Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starrynight

Which Matress Is Good

so much discussion on the 3S, but I kinda of looking at Dorma ones. Anyone here have any experiences with them? care to share?

If you do a little bit of research on Dorma, you will find that they are the royal warrant holder for bed linens not mattresses. Dorma does not manufacture mattresses in UK. In Singapore, Dorma is made by the same company that makes KingKoil, so if you are planning to buy a Dorma then you should just buy a KingKoil and save a lot of money in the process.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Really? I found out that in the US they are famous for mattresses that do not last, breaking down after a few mths and bad customer service. Worse, the only 5 star reviews looked like they had been written by Simmons themselves.

Just look around at any site that sells the mattresses. The bad reviews are all there.

I don't know why I never saw them before. Buyer beware - esp. dont buy anything plush or pillow top or anything with thick padding.

Actually, at Ackerman, I remembered choosing a mattress with little foam layer - yet when it arrived, it was the milner plush, with thick foam. My partner could not remember and we accepted the delivery. :(

Now feel so lost, because the warranty terms are unfavourable and there was no reply from Simmons. :(

Oh wow. This must be the first time I am reading such negative feedback about Simmons. Am not a Simmons user myself because it was way beyond budget. We ended up with a mattress from Dunlopillo. Bought it at the shop itself at Furniture Mall. So far so good. Nice and firm without being uncomfortable.

Oh wow. This must be the first time I am reading such negative feedback about Simmons. Am not a Simmons user myself because it was way beyond budget. We ended up with a mattress from Dunlopillo. Bought it at the shop itself at Furniture Mall. So far so good. Nice and firm without being uncomfortable.

That's because I made a mistake of paying 5k + for a simmons bed at ackerman and smith and i am still paying for it with my nightly backache. The drawers under the bed frame I found out later were not even sanded down, just painted.

Sealy seems to have complaints too but Simmons seems to have more (after searching the US websites, AFTER buying.)

Standard height is up to you. I would think higher bed is easier to get on and out of. Also, higher legs also means easier cleaning under the bed.

wow u are targetting this at simmons brand. is it really that bad?

how abt sealy and other brands? mattress that can be flipped also means is thicker.. hard to find bedsheets.

anyway what the standard ht of bed including legs and frame?

Mine is 14" mattress + 8" divan bedframe.. and now choosing between 2" or 3" or 4" legs..

wow u are targetting this at simmons brand. is it really that bad?

how abt sealy and other brands? mattress that can be flipped also means is thicker.. hard to find bedsheets.

anyway what the standard ht of bed including legs and frame?

Mine is 14" mattress + 8" divan bedframe.. and now choosing between 2" or 3" or 4" legs..

A very costly experience but here are some things to avoid:

Plush, pillow top or anything that's soft. The Simmons salesperson will say that the mattress will conform to your body shape. This means that no matter how good it feels in the beginning, the material will turn to mush, giving you as much support as a hammock. Check the net, lots of complaints about shoddy workmanship in the Simmons range.

Thinner springs. The sales person will tell you this makes it more responsive. Meaning your core will sink while the rest stay up, again hammock effect.

US models They will tell you it is more reliable but I think of this as consumer fixed mindedness. How complicated can making a mattress be? You will be paying a premium on transporting the mattress and you could easily buy that hammock here.

Patented no-flip technology This means that they are giving you half the mattress. The other side is flat and you only have one side to wear down. Which means your mattress will expire a lot quicker than you expected.

Simmons Non-existent customer service. Wrote to them to ask if there was any exchange possible and there has been no reply since. If you check again, it seems that recently, their work has turned to **** because loyal customers are now finding the joys of back pain.

Enjoy!

Hi my first post here...

Been a simmons backcare2 sleeper for about 10 years now. Love Simmons.

10 years ago, i scouted everywhere for good prices for Simmons (then, no forums to seek info)...

& found that this shop Shanghai Heng Long Furniture Shop quoted me better price than Robinsons (with 5% rebate + flyer special frame plus mattress promo) ...

