Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bchpk

Homogeneous Tiles Or Laminate Flooring For Bedroom

Hi all..

Been reading RT forum for weeks but still indecisive over many selection (eg design/ layout / theme / materials used) for my 4rm BTO in Sembawang.

To start with, I have decided to have homogeneous tiles for my living / dining room. But still open option (either homogeneous tiles or laminate flooring) for the 3 bedrooms..

The collection of key is likely to be Q1 2014 but I think I should not wait further and start asking your comment and feedback.. Hahaaa..

My family have a newborn whom is less than 6 month old. I read some comments that laminate flooring may be harmful, which worries me!..

Please kindly advise me, thanks..

CK & HP

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Laminate for sure ..... you will hate having a tiled bedroom! Laminate it much nicer on the feet, and less slippery too. How it is harmful? We have little kids too and no issues....

Personally I would never go for laminate. It looks and feels cheap. I prefer the old fashioned parquet flooring. Just walk on both surfaces barefeet and you can tell the difference regardless of how top quality the laminate is.

laminate is nice and warm for bedrooms. just use a better quality laminate if you are unsure. water-prove ones. :thumbs up:

I never recommend laminate. Of coz for bedroom, I will suggest the best is Vinyl flooring or resilient also

My key is getting around March. Many of the ids told me to take laminate flooring because the cost is lower .

Is that true ? Or homogenous tiles ? Which will be better ?

Laminate flooring is cheaper than homogenous tiles. The cost is per sq foot. As for tiles, not only the cost of the tiles but also you have to factor in the labour cost of laying the tiles. For instance, my tiles is $4 psf but my laminate is $5 psf. But the overall cost of laying the tiles in my living room is more than all my bedrooms (even though the psf, all my bedrooms combined are larger than my living room).

It depends on your requirements. Living room can be tiles and bedrooms can be laminate or vice versa. You can also consider vinyl. I prefer laminate as my concept is wood and it doesn't have the cold feeling as compared to tiles.

My key is getting around March. Many of the ids told me to take laminate flooring because the cost is lower .

Is that true ? Or homogenous tiles ? Which will be better ?

Lets say it simple. Decades ago, people don't lay tiles, or they just lay all the same whether it's bedroom or living room. Just go for whatever you feel comfortable. Most importantly practical and affordable.

Hi All,

I'm just starting on my research now.. I have opted for no flooring for my place meaning just cement, if i want to do laminate, can just do on cement without tiles? Or need to get hdb do screeding first?

Thanks!

I think someone mentioned that you can get HDB to do a CS to level existing floor condition. You can choose to lay tiles, laminates or do nothing after leveling. Last i heard HDB CS is free, anyone can confirm? Hope that helps.

Edited by JnE