEW owners and is moving in date/month and thank him for his help..ALWAYS be humble!

Don't do stupid things like asking for 4d or toto..BEAR THE CONSEQUENCES IF UNFORTUNATE THINGS HAPPEN! JUST FOLLOW THE ABOVE STEPS N YOU WILL BE FINE..haha

THE ABOVE STEPS ARE TAUGHT TO ME BY MY SHIFU..I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE AND EVEN HELP SOME CLOSE FRIENDS WITH IT..BUT PLEASE DO NOT ADD IN FUNNY THINGS OR SAY STUPID/FUNNY THINGS..ALWAYS BE HUMBLE!

• Like 1