Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PrawnMee

Project Shoebox: 3 Room In Sembawang

Hi all!

Hubby and I are longtime lurkers of renotalk and finally decided to start our very own renoblog! :dancingqueen:

After a long long wait of over 3 years (from BTO release in March 2010..), we have finally collected our keys on Childrens' Day this year! (Auspicious date! Sign of things to come..? :notti:)

Ours is a very very small 3 room in Sembawang, just 67sqm 'big'.

Here is our floorplan:

gallery_56807_175_7014.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi PrawnMee, congrats on ur new cosy little 'shoebox' (mine just a slightly larger box at 74sqm :P), & welcomed to the 3-roomers' club & to RT! :yamseng:

Not many active 3-room BTO bloggers around... Enjoy your reno journey! :)

Looking forward to following ur updates & pics!

It has been a while since my first post as hubby and I have been super busy with sourcing for ID, purchases, work, and life in general. :dunno:

I will share a bit about how we finally chose our ID.. but first, thought I would share some pictures of how I would love my home to look like. (Of course not everything is feasible lah, but still, a girl can hope...)

Living Room:

gallery_56807_175_122353.jpg

First time I saw this picture, I thought - :idea: I must have this! My main door opens directly to a view of my ENTIRE living room area.. so this will give us some (very stylish) privacy.

gallery_56807_175_120823.jpg

I really like the furniture in this photo. Clean and neat lines, very neutral with pops of colour.

gallery_56807_175_9012.jpg

I like the idea of having photos above my sofa. Think I dig the mid-century modern look quite a bit.

gallery_56807_175_57992.jpg

I like the furniture and the cosy feel of the house.. but too many colours for me! :bleah:

gallery_56807_175_168607.jpg

Again mid-century modern furniture - can't get enough of those legs.. and really digging the wallpaper.

• Like 1

...continued..
gallery_56807_175_12472.jpg
Really really like the dark matte flooring. Wonder if I could do the same in my teeny tiny 3 room flat... would it be too dark? would it make the living area look even smaller than it already is?

gallery_56807_175_55828.jpg

This flooring is really nice too! :sport-smiley-018: I can't wait to pick my floors...

Hi PrawnMee, congrats on ur new cosy little 'shoebox' (mine just a slightly larger box at 74sqm :P), & welcomed to the 3-roomers' club & to RT! :yamseng:

Not many active 3-room BTO bloggers around... Enjoy your reno journey! :)

Looking forward to following ur updates & pics!

Thanks jus4fun! Very excited to start my journey. Fingers crossed everything go smooth smooth. :thumbs up:

More ideas/inspiration...

Kitchen:

gallery_56807_175_85147.jpg

gallery_56807_175_111093.jpg

For kitchen, would love to have everything white, or have raw wood cabinets..

Dining area:

gallery_56807_175_24860.jpg

I like the wood colour and the wall paper here! And how the dining table is super simple..

gallery_56807_175_13091.jpg

Like the raw woody floors and clean simple table. Wish I had such gorgeous windows to let this much natural light in! But I am really living in a shoebox.. :curse:

Bathroom:

gallery_56807_175_270239.jpg

This is a dream bathroom! Subway tiles, cool flooring, wood, big ceramic basin, even bigger mirror!

Bedroom:

gallery_56807_175_46229.jpg

Very scandinavian.. I like the combination of wood floors + white walls + wallpaper + random pops of colour here..

At the same time, also like the full height side table mirrors here, but this is a totally different 'feel'.. Wonder if it would be possible to mesh both styles?

gallery_56807_175_16877.jpg

..As you can see I am super excited to start the reno process! :sport-smiley-004:

Right now it looks like it will be a bit of a challenge to decorate our 3-room the way I want because the space is so tiny and the layout is quite fixed (almost no walls can be hacked!).. :jail: plus did I mention budget also not very big...

Hopefully we can somehow incorporate at least some of the above!

When I can I will try to post some photos of my empty flat before reno works start.

Wat a collection of pics of nice homes u hv there! Can really feel all the excitement in u liao! :dancingqueen:

(Can c u hv a 'fetish' for legged animals.. err.. i mean furniture.. haha!)

Hv u two gotten an ID? 贵有贵做 便宜有便宜做.. hope he/she is able to tranform the shoebox into a ur dream home! It's all about ideas & 功力 ya! :lol:

:yamseng:

Hi PrawnMee,

got ur keys?...in Sembawang?

whoa....we might just be neighbours then!

I like some of the ideas you have shared here.

but i gotta sell my current place first before all this "madness" starts!

Wat a collection of pics of nice homes u hv there! Can really feel all the excitement in u liao! :dancingqueen:

(Can c u hv a 'fetish' for legged animals.. err.. i mean furniture.. haha!)

Hv u two gotten an ID? 贵有贵做 便宜有便宜做.. hope he/she is able to tranform the shoebox into a ur dream home! It's all about ideas & 功力 ya! :lol:

:yamseng:

Yesyes I love legs! The wooden kind! :P

Got our idea 1-2 weeks back, and work has started already (a bit too fast for me!) so hope to post pictures soon when less busy with work, family, etc.

jus curious how much u got for ur 3 room flat for 3 years back. cos im waiting for my 3 room flat also hehe. but it would be in 2017

Hi kindaichi!

Mine is around 160k+.. guess it is considered cheap? Then again, it is at Sembawang where most people consider too ulu.

Anyway hubby and I quite blessed lah, I really like the view of this place. We are lucky to be able to 'qualify' for a 3room... :sport-smiley-018:

Where will your 3room be and how much did you pay?

think your collection of pictures on concepts is very nice.. i love almost of them!!!

hi virieslove!

Thanks! But whether ID can assist to make this happen is another thing. My ID I think got different taste which is worrying.. but work has started so too late for regrets!

Yours is a super big 5 room, I can't wait to see what happens with your B&W theme!

Hi PrawnMee,

got ur keys?...in Sembawang?

whoa....we might just be neighbours then!

I like some of the ideas you have shared here.

but i gotta sell my current place first before all this "madness" starts!

Helloooo

Yes got already! In Sembawang riverlodge! Are we indeed neighbours? :dancingqueen:

When collect keys?