Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ptc77

Buangkok Reno Journey

Finally its my turn to start this blog of my new home. The reno is almost to completion.

So far so good, wife and myself quite satisfied with all works done ..

At times, there will bound to be hicups & miscommunication along the way given the amount of coordinating works required, the number of people involved, the different job scope to be done etc...

To me, it's more importantly how the ID resolve the issue. And provide alternative solution when things do not work accordingly to plan... The willingness for both parties, be it is ID fault or ours, to accept mistakes made, correct it and move on..

I have learnt renovation is never be a 100% perfect thing... well, at times learnt to give and take to reach a compromise agreement to resolve any issues faced. But of course for certain matters , you need to be firm if the mistake made are not acceptable and need to be change. ID will need to comply.

For that, i give credit to my ID who did a pretty good ''job'' whenever unexpected situation arises

Let me re-cap, the good & the bad, and share my journey ....... :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by ptc77

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Bees spoken to various ID , big firm (Chxx, NW, R & R) , as usual sales talk. perhaps my budget is not attractive to them

well. small firm are more willingly to meetup onsite and discuss. In particular i shortlisted to 2 ID, they are behXXe and RenoGuyZ

behXXe

A friendly ID with good child orientation design, share ideas on what to do based on layout, however on hand got 5 project running which worry me. Overall, good impression on him.

RenoGuyZ (Nick)

First look, came in t-shirt and short. Well, i thought ,okay since he is here, let's talk. In fact i shortlisted him as renotalk got a fair bit of his displayed works and good review. Look blurish & blank as well known..

As usual, we went thru the entire layout onsite, from there, he gave his advise on cost saving after listening to my requirement.

His p.f.r pricing for built in warerobe, cabinets, kitchen top, glassback, wall hacking, quoted by him was rather attractive compared to behXXe. I were surprised when he told me the quotation will be ready on the same day.

Indeed, his quote came in that night. Overbudget at first quote, ask for revise quotation...

Well, over the next 1 week period, 3 revised quote given, countless whatsapp messaging on price negotiation, the deal was sweeten with some unexpected discount given & foc items bundled in, plus a satisfactory visit to his showroom flat at Punggol, we confirmed nick as my ID.

A point to note that to secure a good package deal, the quoted price for all items are on the understanding that the both material used and resources allocated are from my ID.

Only air-con & window grills were outsourced to others who are highly well-know in the forum.

It was already well past 4 weeks in seach of the suitable ID after my key collection from HDB. It's time to move on to next stage..

Next. on the 3D design ....

Edited by ptc77

Our home theme; simple, modern and practical.
Simple for ease of maintenance.
Modern for that long lasting design looks.
Practical for useful storage purposes.

Black and White will be the main color used.

Edited by ptc77

Yo bro, welcomed to RT, and congrats on ur new hse & reno nearing completion! :yamseng:

Good efforts of you to share ur reno journey & experience despite coming to an end to the project.. :thumbs up:

Let me guess, u all went for Option 2 for both Living & MBR? Haha! :D

In this full scale renovation project, the items shall include:

• False ceiling & L Box
  • Partition/ divider with settee & side cabinet
  • Shoe cabinet
  • TV feature wall with console
  • Kitchen cabinet with glassback
  • Toilet vanity with mirror
  • Built in wardrobe at all rooms
  • Study table
  • Homogeneous flooring for all rooms
  • Hacking & replacement of kitchen floor tiles
  • Hacking of service yard wall
  • Overlay of toilet floor tiles
  • Plumbing works
  • Electrical works
  • Shower screen
Edited by ptc77

Project kick start with selection of tiles from Hafary , laminate from EDL and paint from nippon paint.

Edited by ptc77