Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starrynight

Which Matress Is Good

Well, it will always be there, but all RADIOACTIVE items have half-life. So it will be degrading as time goes by. You shall ask the salesperson to write black in white if it degrades....he shall refund you in FULL! (under his/her name + the manufacturer/distributor name)

The fibre thing is nothing new. More than 10 years ago already got people selling things like that in stockings, T-shirt or even lingeries...If you have contact with these fibre(or any thing that EMITS negative ion), your body will grow BIGGER/LONGER temporary as the cell is in relaxed stage.

Why is it not advisable for pregnant women and cancer patient? I can't recall, but ethical manufacturers usually will put this clause one. I can find the info for you later :notti:

I am not a doctor nor scientist, but you shall be able to google them from the internet :) I still think Jade-based mattress could be better....Fibre actually went through a chemical process before they put it in the product.

hi thanks do provide me with the link pls :D

i tried searching it in google and i dont find any related articles at all on negative impacts of -ve ions on pregnant women and cancer patients.

a google search only gave me articles the benefits of negative ions...

simmons didnt put such clause or disclaminer inside for their backcare 3 and 4 series that has negative ions. in fact their brochures even kept emphasizing how good it is... their staff also.. when i was purchasing it...

did a search on simmons website also.. i dun see any such disclaimer....

thanks for helping to find the info. for me.. if its really not good for pregnant women i am going back to get a refund coz thats like not what the person told me....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Well, it will always be there, but all RADIOACTIVE items have half-life. So it will be degrading as time goes by. You shall ask the salesperson to write black in white if it degrades....he shall refund you in FULL! (under his/her name + the manufacturer/distributor name)

The fibre thing is nothing new. More than 10 years ago already got people selling things like that in stockings, T-shirt or even lingeries...If you have contact with these fibre(or any thing that EMITS negative ion), your body will grow BIGGER/LONGER temporary as the cell is in relaxed stage.

Why is it not advisable for pregnant women and cancer patient? I can't recall, but ethical manufacturers usually will put this clause one. I can find the info for you later :notti:

I am not a doctor nor scientist, but you shall be able to google them from the internet :) I still think Jade-based mattress could be better....Fibre actually went through a chemical process before they put it in the product.

negative ion is to simulate the natural environment like rainforest, waterfall etc. These ions will keep you more energetic, not something new lah. But it has half lives. I think those Jade mattress could be more effective. Fibre itself won't last for long. Most negative ion products have power socket to generate the negative ion, otherwise you will see the "degrading" effect after maybe 6 months or 1 year......

and just some warning for you guys, cancer patients and pregnant women are not advisable to sleep on those stuff......

huh.... pregnant women not advisable to sleep on ... negative ions is harmful?

how come...

do u have a website link or something that states anything on more info. on it?

the person actually told me its better for the body and when pregnant that time even better wor......

she said its new technology from japan and the negative ions is in the fibre itself with no degrading effect..

as long as the mattress is there... the ions is there.......

the mattress dont have power socket for the negative ions effect also

may i know how much is the simmons backcare ultimate king size bed that you bought?

my hubby and I bought Simmons backcare 4.

is ultimate more plush feeling or is it firmer than the normal backcare series 3 and 4?

by the way the backcare series 3 and 4 has inbuilt negative ions but the backcare ultimate doesnt have.

snowiee, my Simmons Backcare Ultimate is a Queen size and it's my basic Beautyrest that is the King size. I remember the former to be 3K. It's been too long, so I can't remember well. If you really want to know, do call Taka bedding department to check out.

The Backcare Ultimate has a very thick plush layer right on the top. Luxurious is what I would describe it as. I am very tempted to change my King size mattress but I think I will have to wait a bit more. I have so much to do for our new home this year already, so this prospective purchase can wait.

not sure if this is considered as good deal?

i bought a KING size SIMMONS charleston (imported from USA), includes 2 x SIMMONS deepsleep pillows + 1 x SIMMONS protector + 2 x bolsters + 1 bedframe .... all for $34XX

any 1 here try Tempur before?

Tempur is having this offer during GSS 20cm combi mattress at $3499 with 2 pillow, 1 transit pillow, 1 travel pillow and 1 pair of slipper and if pay cash will get more discount. u guy think is this a good deal?? :dribble:

negative ion is to simulate the natural environment like rainforest, waterfall etc. These ions will keep you more energetic, not something new lah. But it has half lives. I think those Jade mattress could be more effective. Fibre itself won't last for long. Most negative ion products have power socket to generate the negative ion, otherwise you will see the "degrading" effect after maybe 6 months or 1 year......

and just some warning for you guys, cancer patients and pregnant women are not advisable to sleep on those stuff......

