Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

We spent about 2.5 hours on-site to discuss the electrical plan with Jay (my ID), Mr Yeak (my contractor) and Mr Yeak's electrician.

Jay had prepared an A3 floor plan which shows details such as:

• number and type of proposed light and where to locate their control (ie. switch)
  • lights where 2-way switch are necessary
  • number of powerpoints and their locations
  • where to locate controls for heaters, roller shutter, etc
  • where to locate TV points and data points

He taped the A3 floor plan on the wall. Changes were written on it throughout the discussion. We spoke much about how to run the electricity such that trunking is minimised. I think we had a very fruitful discussion.

gallery_55783_168_22786.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1 Jan 2014

On the very 1st day of the new year, we visited our new home.

The kitchen floor tiles are up. Wires have been embedded in the flooring.

gallery_55783_168_7731.jpg

The yard's floor tiles are up too. We are using the same flooring as those in the balcony.

gallery_55783_168_58609.jpg

Edited by Harriette

This is the view of my master bedroom. I will be replacing the windows to white-frame, double-glazed windows with clear panes.

. gallery_55783_168_12236.jpg

Hi,

can I know how much it cost you to change the windows to double glazed? Is it possible to have them done without changing the frame?

Just curious, your area isn't very noisy, why did you have to change them?

Thanks in advance!

For those who are interested, Grohe Marina Square is offering 30% discount storewide for AMEX card holders. Till 5 Jan 2014.

Think the only thing worth looking at is the Euphoria rain shower going at $888 (thermostat) and $788 (mixer) before 30% and excluding GST.

Hi,

can I know how much it cost you to change the windows to double glazed? Is it possible to have them done without changing the frame?

Just curious, your area isn't very noisy, why did you have to change them?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Xaleysan,

Double-glazed windows for 3 bedrooms cost $2,760. The frame for double-glazed and single-glazed windows are different, so you will need to change the frame.

gallery_55783_168_465.jpg

We prefer a quieter environment when we sleep, so we opted for double-glazed windows in the bedrooms. We also reckon that these will be useful if you have a young child napping at home while some neighbours carry out noisy renovation works.

Edited by Harriette

Think the only thing worth looking at is the Euphoria rain shower going at $888 (thermostat) and $788 (mixer) before 30% and excluding GST.

Hi OceanEleven,

I bought the Euphoria rain shower at $888 (with thermostat) in Oct 13, from Grohe Marina Square. It was discounted from its original price of $2000+. I'm not sure if the 30% discount will apply.

Hi Xaleysan,

Double-glazed windows for 3 bedrooms cost $2,760. The frame for double-glazed and single-glazed windows are different, so you will need to change the frame.

We prefer a quieter environment when we sleep, so we opted for double-glazed windows in the bedrooms. We also reckon that these will be useful if you have a young child napping at home while some neighbours carry out noisy renovation works.

Hi,

Can you pm me the contact for the double-glazed window? My living room and all bedrooms are facing the MRT tracks and it is very noisy.

Thanks.

Hi Xaleysan,

Can you PM me the contact please? I don't think HDB allows changing of frames for my cluster of flats, but I'll check them out.

Thank you!

Hi,

Can you pm me the contact for the double-glazed window? My living room and all bedrooms are facing the MRT tracks and it is very noisy.

Thanks.

Can you PM me the contact please? I don't think HDB allows changing of frames for my cluster of flats, but I'll check them out.

Thank you!

Hi BH72 and xaleysan,

I got the windows from my main contractor, Mr Yeak. It may be cheaper if you go direct to the window supplier. Do note that you need a permit to change the windows - Mr Yeak was chasing me to choose the frame colour so that he can apply for the permit. Do ensure that your chosen contractor will apply for permit on your behalf.

Let me know if you want Mr Yeak's contact.

Hi BH72 and xaleysan,

I got the windows from my main contractor, Mr Yeak. It may be cheaper if you go direct to the window supplier. Do note that you need a permit to change the windows - Mr Yeak was chasing me to choose the frame colour so that he can apply for the permit. Do ensure that your chosen contractor will apply for permit on your behalf.

Let me know if you want Mr Yeak's contact.

Hi,

Thanks. I have his contact already.

5 Jan 2014

Much plastering works were done. Some new windows are up too. The white-frame windows make the house look brighter and add a sense of "new-ness" to the place.

The casement double-glazed windows are up in the 2 corridor bedrooms. The frames are still covered with protective black stickers. The new window in the master bedroom is not up yet. [Apologies - it was getting dark, so the photos are quite dark.]

gallery_55783_168_10372.jpg

The new normal sliding windows in the dining and study room are up too.

gallery_55783_168_4210.jpg

The new window in the downstairs toilet:

gallery_55783_168_48151.jpg

Edited by Harriette

There is a huge scaffolding in the yard. Guess they used it for plastering the walls. The windows shown in this photo are the old windows. There is water seepage here. I was told that the seepage was caused by poor installation of the windows.

gallery_55783_168_9427.jpg