Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lth3388

Anyhow Reno

I forgot to take photos when they were waterproofing kitchen and laying tiles there so I have to jump to day 18 when the cement floor in our hall is done. But the results were bad. Apparently, you need some one with good experience to do such job.

flooring_zpsd1a1ed2b.jpg

U r using cement flooring as ur actual flooring? From the picture it looks quite ok... What flaws did u find?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

U r using cement flooring as ur actual flooring? From the picture it looks quite ok... What flaws did u find?

It has very dirty look, water mark... Contractor polished it and it looks much better now.

cementfloor2_zpsd722cd2d.jpg

Day 26, more things done.

kitchen cabinet solid top. (cement wall by the way)

Kitchentop2_zpsf8202d58.jpg

kitchentop_zps973c47ab.jpg

All 4 rooms laminate flooring done

bedroomfloor_zpsbe8d3c63.jpg

MBR platform bed

MBRplatformbed_zpsaf525f8f.jpg

MBR wall hung shelving for TV

MBRconsoletable_zps0c71996c.jpg

Kitchen view from service balcony. A small bar top

kitchentopasbarcounter_zps7e640e03.jpg

I see... Looks quite decent to me... But I hope you know that cracks will form overtime...

Yes, I understand that. I intend to paint or laminate wood later if we really can't tolerate it. Now, we are trying to endure the powdery feel.

If u lay laminate flooring later, it will create a different in floor height where the laminated flooring ends right? How to mitigate that ah?

That is just a thought, may not be doing that. Hopefully it can last for several years from now.

Oh ok... Cos I had the same tot too... When the cracks get too unsightly, or when I get tired of it, I may wanna lay vinyl over it... But this point abt the difference in height remains a doubt to me... Shall ask my contractor when I do shortlist one :)

Oh ok... Cos I had the same tot too... When the cracks get too unsightly, or when I get tired of it, I may wanna lay vinyl over it... But this point abt the difference in height remains a doubt to me... Shall ask my contractor when I do shortlist one :)

Cool, may be you can share with me the results when you decide to do that. I do notise the difference in height but maybe the contractor can level it later should I decide to laminate wood/vinyl or paint or even lay tiles on it. Another thing to worry is that it will be higher than the room floor.

Hi PTopaz,

Definitely try to level the floor as much as possible. I have a tiny regret of not doing that in order to save cost.

After laying HERF, ended up with slightly uneven portions I can feel when walking on - particularly kitchen area.

Actually it's very minor because most of people who walk in my place can't tell. Only when I point it out to them.

So it's more of my own obsession. Heh

Edited by greglhc

Day 29

More activities.

Balcony sliding door installed

balconydoor3_zpsa5e01671.jpg

balconydoor2_zpsb8930476.jpg

Another bedroom wardrobe

Xinbedroomwardrobe_zps28a18bdf.jpg

Kitchen cabinet completed

kitchen1_zpse51bb068.jpg

Kitchen entrance and 2 bathroom doors