I'm a Simmons fan. Simmons or nothing. I have both the Beautyrest mattress as well as the Backcare Ultimate. Both are 7 years old. If I were to buy a mattress again, it'll be Simmons once more.

For better comfort sleep, I highly recommend the Backcare Ultimate. It's patented 5 zoned-sleep supports the curve of your body, and hence gives you perfect comfort.

If you are in the market for a mattress, I think you need to look beyond the superficial plushness of the mattress. You aren't sleeping on the mattress directly as you will surely be using bedsheets. It is the structure of the mattress that matters the most. If want plush, go buy a bedding set that has 1000 thread counts. Or at least Egyptian cotton for the luxurious feel against your skin.

Here's the link to the Simmons Backcare Ultimate

http://www.simmons.com.sg/E-Products.aspx?p=SBUS1

hi :sport-smiley-004:

i love simmons mattress also

may i know how much is the simmons backcare ultimate king size bed that you bought?

my hubby and I bought Simmons backcare 4.

is ultimate more plush feeling or is it firmer than the normal backcare series 3 and 4?

by the way the backcare series 3 and 4 has inbuilt negative ions but the backcare ultimate doesnt have.

not sure about the negative ions thing but its supposed to improve blood circulation and have a better night's rest

here is the website link: http://www.simmons.com.sg/E-Products.aspx?p=SimmonsBackCare4

Negative-Ions Fibres

Made from 14 natural types of minerals stones and kneaded together into a fibre, the Negative Ion-fibres® is capable of emitting up to 1,600cc negative ions for every cubic centimeter of air. The generation of negative ions is continuous and perpetual and is most effective within 50cm to 60cm from mattress surface. Negative ions have revitalising and health-enhancing benefits. Negative ions can enhance heart and lung functions, increase metabolic rate and improve blood circulation

yup, not to mention their 0% installment plan on top of the discounts! No additional admin fee etc!

I'm wondering if Taka do carry Vono & Slumberland.....still feel that the top brands are just too overpriced liao.

if you want to buy things from Taka, do wait for their in house promotion, sometimes, you can get more than 20% discounts if you're a taka card holder. We actually got some laura Ashley lightings at 20% off (although buying direct from UK is still cheaper).....

That's exactly what I did 7 years ago. Using the Taka card to buy during the Members' 3 day sale. But I don't recall if it was 20% discount. It might have been 10-15% discount.

Nic , I did a check on Vono, it seems to be a "value" brand under Slumberland. Just an article for your reference http://thinknolimit.blogspot.com/2007/01/vono-mattress.html it's not really a "new brand" leh.....

Can you share more about the "coolest mattress" part? From what I see Vono brand is focusing on their 5-zone supporting system. Is the one you bought Spinal Care II or III?

for more info, you guys may refer to this chinese article: http://bp1.blogger.com/_nJO5Ggj3938/RbQwoa...1600-h/Vono.jpg

Edited by tingshen

if you want to buy things from Taka, do wait for their in house promotion, sometimes, you can get more than 20% discounts if you're a taka card holder. We actually got some laura Ashley lightings at 20% off (although buying direct from UK is still cheaper).....

Edited by tingshen

Not sure if I ever tried the Backcare Ultimate, but I find the Backcare series a little too firm for us... heehee maybe we are too soft-boned.

It's exclusive at Takashimaya. So if you'd not been to Taka to see this mattress, then I can safely conclude you'd not experienced this mattress at all. There is one variation that comes with a luxurious pillow top layer, like the Westin's Heavenly Bed.

The older we become, the firmer the mattress we should get. This is an important consideration. With our constant seating in front of our PCs, and bad posture forming over time, we will all eventually need a back care kind of mattress. So might as well invest in a superb one from the start. Some mattresses are too hard for comfort. I bought my Backcare Ultimate only because it's very, very comfortable. And worth every single cent.

ya lor, the price is very affordable. which simmons model did you buy and how much did it set you back?

I bought my Simmons Charleston from Ackerman. Was aiming for Lakeview originally, but after trying out Charleston, changed our mind on the spot.

I think as long as you can afford it, a good mattress is well worth the money spent. after working for a long day, need to pamper ourselves mah. keke...

For better comfort sleep, I highly recommend the Backcare Ultimate. It's patented 5 zoned-sleep supports the curve of your body, and hence gives you perfect comfort.

Not sure if I ever tried the Backcare Ultimate, but I find the Backcare series a little too firm for us... heehee maybe we are too soft-boned.