Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
klimoo

Klimoo's Reno Journey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Dear

Do you have the final look of photos of yr house and the price for a reno like yrs for my reference . I like the feel of your flat but I am still looking around at designs and meeting ids for quotations.

Hello noticed that u mentioned ur ordered items from insani... May I know if these items are covered with warranty?

Water works

MBR toilet

wdu1.png

quy9.png

Really like the shower cubicle in the mbr toilet! hee

Likewise the bronze accessories are from taobao. Toilet bowl's from Rigel. We got the power and soul shower set from amazon usa as insani didn't have stock for that. The grohtherm thermostatic bath/shower mixer and another grohe and hansa taps r from insani which was cheaper than buying in sg even after adding in shipping costs. The experience buying from insani was good. Items were received in good condition in abt 1-2 weeks. But over the last weekend we saw some grohe sale at interior affairs and the prices in the papers looked quite good too!

Hi Klimoo..just read abt ur reno story. Do u mind sharing how much did you pay for hacking the bedroom wall and putting up the glass panel? Thank you in advance and sorry for the trouble!

Hi, would you be able to take and post up a picture taken from (angle) your living room's television set? Am thinking of hacking down the walls of our bedroom 3 too, wondering how it would look from the point of view at the television area. Thanks in advance! :)

Hi vicx1234, there'll definitely be some cold air escaping but any negative effect on the cooling of the room is not noticeable to us, so we didn't do anything about it.

The photo below shows the size of the gaps between the louvres.

6fsj.jpg
Yes the doors cannot be opened easily unless one panel is locked in place, allowing the other panel to swing open. This should be the lock your contractor is referring to.
0wwb.jpg
The reason why the two panels cannot be opened simultaneously should be because of the L-groove of the panels. It causes the two panels to 'stick' to each other. This is a top down view of the groove.
x7pq.jpg
And lastly, the lock for the doors, which is the same as our kitchen bifold's lock.
jxmm.jpg
Hope the above helps!

Hi Kilimoo,

Do you know the contact for this louver door need it urgently, thanks!

Yepp it's extendable! It's not from ikea. It's from Novamobili and we like how it can go from a table for 2 to 6, or even 8 if u cosy up a little. Hee

Hi Klimoo,

Can pm me the price of this Novamobili Dining Table?

Thanks in advance !!

your house looks fabulous, so cosy and functional!

do you mind sharing mr. k's contacts as we're about to start on our 5rm resale renovation.

Thanks!

How the kitchen door looks like when its folded:

g74c.jpg

From the kitchen side

q2pj.jpg

This is the 'maximum' it can be folded due to the lock in the middle of the two pieces.

And together with the simple extendable dining table! :)

5j4y.jpg

Lools good! Could you pm me the brand & price of the kitchen and MBR bathroom door? Edited by wmayeo

Great ideas ! May I know if the Joven heater tank can be installed in the Service Yard than in MBR toilet ? thinking you are using Grohe shower system ... and the tank kind of distort the design ...