Previously, they were at Joo Chiat Road.

Did a search & found them now at Geylang East,

Probably anyone interested, can call them up to find out whether the prices still goo.

Don't forget to report back.

I just got introduced to this brand Isaiah, heard from sales person that Fullerton hotel & Ritz are now using this brand (they used simmons & sealy too)...

anyone heard anything?

LOBANG FOR YOU

If you are looking for a mattress recently, here is a lobang for you.

I have a Ackerman & Smith $120 voucher for sale. Minimum spending of one Queen size mattress is required. No expiry date. Willing to let go at >30% discount ($80) as I already had a King-sized Simmons bed which I bought from them. Interested please pm me or if you need more information. :)

Here's the scan copy

img0002un8.th.jpg

Last evening, we went to Centrepoint Robinson with the intention to begin the hunt for our mattress. :horse:

After reading so much about the art and science of mattress selection, I would have thought that we would make the purchase in a very systematic and analytical way. And probably gain a few white hairs in the process...

The prior research in this forum does help since it narrows down the brands to the 3S - although I personally favour Simmons among the three.

But, in the end, we simply rely on our body to tell us which mattress is the best... We lied on each of the mattress (which are within our budget), flip and toss about, feeling the support offered by each of them. Since both of us like firm mattress, our choice became quite clear after several tries. :sport-smiley-018:

After all the complex discounts and rebates, the queen size Simmon BackCare 3 costs $2828. It comes with FOC mattress protector and 2 pillows. Hopefully the price is reasonable... :bow:

wow.. i just went thru the sealy website then found out it is true. it says only triple offset coils and no posturepedic coil for durability.

that sales guy didnt tell us the bed we chose doesnt have the Posturepedic Innerspring. 8|

we went according to our comfort and even more attracted to the price cuz its much cheaper than apollo.

felt equally comfy.. hmm...we slpt on too many beds that day cant really tell one apart frm another.

hopefully it can still last us well for 10yrs. :yamseng:

how much was ur polarville?

You are absolutely right, comfort is the most impt! honestly i can't tell what coil from what coil too :notti: so long it feels comfortable to you, that's the main point. I mentioned it becos I remembered the lady who sold me the mattress kept stressing to me abt the difference btwn backsaver and the others.

I bought it in early May at $3499, king size including bedframe.

sealy bed really very comfy and good! I bought the polarville, plush n comfy, can't wait to sleep on it!

lxiul, was told backsaver series doesn't come with posturepedic coil.

wow.. i just went thru the sealy website then found out it is true. it says only triple offset coils and no posturepedic coil for durability.

that sales guy didnt tell us the bed we chose doesnt have the Posturepedic Innerspring. 8|

we went according to our comfort and even more attracted to the price cuz its much cheaper than apollo.

felt equally comfy.. hmm...we slpt on too many beds that day cant really tell one apart frm another.

hopefully it can still last us well for 10yrs. :yamseng:

how much was ur polarville?

:dribble: Serta Sophistication is very comfy! :P

we almost wanted to get apollo at millenia harvey norman too! but it wasnt 1.7K leh.. over the weekend it was $1991. how come ur offer so good?

in the end we settled for heritage backsaver for $1693 with 8%($135) gift voucher rebate at courts.

felt nice too! shouldav try bargaining for bolster too..hee..

sealy bed really very comfy and good! I bought the polarville, plush n comfy, can't wait to sleep on it!

lxiul, was told backsaver series doesn't come with posturepedic coil.

I just bough a Sealy Appollo from Harvey Noram. 1.7K after disount. Shiok man, very comfy.

we almost wanted to get apollo at millenia harvey norman too! but it wasnt 1.7K leh.. over the weekend it was $1991. how come ur offer so good?

in the end we settled for heritage backsaver for $1693 with 8%($135) gift voucher rebate at courts.

felt nice too! shouldav try bargaining for bolster too..hee..