Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
batusoon

Diary Of My "new" Small Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After a week of pouring water and no complain from my downstairs neighbour about water leaking. My contractor & her team managed to complete laying the tiles.

and my duty for this week mah....

to select the colour for walls & ceilings. :wacko: another tough job. Arts... something which I NOT very good at :~

Any1 has a good suggestion what will be the suitable colours for the ceiling as my flat suffers heat from the sun. (white is a gd reflector, but is it gd to radiant heat out from the flat?)

Edited by batusoon

After a week of pouring water and no complain from my downstairs neighbour about water leaking. My contractor & her team managed to complete laying the tiles.

and my duty for this week mah....

to select the colour for walls & ceilings. :wacko: another tough job. Arts... something which I NOT very good at :~

Any1 has a good suggestion what will be the suitable colours for the ceiling as my flat suffers heat from the sun. (white is a gd reflector, but is it gd to radiant heat out from the flat?)

You should be considering window film rather than wall paint, heat bounce off the window is better than heat bouncing around the house. Maybe even considering double glazed window. See wabisabi t-blog for more info.

You should be considering window film rather than wall paint, heat bounce off the window is better than heat bouncing around the house. Maybe even considering double glazed window. See wabisabi t-blog for more info.

hi francisg,

thks for your advice. noted.

The "mini" and odd layout of the common toilet.

I got a small toilet bowl, an instant heater for shower, and a oval shape basin(placed out of the washroom).

20131115 155619

Small toilet bowl (in term of length)

Rain drops keep falling on my head... blah blah blah ...

20131115 155739

Raining shower from Joven

20131115 152743

Oval shape of basin

Isn't the tiles look beautiful :notti:

How're your renovation progress??

Yes, one of my fav selection.. at first i thought of doing it horizontal.. but then my ID/contractor did it vertical (w/o consulting me :angry2:).. luckily he was right! :P

I did my reno abt 1.5 yrs ago liao.. :P

Yes, one of my fav selection.. at first i thought of doing it horizontal.. but then my ID/contractor did it vertical (w/o consulting me :angry2:).. luckily he was right! :P

I did my reno abt 1.5 yrs ago liao.. :P

LOL... I have the same thot as u. I almost faint when I saw my contractors were laying it vertically. but lucky, it turn up nice.

LOL... I have the same thot as u. I almost faint when I saw my contractors were laying it vertically. but lucky, it turn up nice.

Haha! Glad to know i wasn't the only one (non-tiling expert) wif the same thought.. Well guess can do it horizontal too.. personal pref ba!

It's wet wet week, and there's when the problem surface out.

OMG! Water marking on my newly painted wall. Almost fainted when saw the walls with patches of water markings.... and have to call HDB.

HDB claimed they did water proofing a month ago and the water leaking could be small cracks from the walls and so leak to my walls. But to me.... could it be their contractors didn't do a good job?

Hopefully it will be sunny day for continuous few days as they can only do water proof again on dry day. "Tian Gong " pray U could cooperate. :bow:

Else won't know when the furniture can be mounted.

20131127 185309

20131127 185259

It's wet wet week, and there's when the problem surface out.

OMG! Water marking on my newly painted wall. Almost fainted when saw the walls with patches of water markings.... and have to call HDB.

HDB claimed they did water proofing a month ago and the water leaking could be small cracks from the walls and so leak to my walls. But to me.... could it be their contractors didn't do a good job?

Hopefully it will be sunny day for continuous few days as they can only do water proof again on dry day. "Tian Gong " pray U could cooperate. :bow:

Else won't know when the furniture can be mounted.

Aiyo! Better get HDB to get it done soon.

I'm also very wary of water seepage from outside into my unit, then L-Box, ceiling, laminate flooring, etc. will be damaged.. :(

(If HDB at fault, can claim bo har?)

Aiyo! Better get HDB to get it done soon.

I'm also very wary of water seepage from outside into my unit, then L-Box, ceiling, laminate flooring, etc. will be damaged.. :(

(If HDB at fault, can claim bo har?)

To protect myself what I am doing, is to call the HDB branch office to make reports. If the problem can't be resolve and I have to repaint the walls. I will seek compensation for HDB. It's the same regulations if my lower floor neighbour complain water leaking and damage their furniture, I have to compensate them as well. The only different neighbour will give me more pressure... and HDB can only contact thru' phone dunno if they talk talk got action or not. :angry2: