Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aary

Our First Home...

After all the readings, now it is time for me to write about my reno journey... :rolleyes: It was after our 4th year of marriage and a kid, we decided to get our own house. We tried for BTO initially but after 4 unsuccessful trials, we gave up! It was really disheartening to know that even for first timers like us, who are married and have a kid, we still cant get a place in any BTOs (in the west cos it is nearer to my parents'). Our numbers were always way behind in the thousands!!!:furious: So we looked at the ads for resale houses in the newpapers and property guru and decided to get a place which is only 2 blocks away from my parents'. Not my first choice but we settled for that one cos of convenience.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

gallery_57319_3_38385.jpg

This is the floorplan. It is curved and crooked and posted quite a bit of headache in renovating. Everything is just....crooked. :help:

Edited by Aary

gallery_57319_10_20011.jpg

gallery_57319_177_50925.jpg

Here are some of the pictures of the entrance of the house. The first thing you see is wood, wood and more wood... Very resort, balinese style...Not my kind of theme...

Edited by Aary

Resort, Balinese themes used to be huge before... Now it is more of the vintage industrial, Scandinavian styles. Which style are you going for?

Nice and big bro. Alot of ppl doing these type of brick walls.

Hi there. Thank you. The size is not too bad, 135 sqm. And Im keeping the brick wall :good: . The small-small bricks I hacked away.

Resort, Balinese themes used to be huge before... Now it is more of the vintage industrial, Scandinavian styles. Which style are you going for?

Yup. Mine is more modern classic. It is modern with a classic touch to it :notti:

Ok some more pictures coming up...

gallery_57319_177_18191.jpg

Entrance to Living Room. Wood....

gallery_57319_177_66580.jpg

Path to the bedrooms. Wood...

gallery_57319_177_42242.jpg

Dining Area.

Edited by Aary

If you have observed clearly the dates on the pics, they were taken early this year but we only started reno around July.... So here is the story of how I met my ID :yeah:

Once a upon a time, we searched high and low, went places to places and expos to find the right one. It is our first house so we did a lot of 'research' on reno. We want to make it a cosy one, a place where we can just relax after a hard day at work... Since the house that we got is quite old and the theme is not up to our liking, we need a major overhaul... So we met up with a few IDs:

1. Dxx from pluxx livxxx
  2. Kxxxxx from renozxxx
  3. Yxxxx from Earnxxx
  4. Sxxxx from Axx (Expo)
  5. Txxx from ID xxxx
  6. Meng Sxxx
  7. Rxx from IR Dxxxxx
  8. And a couple more which my memory is failing to rem right now.

We have a great chemistry with Txxx, but due to unforseen circumstances, we have to let him go. He is really nice! :good:

So, after considering our budget, comfort level and reading from renotalk (lots of praises on this guy), we decided to give our ID all our trust and $$$$... He is Roy from I.R. Design. :dancingqueen:

Edited by Aary

The best thing about reno is the looking up loads of magazines, google images and SHOPPING! Here are some of the items that we purchased for our very own home:

gallery_57319_177_2991.jpg

Bosch Dryer Clasixx - LOVE IT!!!!

gallery_57319_177_7597.jpg

Bosch Maxx WAE20360SG

gallery_57319_177_9705.jpg

Bosch Oven HBN331E2J

gallery_57319_177_8060.jpg

Bosch HMT84G651. My first buit-in microwave! Love it!

gallery_57319_177_2319.jpg

Fisher & Paykel E440TRE. Oooo how I love this white retro looking fridge. She is such a beauty!

gallery_57319_177_3750.jpg

I love the look of a chimney hood and I found this hood suction is not too bad. Rinnai RH992CT

gallery_57319_177_7798.jpg

Rinnai RB2CG. Love the look and the fire is realy strong cos of the strong inner flame. Cook fast....well at times too fast :jawdrop: