Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hey IT question... I had the ac1900 router from asus.. And I placed this on the tv console in the living room where the fibre point is.

However I am not able to get the signal in my master bed room ... Do u think I need to get wifi patcher? Or is there any other way to improve the signal? Point the antenna towards the room direction? There are 3 walls from the living to the master bedroom

If the original firmware or third-party ones allow you to increase the transmitting power, you should try and see if that helps. Else, a Wi-Fi range extender is necessary.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wifi range extender might not help if it is blocked by the walls. I went to challenger and the guy suggested to pluck in a wireless access point in my room via a cat 6 LAN point

Wifi range extender might not help if it is blocked by the walls. I went to challenger and the guy suggested to pluck in a wireless access point in my room via a cat 6 LAN point

Range extenders work by being placed in between the router and target area while still being in range of the router, and the weak signal is boosted to the target area.

Of course, if you have a LAN point in the target area, you can always use another AP as that will provide the better performance between the two solutions.

• Like 1

How's the water pressure of the city gas heater ?

Would u recommend this or storage heater?

Don't think the gas heater actually affects the existing water pressure and it is more dependent on if your floor is serviced by the pump or water tanks.

In my case, being on the 11th floor, it is well within the acceptable range for our shower head usage.

Congrats mavi on finishing the reno (yes im still here). I just realised we will be living across the street separated by an LRT station.

Regarding the gas water heater, is true you need 5-10 seconds (when you first turn it on each day) for the hot water to reach the temperature you need?

This question came after everyone's dilemma between getting gas water heater vs bennington c600.

Hi..

What is the difference between e27 downlight and e27 led downlight and led downlight?

where did u buy e27 led downlight in sg?

Can you please share the taobao link for e27 downlight?

Hi..

What is the difference between e27 downlight and e27 led downlight and led downlight?

I think for E27 is the light bulb for where the driver is built together with led, led downlight could be seperated. E27 bulb spoil jus change the bulb. Any one to comment?

Last but not least, a sneak preview of the network cables termination.

This is how the 8-port patch panel is integrated into the TV console. Note that the bundling of the cables using masking tape is just a temporary measure as I did not bring along my bag of Velcro straps.

TVConsolePatchPanel01.jpg

TVConsolePatchPanel02.jpg

TVConsolePatchPanel03.jpg

Hi Mavicaste

Do you mind sharing where you bought the 8-port patch panel?

Thank you :)

Apologies for the late reply, been ridiculously busy with work the past couple of weeks.

Congrats mavi on finishing the reno (yes im still here). I just realised we will be living across the street separated by an LRT station.

Regarding the gas water heater, is true you need 5-10 seconds (when you first turn it on each day) for the hot water to reach the temperature you need?

This question came after everyone's dilemma between getting gas water heater vs bennington c600.

You are from Topaz?

Yes, this largely depends on the temperature of the incoming cold water. The colder it is, the longer it takes to heat up the water although you can set the gas heater to a higher desired temperature if you prefer shorter waiting time. After using it for 5 months, we have no regrets getting the gas heater.

Hi..

E27 is the name of the socket standard. E27 downlight is the conventional bulb while E27 LED downlight is the LED variant.

As simple13 has mentioned, you can simply replace a E27 LED downlight if its faulty or if you just fancy of change of tone.

I only use E27 LED bulbs from Philips bought locally from Self Fix when they were on sale. As for the E27 downlight fixtures, I got them from http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=20591696410

Hi Mavicaste

Do you mind sharing where you bought the 8-port patch panel?

Thank you :)

They were from Amazon as were the rest of my networking tools.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003SSX1Z2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

You are from Topaz?

Yes, this largely depends on the temperature of the incoming cold water. The colder it is, the longer it takes to heat up the water although you can set the gas heater to a higher desired temperature if you prefer shorter waiting time. After using it for 5 months, we have no regrets getting the gas heater.

Opal.

Thanks. I should not regret too given the cost savings.

Some long overdue live-in photos after we got some furniture pieces late last year.

To all our readers celebrating the Lunar New Year, we wish you great wealth and health in the new year. 新年快乐,万事如意。

LivingRoomLive06.jpg

LivingRoomLive07.jpg

StudyLive06.jpg

StudyLive07.jpg

MainBedroomLive06.jpg