Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weezersg

How Long Does It Take To Sell Of Your Hdb?

mine is 3 months into the market and still no seller, really feel very worried. new BTO key collection is end june 2015.

can only take new flat keys upon sale and contra of my current unit.

wonder is it the agent problem or the market problem. family suggest to swop agent but i believe is more of a market problem rather than a agent problem.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I also understand that the asking price should be maybe 20 - 30K higher than your acceptable price (should not be too far from the HDB resale prices in your hood, can check on HDB's website for the annual records) if in a good location/good condition and perhaps less in harder to sell areas? Most of the time, sellers will reject the 1st offer made, which is lower than expected and they go on from there to negotiate. A lot of situational gauging as well, but nothing that can't be done.

Hi,

I summarized the steps for HDB transactions :-

From the initial marketing till sales completion would usually takes about 5-6months depending on the marketing period.

- Understanding your estimate value for your unit

- Please try not to listen to neighbours or friends saying how much they sell last time

- Try checking for HDB website

- Submitting resale checklist

- Marketing (pricing realisticly is very crucial!)

- Viewing arrangment and viewing

- Buyer placing a deposit for your unit and issue Option to Purchase (OTP)

- Valuation & Loan application

- Exercising the Option

- Resale Submission and booking of first appointment

- Lawyer for conveyancing or use HDB lawyer (depending on loan taken)

- Attending first appointment

- Final inspection

- HDB 2nd appointment (Completion)

Feel free to check with me if you have doubts

Share with you what I know.

Agents while they can entertain calls and fix viewings, they also screen the price. So for example you want $400K, and they want to make more commission, they will turn away the lower offers because their income is commission based. You will not even know about the offers. My take is that just advertise on your own and fix the viewing yourself.

Partially agree, but as a owner, i also want to get the best buck for my house. So, of course will go for the higher offer.

• Like 1

i took 10k under valuation for my Yishun flat near to MRT...on mkt for one week and that was the only offer..my agent say very heng alrdy consider the down market now..

Share with you what I know.

Agents while they can entertain calls and fix viewings, they also screen the price. So for example you want $400K, and they want to make more commission, they will turn away the lower offers because their income is commission based. You will not even know about the offers. My take is that just advertise on your own and fix the viewing yourself.

Hi

I'm Selling my 5 rm HDB too, Blk 929 ,at Hougang st 91 next to the New Hougang C C and Hawker Centre.

My Valuation $510 k, NO COV needed, any offer below can considers.

Buyer selling his house with H.D.B loan can do Contra or Buyer after sign the O.T.P that need to move urgently to stay can be arrange and we can discuss further.

The flat vacant , I'm staying on my other property.

my email: Amri29a@yahoo.com

Edited by Anon23

hi, I am keen to know how you DIY to sell too.

Am planning to sell my EM too.

Can share info with me?