Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
klimoo

Klimoo's Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Can pm me the price?? :)

PM-ed!

Thanks klimoo. Before having passed on the laminate codes to my wife, she already had her eyes set on the Hermes Marcello Walnut! So we're going to end up with the same kitchen cabinet laminate as you (I hope you don't mind). It's so good to have a reference picture to view now that your cabinets are already up, thanks!

Hee of course we don't mind. We are loving the look of the kitchen laminates and I think you'd love it too when its up! Good choice! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi hi, may i know where u bought your masterbed room sidetable?

Thanks!

Hi Yeocando, we bought the bedside table from second charm.

The mbr with the louvered doors that were just installed yesterday.

0urj.png

Nice doors klimoo. We are doing a double door for our mbr, but our contractor says that one of the door panels needs to be locked in order for the other to open. Does yours have a lock anywhere? I can't seem to see from the pictures. Also does the fact that your doors are louvered mean that aircon can escape?

Edited: just realized that the louvered door is your toilet door. how do you solve the aircon escaping problem?

Edited by vicx1234

Nice doors klimoo. We are doing a double door for our mbr, but our contractor says that one of the door panels needs to be locked in order for the other to open. Does yours have a lock anywhere? I can't seem to see from the pictures. Also does the fact that your doors are louvered mean that aircon can escape?

Edited: just realized that the louvered door is your toilet door. how do you solve the aircon escaping problem?

Hi vicx1234, there'll definitely be some cold air escaping but any negative effect on the cooling of the room is not noticeable to us, so we didn't do anything about it.

The photo below shows the size of the gaps between the louvres.

6fsj.jpg
Yes the doors cannot be opened easily unless one panel is locked in place, allowing the other panel to swing open. This should be the lock your contractor is referring to.
0wwb.jpg
The reason why the two panels cannot be opened simultaneously should be because of the L-groove of the panels. It causes the two panels to 'stick' to each other. This is a top down view of the groove.
x7pq.jpg
And lastly, the lock for the doors, which is the same as our kitchen bifold's lock.
jxmm.jpg
Hope the above helps!
Edited by klimoo

Thanks klimoo! That was extremely useful indeed, guess what our contractor was saying was correct after all. Initially we had hoped to just see the door knob without any of the locks or hinges etc, but guess that's not possible.

Btw, could you pm me the cost of your door please? Thanks!

Thanks klimoo! That was extremely useful indeed, guess what our contractor was saying was correct after all. Initially we had hoped to just see the door knob without any of the locks or hinges etc, but guess that's not possible.

Btw, could you pm me the cost of your door please? Thanks!

Sent! :)

Just received our sofa bed today! We needed a sofa bed that can sleep two for when our families are staying over. Many of the sofa beds we saw were either too wide or very clunky looking. This is smaller than a queen sized, fits into our second bedroom nicely and still wide enough for two :)

oe3r.jpg

af21.jpg

Very easy to convert it into a bed even if its just by myself :) have also bought a mattress topper from tb to make it more comfortable!

hihi, nice renov. where you get this sofa bed?

Hi pinkyceline, the sofabed is from the design store by lifestorey. But its not branded like some of the items they sell there so fortunately the price is also unbranded price lol. We bought it two months ago and they were clearing stock for this sofabed, which was the "leftovers" after they mass produced/sold it to some private development.

Today was the first time we used our washing machine and to our horror, our washing machine drainage pipe is stuck! :jawdrop: So the water kept gushing out of the pipe instead of through the pipe and after our noob attempts at unclogging, it still remains stubbornly clogged.

2cma.jpg

drjt.jpg

mqsi.jpg

We did check all the pipes in the house before, to ensure they could all flow. This was after the first round of cleaning. During those times there was no problem with the washing machine pipe but we did unclog dried plaster in the toilet's drainage pipes. One was even as big as a fist! For this we had no idea if its due to hdb or contractor, and we cleared everything ourselves.

We called mr k and thankfully he said he'll send his men down to check. But before that we may first go to bsc to see if they can help us to unclog it.

So to all who are gg to start/in the process of reno, rem to check all the pipes for drainage before and after reno if you can!

Hi, Klimoo I like your IKEA 1.86m Numerar birch worktop may I know do they delivery and assemble for you and what is you size of the breadth in m or feet thank :)

Hi, Klimoo I like your IKEA 1.86m Numerar birch worktop may I know do they delivery and assemble for you and what is you size of the breadth in m or feet thank :)

Hi tarzanboy! the breadth of the worktop is 62cm and yes ikea does delivery and assembly for you at a fee.

You can find the prices at http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_SG/pdf/delivery_rates_250612.pdf

Hi Kilmoo, appreciate if you can also PM me the price of the extendable table from Nova Mobili. TIA!

Hi Kilmoo! Can you pm the price of your extendable table please? Thanks!

Hellos. PMs sent! :)

Some photos of the dining table taken today.

978j.jpg

4w1u.jpg

hqay.jpg

The extension is very easy to carry out and can be done by one person. In its original size, its a square of 90 by 90cm and when extended, its length is 150cm.