Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I have used the Electrolux hood and it was great. Strong suction power. Mine was the duct out model EFC9573X but everything else should be the same as your model. This model is Made in China but I actually preferred it over my much more expensive Made in Japan Ariafina cooker hood (by Fujioh).

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have the Electrolux keyhole hob and it works great for the last 1.5 months.... The only downside is my mum keep complaining that why do we want to have a induction hob in our place ....

I have used the Electrolux hood and it was great. Strong suction power. Mine was the duct out model EFC9573X but everything else should be the same as your model. This model is Made in China but I actually preferred it over my much more expensive Made in Japan Ariafina cooker hood (by Fujioh).

Thanks for the feedback! ;)

Milestones and Progress Updates

20 April 2010 - Punggol Emerald BTO launched

10 August 2010 - Unit selected

6 March 2011 - Signed Agreement for Lease

6 April 2012 - Placed refundable deposit for mattress at Robinsons

7 September 2013 - Technically bought our first piece of furniture, king size bed from Scanteak

5 October 2013 - Started contractor/ID shopping

am very curious how come the mattress deposit is refundable? I paid $200 deposit for my kingkoll at OG were not refundable!! :dunno:

Edited by newhere

am very curious how come the mattress deposit is refundable? I paid $200 deposit for my kingkoll at OG were not refundable!! :dunno:

That claim was made by the salesperson who attended to us and I did not actually verify it according to the T&Cs of the store policy. Given that it is an established, reputable store and my knack of having things my way with my complaints, the worst case scenario in the event that we are not getting the mattress is that we simply use the $200 deposit as store credit to purchase other items. Chances of that happening though, is unlikely as we both felt that the prices on offer were reasonable to us. The promotion then was something like $600 or $800 discounts plus $1 top-up from queen to king size.

That claim was made by the salesperson who attended to us and I did not actually verify it according to the T&Cs of the store policy. Given that it is an established, reputable store and my knack of having things my way with my complaints, the worst case scenario in the event that we are not getting the mattress is that we simply use the $200 deposit as store credit to purchase other items. Chances of that happening though, is unlikely as we both felt that the prices on offer were reasonable to us. The promotion then was something like $600 or $800 discounts plus $1 top-up from queen to king size.

The Robinsons of today is different from the Robinsons of the past.

In the past, you can always go back to get exchange or refund with no questions asked within a month or so, and I believe many of us continue to believe that. But when I tried to get a refund on a teapot recently, the staff pointed to a line on the receipt which said Refund only within 7 days! And the refund is not in cash, it is into a stored value card.

I also bought the mattresses and the salesman promised me the sky. He said as per Robinsons' policy, I could change my mind anytime before delivery. I wanted him to write down what he promised but he said there is no need, as this is guarantee by Robinsons. But this was not totally true. I faced some problems claiming my free coffeemaker for every mattress etc. Basically, get the salesman to write down what he promised.

Edited by kstoh

The Robinsons of today is different from the Robinsons of the past.

In the past, you can always go back to get exchange or refund with no questions asked within a month or so, and I believe many of us continue to believe that. But when I tried to get a refund on a teapot recently, the staff pointed to a line on the receipt which said Refund only within 7 days! And the refund is not in cash, it is into a stored value card.

I also bought the mattresses and the salesman promised me the sky. He said as per Robinsons' policy, I could change my mind anytime before delivery. I wanted him to write down what he promised but he said there is no need, as this is guarantee by Robinsons. But this was not totally true. I faced some problems claiming my free coffeemaker for every mattress etc. Basically, get the salesman to write down what he promised.

Thanks for the tip!

We did get the salesperson to note down on the invoice all the models and free gifts he was throwing in on the invoice, except for the refundable clause on the deposit, which we didn't feel was necessary. Hopefully, we won't have to regret this oversight.

I have almost the same floorplan as you, except mine is 5 room and the main door faces the kitchen. Will be combining both master bedroom and bedroom 1 for a huge *** master bedroom!

I have almost the same floorplan as you, except mine is 5 room and the main door faces the kitchen. Will be combining both master bedroom and bedroom 1 for a huge *** master bedroom!

Are you from Emerald as well?

For our future neighbours who have requested for the sharing of our experience with the contractors/IDs we have dealt with, here you go.

Updated under post 2.

Hi, will you be able to share your sketchup file with me? I am also awaiting keys collecting of my Punggol Emerald home and would like to start planning. Our floor plans are the same so if you could send me your sketchup working file it would be really helpful for me. Thanks!

Hi VincentWangZx,

check your email. You may also wish to edit your post to omit your email address.

Edited by mavicaste

I thought I was making too early order of the mattress, you were even earlier! Btw I am from Emerald too, yet to collect the keys. Are you in the FB group?

I thought I was making too early order of the mattress, you were even earlier! Btw I am from Emerald too, yet to collect the keys. Are you in the FB group?

Yes, I am in both the main group as well as the discussion group. In face, I posted the link to this thread on the main group some time ago. So you should be able to figure out who I am.

I assume you are Joseph? :notti:

Incidentally, we dropped by at Robinsons this weekend to review the shortlisted models and found out that our first choice has been refreshed and the other 2 replaced. With the current promotion on the refreshed model, we managed to shave almost $200 off the price we "locked in" originally. Apart from this, we also dropped the 2 replacement models and shortlisted a new model exclusive to the Robinson Orchard as a cheaper alternative.