Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Harriette,

Can you PM me the cost of your balcony decking and size ? I'll be following your t-blog closely as I've shortlisted Mr Yeak to be my contractor when my new home is ready. Not sure if he is interested in smaller scale projects or not though. Thanks.

Hi BH72 and xaleysan,

I got the windows from my main contractor, Mr Yeak. It may be cheaper if you go direct to the window supplier. Do note that you need a permit to change the windows - Mr Yeak was chasing me to choose the frame colour so that he can apply for the permit. Do ensure that your chosen contractor will apply for permit on your behalf.

Let me know if you want Mr Yeak's contact.

Yes Harriette, I would like his contact.

Thank you!

Hi FamilyGuy72,

my balcony decking is normal tile which looks like wood. It is from Hafary (tile code: Y1159M2016) and costs $4psf. I will PM you how much Mr Yeak charges me shortly.

Hi Harriette,

Can you PM me the cost of your balcony decking and size ? I'll be following your t-blog closely as I've shortlisted Mr Yeak to be my contractor when my new home is ready. Not sure if he is interested in smaller scale projects or not though. Thanks.

11 Jan 2014 reno updates

We are using hot and cold water in the kitchen and bathrooms. The new storage heaters are mounted in the yard.

Electrical works and piping works are in progress.

11903058506_0dbbb32253.jpg
11902467933_52feee07db.jpg
pipe 1 by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr
11902194015_f66552385e.jpg
pipe 2 by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

So we decided to swop the dining room and the study/helper room. This enables us to have an open kitchen/dining and makes better use of space. We also incorporate a bench for wearing shoes. The new study/helper room is smaller though.

Revised floor plan:

gallery_55783_168_36746.jpg

Some new renderings:

gallery_55783_168_31830.jpg

gallery_55783_168_29857.jpg

gallery_55783_168_36585.jpg

gallery_55783_168_1856.jpg

The new idea with bench sitting is a good idea. Below it if possible can add a shoe cabinet drawer. When you pull it out. the bottom for you to place your shoes.

shoe-storage-bench.jpg