Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone tried Philip PerfectCare Azur steam iron?

I saw this advert about Philip PerfectCare Azur steam iron. It supposedly will not singed your garment. 3 of my shirts were singed badly before - 2 by part-timer helpers and 1 by me. I wonder if I should invest in this iron.

13948547549_57f94ee499.jpg

image by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

Have not used this, but there is the Philips Carnival sale coming up on 24-25 May, 9am-6pm at their Toa Payoh premises.

You may want to check it out!

Hi, Can you pm me the design fee and the contact? TIA :)

Hi, can you PM me the design fee and contact as well as your contractor contact and fee too? Thanks

Hi, I see that you have a dish washer. Can you share your experience with it? I've had many people advising me against buying one.

Hi,

I have been using a LG dishwasher since early 2008. I find that it is a good help, especially when you have guests.

My thoughts:

1. You need to place the dishes such that there is sufficient space for the water to spray onto them and jet away the debris. So you can't cram everything into the dishwasher.

2. Corelle washes better in the dishwasher, compared to cheap ikea dishes which I used to have. My main reason for buying Corelle is that they are supposed to be break resistant and therefore child-safe.

3. Dishwasher cannot handle stubborn stains. You still have to scrub those yourself.

4. Non-sticky pans (ie. teflon) can't be washed in dishwashers.

Overall, I like having a dishwasher. I find it useful.

Hi Hariette, spent the past two hours reading all your posts from first to last. Congrats on moving into your lovely home. I really love all your smart ideas you incorporated into the design. May I have Mr Yeak and William's (contractors) contacts?

Thank you in advance~

Hi Hariette, spent the past two hours reading all your posts from first to last. Congrats on moving into your lovely home. I really love all your smart ideas you incorporated into the design. May I have Mr Yeak and William's (contractors) contacts?

Thank you in advance~

PM-ed. Thanks for reading my blog.

Moving on to happier matters, the solid surface has been installed by Ikea's contractor.

Solid surface installation (part 1 of 2)

Is your solid surface from IKEA, Harriette? I am especially interested in your IKEA kitchen.

May I have Mr Yeak's contact information, please?

Hi Harriette,

can i have Mr Yeak and William contact?

May i know how long it took for Jay to come back to you on all the drawing? and how long did ur renovation take?

I'm in contact with Jay for my reno but they seems to need alot of time for the planning and my hb is chasing me to confirm and start work in another 2wks time, we are hoping to move in before the start of chinese 7th month. very tempted to engage them for the reno but hb dont want the wait. haiz... will you be able to share how with Jay involvement in your reno helped? since im having a very simple plan for my place, i too wonder if its worthwhile engaging a designer for the job. on another hand, im quite hopeless with colors match and super flicker minded.

Hi mummychua,

Generally Jay takes about 2 to 3weeks to come up with drawings. So that is quite long. Mr Yeak (my contractor) takes some time to implement the design, which was quite long too. So my reno took 4 months for the actual reno works. Before that, Jay took 1 month to come up with the designs and I took another 1.5 month to source for contractors. So overall, that's 6.5 months. <jaws dropped>

I think Jay's design are very good. His carpentry details and design are very impressive. So if you have the time, I feel that he is worth hiring. I do make it a point to send him friendly reminders every few days. For my case, Jay is quite hands off when it comes to monitoring the contractor (maybe it is because I didn't hire his contractor). Hence I also have to liaise with the contractor myself.

Now that I have lived in my house for 1.5months, I would like to say I have NO significant defects and very little minor defects. The minor defects I reported were rectified quickly. I think this is very good. So if you have the time, I think Mr Yeak is worth hiring too.

I will PM you the contacts.

Hi Harriette,

can i have Mr Yeak and William contact?

May i know how long it took for Jay to come back to you on all the drawing? and how long did ur renovation take?

I'm in contact with Jay for my reno but they seems to need alot of time for the planning and my hb is chasing me to confirm and start work in another 2wks time, we are hoping to move in before the start of chinese 7th month. very tempted to engage them for the reno but hb dont want the wait. haiz... will you be able to share how with Jay involvement in your reno helped? since im having a very simple plan for my place, i too wonder if its worthwhile engaging a designer for the job. on another hand, im quite hopeless with colors match and super flicker minded.

Edited by Harriette

Is your solid surface from IKEA, Harriette? I am especially interested in your IKEA kitchen.

May I have Mr Yeak's contact information, please?

Hi,

yes, my solid surface is from Ikea.

I enjoyed using my ikea's kitchen. It is very functional and it matches all the ikea's accessories/fittings. While the soft closing provided by Mr Yeak for my other carpentry is decent and ok, Ikea's soft closing (supposedly Blum) is much better. We have no budget for Blum in our carpentry.

Buying the ikea kitchen was very tedious:

1. I have to go down to ikea to study and research before knowing what I want and what is suitable.

2. I have to write down every cabinet that I want so that I can tell the ikea guy what I want to buy. I also use the ikea's kitchen planner software, which was not easy to use.

3.Then I have to liaise with the ikea contractors - one for kitchen cabinets and one for solid surface.

And inevitably, I bought some wrong sizes for some cabinets. But luckily, the ikea contractor helped me to bring to ikea to exchange. I need not go down personally.

Working with Mr Yeak is much easier. I simply have to call him or at most, meet him to discuss.

I will PM you Mr Yeak's contact.

Edited by Harriette

• Like 1