Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
klimoo

Klimoo's Reno Journey

Hi klimoo

Like to check with you, your bi-fold door for kitchen, which side does your door swing toward to? Because I saw your picture and think you did not relocate the kitchen switches right?

I did not re-locate my switches and though if I wanted to get either PD or bi-fold, if the doors swing towards the switch, it will be troublesome to on-off the light?

Please kindly advise.

Thanks!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi klimoo, congrats on a nice renovation! Place looking good.

Could I ask which laminates you used for the kitchen bottom cabinet and the toilet vanity? They look to be the same but I could be wrong.

Mind sharing how much does Mr K quote you for the platform and for the brick wall?

Your platform can it be used for storage?

Coz I planned to do a platform storage.

Hi klimoo

Like to check with you, your bi-fold door for kitchen, which side does your door swing toward to? Because I saw your picture and think you did not relocate the kitchen switches right?

I did not re-locate my switches and though if I wanted to get either PD or bi-fold, if the doors swing towards the switch, it will be troublesome to on-off the light?

Please kindly advise.

Thanks!!

Hi linakua! The kitchen door folds to the left wall in the picture, so yup I did not have to relocate any switches. You are right, if the door folds to the right, it will be troublesome as it will block access to the kitchen switch and I think the bigger problem is that a portion of the door will jut out, so its quite in the way. When ours fold to the left, it will just be against the wall, so it wouldn't hinder movement much. Hope this helps and we'll post a picture of the folded door when we are back!

Hi klimoo, congrats on a nice renovation! Place looking good.

Could I ask which laminates you used for the kitchen bottom cabinet and the toilet vanity? They look to be the same but I could be wrong.

Thanks vicx1234! The laminates are different lol sorry for my poor photos! the wood laminates used for the kitchen is Hermes Marcello Walnut, WY5217D, which is a darker brown while for the mbr vanity counter we used Amber York Teak, WY5232D. Both are from lamitak.

Hi klimoo, nice reno! Where did you get your tv console and bed frame from? thanks!

Thanks ollie! The tv console is from second charm, and you can customize the dimensions and even the design of the console. The bed frame is from commune.

Nice!!!

Thank you linsullen! :sport-smiley-018:

Mind sharing how much does Mr K quote you for the platform and for the brick wall?

Your platform can it be used for storage?

Coz I planned to do a platform storage.

Hi xiaohuiis, we were quoted about $800 for the platform and it has no storage. We didn't do a platform with storage as ours is only about 15 cm high due to the full length windows. For the brick wall we were quoted 2.8k which was an estimated quote. Actual prices have not been confirmed yet!

Even the fine details are well thought out.

Looks so cosy, thumbs UP! :good:

Hellloooo Barleywater!! hahaha thanks for the compliments. :D We tried to ensure our home will be comfortable, functional and at the same time cosy! hee. So so we tried as much as we can to visualize what we'll need when we are staying there. There are a couple of things we missed out on, such as not having planned a power point for a standing fan in the mbr. We also wished we had added a power point above the shoe cabinet so that we can charge our phones there haha. Electrical works happen quite early in the reno stages so must have a plan ready soon after reno starts!

Hi xiaohuiis, we were quoted about $800 for the platform and it has no storage. We didn't do a platform with storage as ours is only about 15 cm high due to the full length windows. For the brick wall we were quoted 2.8k which was an estimated quote. Actual prices have not been confirmed yet!

Hmm my house also going to be full length windows haha jialiat means high chance I cant do storage platform as well. May I know what material did Mr K used for your platform? the $800 inclusive of the laminate also?

Edited by xiaohuiis

Hmm my house also going to be full length windows haha jialiat means high chance I cant do storage platform as well. May I know what material did Mr K used for your platform? the $800 inclusive of the laminate also?

The platform was done by carpentry, and the material used is the same as those used for the cabinets, which should be plywood with laminates on the surface. Yes the $800 includes the laminates.

How the kitchen door looks like when its folded:

g74c.jpg
From the kitchen side

q2pj.jpg
This is the 'maximum' it can be folded due to the lock in the middle of the two pieces.

And together with the simple extendable dining table! :)

5j4y.jpg

Ur dining table is extendable??? From ikea isit?

Yepp it's extendable! It's not from ikea. It's from Novamobili and we like how it can go from a table for 2 to 6, or even 8 if u cosy up a little. Hee

Thanks klimoo. Before having passed on the laminate codes to my wife, she already had her eyes set on the Hermes Marcello Walnut! So we're going to end up with the same kitchen cabinet laminate as you (I hope you don't mind). It's so good to have a reference picture to view now that your cabinets are already up, thanks!