Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Astarz

The Grey Haunt

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Enjoy your reno.

My honest comments.

a) So if u have guests and they want to use the toilet, must go into your MBR 1st.

b) Well grey is a nice color. But our HDB ceilings are 2.6m and have small windows. All your above mood photos are either taken in daylight with large 3/4 windows or with full lights on and maybe even flash illumination. All the photos have high ceilings. 2.9 to 3m minimum?

Just make sure u have lots of natural light in the flat 1st. Or else if got cockroach running on the wall, u also won't know.

cheers.

Nice mood pics Astarz, agree that grey is the new beige. I think as a neutral colour, it's just easier to work with grey with the current style of furniture (modern/industrial). I think probably if it's too dark a grey then it might not be too good in a small space.

This is the floor layout I plan to have.... it is revolved around what I need and do in my living space.

GreyHPFP.jpg

Edited by Astarz

Tiles are up and i have spent some time configuring the mix of tiles for both floor and walls. Not easy, hv to think abt functions and aesthetic. Dont want it to look bland, uninspiring and designer-lacking. I avoid shiny glazed tiles, cos it is rather last era.

Matt and textural are the new "in's". Have to take a leap of faith to execute this design.

IMG5725.jpg6bdIMG5848.jpgb60IMG6164.jpgacIMG6165.jpg

Edited by Astarz

Rather smooth and speedy (when needed) process: My lights and power are up, first coat of paint done and laminated floor will be laid this week. Anticipate.. Aircon installed too.

When things come, they come with a vengeance...haha

Edited by Astarz

Love the shampoo kerb and shower bench! But as LALA81 mentioned, guest who wants to use toilet must go to MBR n through your walk in wardrobe even...MBR is a very personal space le...would have kept the toilet door at the kitchen so toilet is accessible fr MBR n Kitchen. That way, can lock MBR toilet door when there are guests visiting.

In any case your different shades of grey tiles is lovely! Love the contrast in colours...opps shades I mean n the textures. Can't wait to see pics of the complete look!

Ya, i thought abt that also but ultimately I decide on this layout cos after all, how often do u have guest visiting? not daily I hope hahah.

So i make the layout works for me and not the other way round. HDB toilets are a legacy of bad planning. How can one has both dry and wet area combined into one?

Therefore i have to sacrifice privacy for practicality. Having another door to access toilet from Kitchen would affect my layout. I would have a very small vanity area and no place for mirror, painting and make my toilet very squeezy to use. If u notice my WIW actually serves as a screen-off.

Edited by Astarz