Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noodlemelon

Glass Panel Of Ceiling Light Dropped!

Last night I heard a crash from the kitchen when I was already in bed. I went to the kitchen and was astonished to find the glass panel of one of the ceiling lights in the kitchen dropped and the floor was scattered with glass pieces.Luckily no one was in the kitchen then. I cannot imagine what would have happened if someone happened to be there.

dropped light

The light was installed around 2 years ago by the contractor. I haven't touched it since then. I'm not sure what caused the glass to drop and worried about the other light of the same model. I sent message to the contractor but haven't got any reply yet.

The other light of the same model. Don't know when it will suddenly drop as well...

kitchen light

Does anyone have any suggestion as to who I shall seek help from and who is responsible for this? Or there is nothing I can do but pray it won't happen again?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by noodlemelon

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

That is not much you can do. If it is a manufacturing defect, then it is not really the contractor's fault and you cannot blame him. At most, you can go after the manufacturer and make noise. Maybe they will send people to take a look at the others etc?

Hi,

I have the identical lighting as shown. The glass panel can dropped easily if not properly installed or

gap are much for movement between the panel and the main holder.

The glass panel have two u-shape for attaching to the holder. It can be adjusted and tighten by screw.

Adjust the tightness on the panel to the holder to thing to do to reduce, not avoid because there is

nothing to secure